• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Analyst view: Sony de-throned, Nintendo crowned in console wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshmcmillan

System Name Commander
Processor Intel i3 540 3.06Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H55-UD3H
Cooling 4x 80mm Case Fans, Zalman ZM-MFC1 Fan Controller, Stock CPU Cooler
Memory 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz (2x 2GB) - Kingston
Video Card(s) HIS ATi Radeon HD3850 256mb DDR3
Storage 640GB Western Digital Caviar Black
Display(s) 22" BenQ FP22W LCD, 700:1, 5ms, 16:10
Case Don't know exactly, metal, built on LED's.
Audio Device(s) Integrated - Altec Lansing 5.1 Speakers (6.5" Sub)
Power Supply Antec True 550W, 24 AMP on 12v rail
Software Vista Home Premium 64bit - AVG - Spybot
I think a Wii is by far the best choice of the 3. Wii is cheap and fun. Although it doesn't have a lot of games right now, either does any other console that has just been released. Plus it has Zelda twilight princess which can hardly be called not having any good games. As for graphics although it doesn't have eye stunning graphics like the ps3 and 360, you don't really look at the screen and think how awful the graphics are, as well know one has seen what type of potential in terms of graphics the wii has because no games have fully exploited the wii's hardware. The wii is closest to being as good as a pc's controls because with the wiimote it's just like the mouse except you point rather then slide which gives an extra feel to shooting someone. And yes there is games they would be bad with the wiimote and in case you don't know you can attach a nun chuck to the mote which has an analog stick and then it's basically like using a normal controller except you have more freedom in how you hold it. I think basically all games on xbox and playstation you can get on computer, besides a minute few, and for everything els, there's wii.

Bob The Fish

System Name Neo2
Processor Intel Core i7 CPU 920
Motherboard ASUS X58 Sabertooth
Cooling Water cooled
Memory HyperX blu 8GB DDR3-1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4GB) x 3
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon HD 5850 1024m x2
Storage 1x 60g Corsair CSSD-F60GB2, 1 x 1000g WD Black 2x 500g SATA2, 1x 320g SATA2
Display(s) x3 HP 2210ms
Case Thermaltake Armor VA800BWS
Audio Device(s) PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series on Z-5000 Digtal speakers
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
It all comes down to the fact that Nintendo, with a $400 (cnd) console was able to out sell the PS3 and even the people who tried to make a $$$$ of the PS3 traded in there PS3's for Wii's when they could not sell it. The Computer Indstery has proved that not everyone can afford hi-end specs and there for they play on the low and the medium spectrium. At least Sony waited for Blueray to be rdy for there console so that people can use HDMI, someing the 360 does not have for its HD content. The Wii controler is new there for everyone thinks it will fail. The console market needed something new other then shinny colores and bright lights and Nintendo has done that. I own a Wii and i know from playing a 360 that my friends cant have anyware near as much fun playing on a controler VS the Wii-mote.

Sum it up:
Nintendo: aimed at makeing gameing fun for everyone, cleary they have done there job. Now they just have to keep doing what they have been doing for years and they will be fine.
Sony: went with Blueray and HD gameing hopeing for secess, shame it cost Us the consumer $800.
MS: Still does not have Halo for there Power PC in a smaller overheating Box, had more launch problems then Sony or Nintendo. They cant offer HDMI or HD-DVD in one package. There HDD on the top was a good idea and X-box live is one of the best online gameing systems to date.

ktr

It all comes down to the fact that Nintendo, with a $400 (cnd) console was able to out sell the PS3 and even the people who tried to make a $$$$ of the PS3 traded in there PS3's for Wii's when they could not sell it. The Computer Indstery has proved that not everyone can afford hi-end specs and there for they play on the low and the medium spectrium. At least Sony waited for Blueray to be rdy for there console so that people can use HDMI, someing the 360 does not have for its HD content. The Wii controler is new there for everyone thinks it will fail. The console market needed something new other then shinny colores and bright lights and Nintendo has done that. I own a Wii and i know from playing a 360 that my friends cant have anyware near as much fun playing on a controler VS the Wii-mote.

Sum it up:
Nintendo: aimed at makeing gameing fun for everyone, cleary they have done there job. Now they just have to keep doing what they have been doing for years and they will be fine.
Sony: went with Blueray and HD gameing hopeing for secess, shame it cost Us the consumer $800.
MS: Still does not have Halo for there Power PC in a smaller overheating Box, had more launch problems then Sony or Nintendo. They cant offer HDMI or HD-DVD in one package. There HDD on the top was a good idea and X-box live is one of the best online gameing systems to date.

there is a new 360 coming later this year, with a 65nm for cooler cpu, hdmi...and still no clue on the built-in hd-dvd player...in addition to 120gb hdd and IPTV...a rumor price of 650 (might include the hd-dvd). Also promising games. the 360 is the better console in the long run.

Benpi

Processor AMD X2 4400+
Memory 2G
Video Card(s) 7950 GX2
Storage 2x 74g 10000rpm Raid:0
Display(s) Dell 1920x1200 widescreen
Software 3dmark06 score: 7650
LoL, it's funny how people try to defend the PS3, who don't even own the thing.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
And then what do u use? The D-pad.. wich is the equivalent of the arrow keys.

Controllers are excellent for platformers because of their analog sticks.

I almost never touch the D-pad unless I am in menus or something like that. Digital control in a racing game is nothing but suck.

Nintendo: aimed at makeing gameing fun for everyone, cleary they have done there job.

I have to disagree with you. I got rid of my Wii because I was not having fun with it. Personally I can only have so much fun playing nothing but mini-games using the, in all honesty, poor controller. If Nintendo would have made the controller accurate and responsive it might have been different, but as it is right now the controller simply doesn't function the way I think it needs to. Zelda was the only reason a really got the console, and in the end I was left with a bad taste in my mouth from both the game(it really was as good as I expected from a Zelda game) and the console. To many of their games rely on minigames, which can only be fun for so long.

Last edited:

Joshmcmillan

System Name Commander
Zelda has 1 mini game, and if you think it's bad, you must be different from 99.5% of people which like it(not just a guess). The remote is very accurate, in my opinion. And just because 3 of the 20 or so games out SO FAR right near the start of the console are based on mini games doesn't mean all wii games are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob The Fish

System Name Neo2
Processor Intel Core i7 CPU 920
Motherboard ASUS X58 Sabertooth
Cooling Water cooled
Memory HyperX blu 8GB DDR3-1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4GB) x 3
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon HD 5850 1024m x2
Storage 1x 60g Corsair CSSD-F60GB2, 1 x 1000g WD Black 2x 500g SATA2, 1x 320g SATA2
Display(s) x3 HP 2210ms
Case Thermaltake Armor VA800BWS
Audio Device(s) PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series on Z-5000 Digtal speakers
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
I have to disagree with you. I got rid of my Wii because I was not having fun with it. Personally I can only have so much fun playing nothing but mini-games using the, in all honesty, poor controller. If Nintendo would have made the controller accurate and responsive it might have been different, but as it is right now the controller simply doesn't function the way I think it needs to. Zelda was the only reason a really got the console, and in the end I was left with a bad taste in my mouth from both the game(it really was as good as I expected from a Zelda game) and the console. To many of their games rely on minigames, which can only be fun for so long.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, my Mother who hates gameing was haveing a blast boaling, allong with her boyfriend. Seems to make games fun for everyone to me.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Zelda has 1 mini game, and if you think it's bad, you must be different from 99.5% of people which like it(not just a guess). The remote is very accurate, in my opinion. And just because 3 of the 20 or so games out SO FAR right near the start of the console are based on mini games doesn't mean all wii games are.

I thought Zelda was a disappointment(then again I haven't really liked any of the 3d zelda games). The controls were clunky, and the game was just not entertaining to me. Saddly the controller setup is designed with nothing but these kiddy mini-games in mind, when it is used in any other format it become clunky and down right frustrating to use. Racing games are almost impossible to play with the controllers, they work OK when you are on the track and doing well, but the instant you lose control the controller becomes almost useless to try and get yourself going the right way again(Excite Truck and NFS:C both suffer heavily from this problem). I'm not saying that all the game are mini-game based, just the popular ones and the ones that the gimmicky controller relies on. If you think the controller is accurate then go play a game of Wii golf, were you can do a backswing and the club on the screen just sits there doing nothing, then you bring the controller back down to start again the the ball goes flying.

