• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Introduces Multitouch Slate Tablet PC and Lightweight Notebook for Business

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HP today announced the HP Slate 2 Tablet PC with expanded touch capabilities, enhanced multitasking performance and embedded security, providing added flexibility to mobile business users. The company also announced a new notebook PC targeting business, education and government customers.

The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC provides instant deployment for business and vertical markets such as education, healthcare, government and retail, where jobs frequently take users away from a traditional desk. With a full-featured Microsoft Windows environment, the 1.5 pound HP Slate 2 Tablet PC provides professionals with the flexibility to create, edit and review content on one highly mobile and lightweight device.

"HP is dedicated to the tablet PC category and continues to listen to customers and improve the product in ways that best address their business needs," said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Managed IT Segment, HP. "The HP Slate includes the right mix of rich features, support for custom-built applications, and the security and connectivity needed for today's highly mobile and rigorous day-to-day professional environment."

The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC features an 8.9-inch diagonal capacitive multitouch display for touch and pen input plus includes a new Swype keyboard. The Swype applet enhances the touch experience with comfortable and efficient data entry via one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard.

The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC comes with an Intel Atom Z670 processor with mSATA SSM technology to deliver faster boot times, improved battery life of up to six hours and increased performance for business customers.

"The Slate Tablet PC's combination of an Intel Atom processor and flash memory deliver excellent performance," said Dr. Rick LeMoine of Sharp HealthCare in San Diego. -I don't know how they do it, but sometimes it seems to me that the Slate runs these applications faster than my desktop PC does."

Additional hardware and software enhancements to the HP Slate 2 Tablet PC's security and experience include:
  • A TPM Embedded Security Chip protects data - from email to information on the hard drive.
  • Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools provides user control and management of the TPM chip to increase secure user authentication, improved personal secure drive integrity, secure email and support protected digital certificate applications.
  • BIOS support for Computrace Pro helps protect against data theft by allowing customers to remotely delete data at the file, directory or operating system level and keep confidential information more secure.
  • Through a single user interface, HP Connection Manager offers easy control over wireless connections, including Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth and optional integrated 3G Mobile Broadband for convenient internet and intranet access from more places around the world.
For remote workers, a front-facing VGA webcam enables videoconferencing, and a 3-megapixel camera on the back allows for still image and video capture. SRS Premium Sound provides optimized audio settings for voice and multimedia applications and an SD card slot allows for expanded storage and sharing capabilities. The HP Slate Dock provides device connection via two USB 2.0 ports and an HDMI port.

Flexible HP Slate solutions for business
The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC comes with optional additional accessories and business solutions including the HP Retail Mobile Point of Sale (POS) Case, which features an integrated magnetic stripe reader and barcode scanner for retailers. The case attaches to the HP Slate 2 and creates a secure portable POS solution that personalizes transactions, boosts productivity and sales, and integrates into existing application and hardware infrastructure. In addition, the HP Slate 2 helps retailers combine online and enterprise access to applications and services including task management workflows, inventory data and custom orders. The optional HP Slate Bluetooth Keyboard and Case accessory is a new sleek, stylish executive-class carrying solution that bundles the HP Slate 2, a rechargeable Bluetooth keyboard, HP Slate Digital Pen, and ID, business, or credit cards inside a single case.

Lightweight business notebooks
Designed for mobile professionals, the HP 3115m offers up to 11.5 hours of battery life, flexible wireless capabilities, an 11.6-inch diagonal LED-backlit HD display, Beats Audio and a high-definition webcam for collaboration with peers. The new AMD E450 dualcore Fusion APU with AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics provides greater performance than a netbook without weighing professionals down.

Pricing and availability
The HP Slate 2 Tablet PC starts at $699 and is expected to be available worldwide later this month. The HP 3115m starts at $429 and is expected to be available Nov. 11 in the Americas only.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
IMO that pad looks a little chunky.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Well, they didn't can their PC business so I guess that gives them the right to go back to trying again at the tablet market. Atom CPU...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Question is what OS will it use. WebOS, Android, Windows?

