• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Maximus Fuels Workstation Revolution With Kepler Architecture

Benetanegia

You are funny how you somehow insert some off the wall implications that you have in your head.

Its like I dont have to say anything and you insert what ever you want into the conversation. Its halarious.

Do you still have your imaginary friend with you ? :laugh:

Now you are embarrasing yourself. You can't tell the difference between a Tesla and a Quadro, between the pro and consumer market and now you don't even know what an API is, yet you continue on arguing about things that are waaaay above your knowledge, posting irrelevant stupid things.

And finally since you can't fight the message, mainly because you have no freaking idea of what we are talking about now, you start attacking the messenger. And doing it desperately and hopelessly. Lame. Laughable but lame.

EDIT: I want some more laughs so please try to explain how your previous post is relevant to SmallLux.
EDIT2: Stop embarrasing yourself and post something relevant. I know that you can't understand what an API is, and now I know that you don't even know what Optimization is. A little tip that should help you out through this conversation: OpenCL is NOT SmallLux/Luxmark and Luxmark is NOT OpenCL. No other benchmark/application other than SmallLux/Luxmark can prove SmallLux optimization. That is what my examples were trying to explain to you, I had hopes that you would at least be able to understand that 2 games are not the same thing simply because they use the same API*, but no luck. You are so clueless you can't even understand that, so what's next?

*ups sorry I know you need help, that API that I'm talkiing about there is DirectX, both use DirectX.

Last edited:
I love how you accuse me of all this stuff when you cant even read your own bechmarks you post with speculation of improvements on driver optimization and dont know they are differant settings.:laugh:

Keep going little kid.:laugh:

I like your harry potter imagination. What else am i going to say. :laugh:

I swear he has a mental disorder that he reads a post and it kicks in and something happens in his head that he changes it to mean what ever he wants it to say and then goes on a nerd rage. He needs help.
Lets all pray for him...

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
compute benches are won by Nvidia loosely and some are won by AMD loosely. This does not indicate any advantage on the chip/architecture it only proves that optimization is much required and it's not there yet, which again only proves that GPU compute is a new technology.

And I assume these kind of cards are used for specific purposes so you can't just say "x is better than y, period". Like with most hardware really.

Benetanegia

And I assume these kind of cards are used for specific purposes so you can't just say "x is better than y, period". Like with most hardware really.

Exactly, for example they asked for GK104 based Teslas when that was not in Nvidia's mind.

And professionals buy solutions in reality, not cards. That's why CUDA is so widely use. It works flawlessly (for the most part) and is updated all the time, so it's one or two steps ahead of OpenCL. The restriction to Nvidia cards is not a problem in the professional world, because professionals buy complete solutions (hardware +software) from integrators and the upgrade cycle is much slower.

And yes, once they get the solution, hardware + software (in this case API), they will build the application that best suits their needs and optimize for their hardware. A common mistake is to think that OpenCL code can be ported from one hardware architecture to another without any changes. The API is the same, so the code can essentially be ported, but the much needed optimizations cannot be ported. It's the exact same as a game port from consoles to PC, of course you can simply port most of the code, and it will work, but performance will suck.

@ Xzbit: The only one who does not know what he talks about is you. Again, explain how your link is related to my post. You don't even know, that's why you don't say anything, besides personal attacks that you think will put the audience by your side. Don't you understand no one cares about you? Stop doing the show, no one's listening. And if you really want to demostrate anything, then demostrate it. Post something substantial, but first learn how graphics work, learn about the APIs involved, learn about optimization and how it mus be done in hardware level (i.e GTX480 -> GTX580 or HD5870 -> HD6970), driver level (new driver) and application level (i.e game patch). Learn about the different cards meant for different markets. Learn, in resume, everything and then try to put up a post that doesn't embarrass yourself and the TPU community.

*in red examples that I hope help you understand at least a little bit and helps you out of that dark place you're into.

Sorry i'm still getting a kick out of your interpretation of my post.

Its just amusing and sad at the same time.

No, clown, no one is interpreting your post. It's very clear. You don't know what OpenCL is and that's why you post an unrelated link to a random CUDA(!) MxM inplementation wanting to prove that SmallLux is optmized for Nvidia cards. You think there's a relation between completely unrelated apps and API(!), because you don't even know what each of those things are, which is beyond laughable.

For the nth time, driver optimization for OpenCL does NOT equate to SmallLux optimization. The AESEncrypt bench that I posted earlier IS an OpenCL bench and GTX580 wins hands down, GTX680 is second. So if I was stupid enough, I could say it's because Fermi is God. But I don't. Why? Is anyones guess? Surely I don't say that because a single benchmark means squat, only thing sure is that it's better optimized for that app. Just like Nvidia cards were better optimized in the second SmallLux graph.

Last edited:
@ Xzbit: The only one who does not know what he talks about is you. Again, explain how your link is related to my post. You don't even know, that's why you don't say anything, besides personal attacks that you think will put the audience by your side. Don't you understand no one cares about you? Stop doing the show, no one's listening. And if you really want to demostrate anything, then demostrate it. Post something substantial, but first learn how graphics work, learn about the APIs involved, learn about optimization and how it mus be done in hardware level (i.e GTX480 -> GTX580 or HD5870 -> HD6970), driver level (new driver) and application level (i.e game patch). Learn about the different cards meant for different markets. Learn, in resume, everything and then try to put up a post that doesn't embarrass yourself and the TPU community.

Sorry i'm still getting a kick out of your interpretation of my post.

Its just amusing and sad at the same time.

Last edited:

Benetanegia

You need things simple so you probably have problems understanding the above, so here you go as simple as posible:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6025/radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition-review-catching-up-to-gtx-680/14

For our next benchmark we’re looking at AESEncryptDecrypt, an OpenCL AES encryption routine that AES encrypts/decrypts an 8K x 8K pixel square image file.

Just so you believe it's OpenCL accelerated.

What Anandtech says about SmallLuxGPU:

Being an OpenCL title that NVIDIA isn’t taking any care to optimize for, the 7970GE simply blows the GTX 680 out of the water. It’s not even a contest here.

So 2 benches using OpenCL, same hardware, same drivers. One clearly won by AMD, one clearly won by Nvidia. It surely speaks volumes about which card is faster accelerating OpenCL apps. Right? Or...

No, clown, no one is interpreting your post. It's very clear. You don't know what OpenCL is and that's why you post an unrelated link to a random CUDA(!) MxM inplementation wanting to prove that SmallLux is optmized for Nvidia cards. You think there's a relation between completely unrelated apps and API(!), because you don't even know what each of those things are, which is beyond laughable.

For the nth time, driver optimization for OpenCL does NOT equate to SmallLux optimization. The AESEncrypt bench that I posted earlier IS an OpenCL bench and GTX580 wins hands down, GTX680 is second. So if I was stupid enough, I could say it's because Fermi is God. But I don't. Why? Is anyones guess? Surely I don't say that because a single benchmark means squat, only thing sure is that it's better optimized for that app. Just like Nvidia cards were better optimized in the second SmallLux graph.

Thats why its amusing... Your making a correllation. Inserting your preconceived notion of the conversation you wanted to conclude :laugh:

Why its sad... Your continuing it at your free will. Something definately has to be wrong with you since you picked it up and ran with it the way you are and are continue to do so.:laugh:

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
So 2 benches using OpenCL, same hardware, same drivers. One clearly won by AMD, one clearly won by Nvidia. It surely speaks volumes about which card is faster accelerating OpenCL apps. Right? Or...

what i would say is that nvidia used to spout about their cards performance in scientific simulations, rendering, oil and gas etc, since kepler came out with its poor double precision performance the scientific simulations been dropped from their PR bumph, a point not lost on me, neither is the fact it takes them two 680 Gpus to make a K10 kesla card that beats its prior gen single precision performance, dosnt sound like an epic design win to me, this is just my oppinion beni, dont get bent up on it:D.

Benetanegia

Thats why its amusing... Your making a correllation. Inserting your preconceived notion of the conversation you wanted to conclude :laugh:

Why its sad... Your continuing it at your free will. Something definately has to be wrong with you since you picked it up and ran with it the way you are and are continue to do so.:laugh:

Oh poor troll. I make no correlation. If I post something and you quote it saying it's wrong and you link something. There's the correlation. 1 more thing in your have to learn list. You have a lot of caching up to do.

Now, if instead of these stupid posts, you posted something or explained your point since debating my point is apparently not your point (nice way of trolling and going offtopic btw), you wouldn't look like an idiot.

what i would say is that nvidia used to spout about their cards performance in scientific simulations, rendering, oil and gas etc, since kepler came out with its poor double precision performance the scientific simulations been dropped from their PR bumph, a point not lost on me, neither is the fact it takes them two 680 Gpus to make a K10 kesla card that beats its prior gen single precision performance, dosnt sound like an epic design win to me, this is just my oppinion beni, dont get bent up on it:D.

BS. All of it. In single precision K10 destroys the previous gen badly, on same TDP, reason for which they included 2 GPUs, because they can. DP it was never meant to be. At least keep it realistic man.

And GK104, K10 and it's compute capabilities (SP) have been marketed to hell and back. This thread being only one of the many.

Random example from a 5 sec google search:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/18/nvidia_isc_tesla_k10_performance/

Prefer TPU? Have it:

http://www.techpowerup.com/167862/N...nce-Milestones-For-Scientific-Simulation.html

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
http://ambermd.org/gpus/

Only Nvidia GPU's.........so they are saying, hay, on our track that we won't let AND on we beat CPU's, so, ya know, good for us........ press release.

Press release is synonymous with thrown monkey excrement.

Oh, and notice all the things NOT supported on the GPU. So, in a half assed sort of way, some of part of the code might run on the GPU, but not all.

This is like when we found changing the card ID to Nvidia improved frame rates in certain games and stuff, or like when there were alot of missing textures that reapperared with a .exe name change. Not that Nvidia has ever done anything questionable to make themselves look better, or any other company for that matter.

Benetanegia

http://ambermd.org/gpus/

Only Nvidia GPU's.........so they are saying, hay, on our track that we won't let AND on we beat CPU's, so, ya know, good for us........ press release.

Press release is synonymous with thrown monkey excrement.

Oh, and notice all the things NOT supported on the GPU. So, in a half assed sort of way, some of part of the code might run on the GPU, but not all.

This is like when we found changing the card ID to Nvidia improved frame rates in certain games and stuff, or like when there were alot of missing textures that reapperared with a .exe name change. Not that Nvidia has ever done anything questionable to make themselves look better, or any other company for that matter.

He said Nvidia avoided promoting Kepler as a compute card, for scientific simulations and such. It's false, Nvidia HAS promoted it, more than ever in fact.

I provided the first link that showed up searching for Kepler+compute or something like that, whatever I wrote in a 5 sec search. I don't care about what AMBER is, but just following the link you can see at first glance that it's CUDA, so obviously no AMD GPUs. It's irrelevant, professionals want solutions and in this case CUDA+Tesla is what they chose.

EDIT: Tech forums are very funny btw. Does anyone get upset when a car manufacturer uses a certain product from a certain brand? Like "OMFG they use Goodyear tyres instead of Michelin, they are sooo biased and bla bla." I've never heard such a thing, in the same context as people complain about Nvidia/AMD/Intel/... and it would be weird and stupid. but on computers you hear that everyday. Company A uses product of company B, end of story.

Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
EDIT: Tech forums are very funny btw. Does anyone get upset when a car manufacturer uses a certain product from a certain brand? Like "OMFG they use Goodyear tyres instead of Michelin, they are sooo biased and bla bla." I've never heard such a thing, in the same context as people complain about Nvidia/AMD/Intel/... and it would be weird and stupid. but on computers you hear that everyday. Company A uses product of company B, end of story.

Never go to a Mustang forum.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.

jtech

My toy is better than yours

I am amazed at how snarky and cynical the comments on this site have become. Half the time users dont even read the whole article before posting something that inevitably translates into, my genitals are bigger than yours. Once upon a time comments would provide real-world input on a topic. Now its teenyboppers drinking Mt.Dew posting during breaks on Skyrim or CoD. As a longtime engineer, Im growing tired of comments riddled with the misplaced aggression from kids that got beatup on the playground too much... but i digress.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I am amazed at how snarky and cynical the comments on this site have become. Half the time users dont even read the whole article before posting something that inevitably translates into, my genitals are bigger than yours. Once upon a time comments would provide real-world input on a topic. Now its teenyboppers drinking Mt.Dew posting during breaks on Skyrim or CoD. As a longtime engineer, Im growing tired of comments riddled with the misplaced aggression from kids that got beatup on the playground too much... but i digress.

Ah I guess you're new to the Internet. Welcome!