• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel LGA2011 Socket, X68 Express Chipset Pictured

System Name The wifes worst enemy
Processor i5-9600k
Motherboard Asrock z390 phantom gaming 4
Cooling water
Memory 16gb G.skill ripjaw DDR4 2400 4X4GB 15-15-15-35-2T
Video Card(s) Asrock 5600xt phantom gaming 6gb 14gb/s
Storage crucial M500 120GB SSD, Pny 256GB SSD, seagate 750GB, seagate 2TB HDD, WD blue 1TB 2.5" HDD
Display(s) 27 inch samsung @ 1080p but capable of much more ;)
Case Corsair AIR 540 Cube Mid tower
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA GQ1000W MODULAR
Mouse generic for now
Keyboard generic for now
Software gotta love steam, origin etc etc
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/philbrown_23/
it will be interesting if the do it like this: ||0|| and have the 2 slots closest the cpu on both sides make it dual channel. instead of 2 sticks next to each other for dual channel. it would mean both stick in both channels would be the same distance from the cpu making latency and high speeds better.

or if they could do away with seperate modules and have everything on cpu. its a hell of an idea

Unidoubt

Hey Guys, I was planning and really getting excited to get my hands on a 2600k (3.4Ghz) €270, asus mobo maximus 4 extreme €320, corsair 8gb 2000mhz XMS dual kit (x2 for 16gb) €135x2=€270, MSI Twinfrozr2/OC N580 GTX €450, and an prolimatech CPU cooler Armaggeddon €60 and sum basic things
(All are local retail prices, and it appeals to me)

since I probably couldn't stand to wait till LGA 2011 to be released, this would rock my world :rockout: with still lots of OC capabilities if would hit any restrictions :banghead:
(I read sum peeps got it over 5ghz on stock cooler, upto 7ghz just on air, amazing)

While I'm saving up to get the whole thing in one buy, LGA 2011 rumors/specs/leaks keeps haunting me, like what if I regret not waiting for it and wasted my money :eek:
just my personal bkg I wanted to share here, any feedback will be welcome

so now on topic, LGA 2011 what I read up so far
Socket 2011 uses QPI to connect the CPU to either additional CPUs in a dual socket system, or to add-in chipsets. The CPU will handle northbridge functions, such as memory control, PCIe control, DMI, FDI, and other functions integrated on chip.

This socket is expected to be released alongside Sandy Bridge-EX in Q3 2011, and will support 4 memory channels as well as 32× PCIe 3.0 lanes from the CPU, the socket will measure 58.5mm × 51mm, and is backwards compatible with LGA 1366 cooling solutions.

and about pricing, a few months back I've read an article on intel stating that the max price they'll ask for a single cpu will be roofed @ $999 upon release, as they've done in the past.
so thats a relief :D

and according to a chipset info leaked on guru3d march 31, it's an intel x79 express chipset featuring 8 pcie 2.0 lanes @5GT/s, 14 Sata connections 10 of which are 6gb/s, 14usb 2.0.
which is a lil strange since it was supposed to cum with pcie 3.0 's, also the mobo max 4 extreme I mentioned above are all usb 3.0, so why the hell would they implement usb2.0 on new boards? it should be standard by Q3 2011 lol, or is it that asus is ahead of its game :D

I guess i'll save up and wait a lil longer to see if it really makes all that difference, and if it doesn't I can always buy the rig I mentioned above, which will be considerbly dropped in price by then :D

thnx 4 readin, sharing is caring, cheers m8s :toast: