• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NEC MultiSync MD Series Refreshed with MD211C2 and MD211C3

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the MultiSync MD211C2 and MD211C3 medical-grade displays for diagnostic imaging in healthcare organizations. The MD211C2 and MD211C3 are on display at Radiological Society of North America's 2012 Expo (Booth No. 7520) today through November 29 at the McCormick Place in Chicago.

These 2- and 3-megapixel medical diagnostic displays are designed to meet the needs of healthcare facilities requiring consistent and accurate medical imaging using Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS). MultiSync MD Series models are factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance and include a new, smaller front sensor to maintain a calibrated brightness as well as an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the display's brightness based on existing lighting conditions. The all-digital connectors, including DisplayPort and a new two-port USB hub, enable advanced connectivity for any type of workstation.

"We're excited to showcase these new monitors at RSNA 2012 in workstations that will include dual medical imaging monitors accompanied by a professional-grade referral monitor," said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. "NEC's goal is to increase productivity for healthcare professionals and improve their overall total cost of ownership."

The MD211C2 and MD211C3 include:
  • 21.3-inch IPS panel with wide viewing angles
  • 2- and 3-megapixel resolutions, respectively
  • Factory calibrations to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
  • 1600 x 1200 and 2048 x 1536 native resolution, respectively
  • 900 and 800 cd/m² brightness, respectively (both are 400 cd/m² calibrated)
  • Digital uniformity correction reduces screen uniformity errors and compensates for differences in grayscale and luminance across the entire screen
  • 70 percent smaller front sensor constantly monitors calibration and corrects for fluctuations of light output and color, maintaining the factory calibration throughout the life of the monitor
  • GammaCompMD QA software for worry-free calibration and conformance testing to the DICOM standard
  • 14-bit internal lookup table (LUT) provides for more finely detailed, high-definition rendering of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings
  • DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs and USB hub (one up, two down)
  • 150mm height adjustability in landscape orientation (103mm in portrait), as well as pivot, tilt and swivel
  • Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
  • Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MD211C2 and MD211C3 are pending FDA 510(k) clearance, will be available in early 2013, and will include a 5-years parts and labor warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Apple retina what? those panels existed way before Apple bragged about retina, which is not even theirs. the price is also sweet...

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Apple retina what? those panels existed way before Apple bragged about retina, which is not even theirs. the price is also sweet...

But Apple made them widespread, and put them in tablets.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Unfortunately, the exciting resolution, 2038x1536 is greyscale only.

And whenever a company mentions "total cost of ownership" that mean... EXPENSIVE

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
But Apple made them widespread, and put them in tablets.

Something about this makes me hate the statement... I don't know if its just Apple or Tablets... Nothing against you Frick but iPads are the bane of my existence. Far too many people don't understand their application and then act/look like morons using them.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Something about this makes me hate the statement... I don't know if its just Apple or Tablets... Nothing against you Frick but iPads are the bane of my existence. Far too many people don't understand their application and then act/look like morons using them.

Yeah hate it all you want (nothing against you either), but in this regard (and others, for good and bad) Apple leads the way.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
Apple is also the main reason we see thunderbolt and saw firewire. Their interconnects are interesting standards. I can totally see their value, and I wish other engineering/product firms would push for ultra-high quality interconnects for peripherals.

When it comes to displays I know LCD/TFT has had a long way to go to even match the quality of high end CRT monitors. I don't see retina displays in the original article... why is it even being mentioned in this thread? The pixel pitch would have to be impressive given the size and resolution advertised. That is impressive in a gimmicky sort of way, although I don't see the usefulness of "retina" quality displays over the usefulness of high resolution displays in the medical field. They are both high resolution, but the point I'm making is that they are marketing the resolution and not the "retina"-ish aspect of the screen. They just need to view detailed scans of patients and not marvel at the crispness of the fonts on their screen.

Kudos to NEC for continuing to advance the market.