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question is what OS will it use. WebOS, Android, Windows?

Click on and expand the second pic... Windows 7, but IMO you will see Windows 8 on it.;)

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
IMO that pad looks a little chunky.

I like the looks of it. I've found that those ultrathin things is too thin for me. I'll take a square box over those thin curved things anyday. :)

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
how long till Apple makes a copy, only lighter and sues HP for this?

I hope the tablet will use Windows 8, otherwise it will fail like the rest.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
how long till Apple makes a copy, only lighter and sues HP for this?

You mean like the iPad and the Macbook Air... oh wait... that came out before this.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I hope the tablet will use Windows 8, otherwise it will fail like the rest.

I don't know.. I must be one of the few that don't have any problems with win 7 on a tablet.. Just spent some time working with it. Boom, been using it for a year and a half now, and it's my best friend at work.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I don't know.. I must be one of the few that don't have any problems with win 7 on a tablet.. Just spent some time working with it. Boom, been using it for a year and a half now, and it's my best friend at work.

Yeah, I never understood the appeal of those iPadlike tablets. I want a small touchscreen computer (with Windows and its programs), not a big phone! :laugh:

I'm sure it's Windows 7 and not Win 7 mobile right? That's the reason. It's sluggish and not built for touchscreen computer/tablet.

I rather do my work on a proper PC/laptop with real keyboard.

Tablet should not try to replace laptop/pc -- a touchscreen will never can imo.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
I'm sure it's Windows 7 and not Win 7 mobile right? That's the reason. It's sluggish and not built for touchscreen computer/tablet.

I rather do my work on a proper PC/laptop with real keyboard.

Tablet should not try to replace laptop/pc -- a touchscreen will never can imo.

It has win 7 pro on it. Never used Win 7 Mobile..

I use my tablet more then I use the desktop at work. Since it's not restricted like the desktop.

But, like you... We all have our own opinions.

:toast:

It has win 7 pro on it. Never used Win 7 Mobile..

I use my tablet more then I use the desktop at work. Since it's not restricted like the desktop.

But, like you... We all have our own opinions.

:toast:

I don't own any of the Windows 7 tablet, but i had a very bad experience at the MS Store... All the tablets that have Windows 7 on it were really slow compared to Android/iPad tablets.

Half of the Windows tablets weren't even working <--- I'm not joking. When I talked to the clerk about it, she had no idea what was wrong and shown me another tablet, but it wasn't working either :laugh:.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
I don't own any of the Windows 7 tablet, but i had a very bad experience at the MS Store... All the tablets that have Windows 7 on it were really slow compared to Android/iPad tablets.

Half of the Windows tablets weren't even working <--- I'm not joking. When I talked to the clerk about it, she had no idea what was wrong and shown me another tablet, but it wasn't working either :laugh:.

Lol.. I can see that.. But, when my tablet has a duel core, 8gb of ddr3 1333... It's different then the average one that MS store shows.. lol.. Nah, if you get a Win7 tablet, just install your own win 7, spend 4h working on "handwriting" and your golden.. Also, mine was 1300 HP Touchsmart.. So, that's a big difference.. lol

Lol.. I can see that.. But, when my tablet has a duel core, 8gb of ddr3 1333... It's different then the average one that MS store shows.. lol.. Nah, if you get a Win7 tablet, just install your own win 7, spend 4h working on "handwriting" and your golden.. Also, mine was 1300 HP Touchsmart.. So, that's a big difference.. lol

That is not a tablet! :laugh:

I can't even read my handwriting... i guess i will stick with keys :roll:.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
That is not a tablet! :laugh:

I can't even read my handwriting... i guess i will stick with keys :roll:.

They consider it a tablet since it rotates into one.. lol

Well, even if your not into handwriting.. make the keyboard the way you want it. Full screen.. boom, it's like your typing on your cell phone sideways..