Benpi

Processor AMD X2 4400+
Memory 2G
Video Card(s) 7950 GX2
Storage 2x 74g 10000rpm Raid:0
Display(s) Dell 1920x1200 widescreen
Software 3dmark06 score: 7650
I was the biggest fan of Zelda on the face of the earth. I beat the original Zelda when I was 3 years old. Since playing Ocarina of Time (best game ever at the time) I have been waiting 10 years for another Zelda like it. Finally Twilight Princess comes out, and the controls are totally gay. I expected the sword to follow my movements. How cool would that have been? I played that game for 2 hrs then quit

Joshmcmillan

System Name Commander
If you look on any game rating site, then your opinion is different from most people that played the game. Zelda: Ocarina of time is STILL rated the best game of all time and nintendo have done just as good a job on twilight princess.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Well I guess I should just start basing my opinions on what others tell me they whould be(by the way, Mario Brothers, not Ocarina of Time, is usually at the top of every rating list). And the game is not more accurate than Gamecube version with a controller. The Wii controller system is extremely clunky and innaccurate, fast movements of any kind cause it to freak out and usually means it won't register any movement at all, which is not good for any type of action game.

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
Wii2 FTW

I can't disagree with the controller points raised here... I think it's bound to happen on a budget controller introducing a new design and whole set of new features. And I can't disagree that some of the games are fun for a few minutes but then become tiresome. And I can't disagree that the graphics are limited (compared to PS2 or X360).

But compare some of the early PS1 or PS2 games at launch with the games released at the end of their development lifecycle. Once the developers knew how to do stuff... had more experience... and tried new concepts... the games just got better (well, not all).

I think that the games for Wii will improve a great deal over the next 9 months. The developers, having seen how succesful the Wii is, are going BONKERS trying to write games/entertainment for the device.

And I think that nintendo have achieved a real strategic win... which will encourage them to invest in software, and upscale the Wii2 design a little. Fix the bugs. Add a little horsepower. Launch sooner. Can't wait.

Joshmcmillan

System Name Commander
I'm not sure if it was a mistake but you said the graphic of wii aren't as good as ps2 or xbox 360, I think you meant to say ps3 because wii has better graphics then a ps2 and xbox 1 but not as good as ps2 and xbox 360.

prime95

Processor Athlon 64 x2 AM2 4200+ @ 2.6ghz
Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x 1GB Patriot 4-4-4-10 776mhz
Video Card(s) X1950XT 256MB Sapphire
Storage 250gb SATA 3gbs
Display(s) AG Neovo 19in Widescreen
Case Gigabyte Poseidon
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Power Supply Sparkle 550w
Software XP Professional SP2
Just in defense of Z:OOT - It was the first game to receive a perfect score by Famitsu, and has continued to recieve perfects cores by sites such as IGN....

Wii isn't really childish either, its just not black, advertised with flames and telekinetic babies. It doesnt do those things (neither do the consoles that are advertised like that), it just plays games. The people that claim Nintendo is all 'childish' are the ones who cant hold attention longer than goldfish and scream at their computer in CSS, then go play Halo 2 and sniper everyone with their skillzzzz just before asking for money to buy a ps3 cuz all their frendz got 1.

Joshmcmillan

System Name Commander
If you look on this site:
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y
which has an average of a lot of sites for game rankings, in the top 6 there is 1 game that isn't made for a nintendo console, number 1 is ocarina of time for nintendo 64, 2 is soul caliber for dreamcast, 3 is metroid prime for gamecube, 4 is resident evil for gamecube, 5 is goldeneye for nintendo 64, 6 is mario 64 for nintendo 64. If you look at the site in the next 4 there is 1 xbox, 1 pc, 1 ps1 and 1 ps2. So that makes the record for the top ten games of all time:

Nintendo- 5
Sony- 2
Xbox- 1
Dreamcase- 1
PC- 1

And for those who think twilight princess is a bad game, then your obviously not like most people because twilight princess came 16th.

ryboto

Processor Opteron 170 [2.8ghz@1.4v|1.25ghz@1.025v]
Motherboard Abit AT8 32x
Cooling HR-03, TR Ultra-120, 3xScythe S-Flex
Memory 2gb Crucial Ballistix PC4000
Video Card(s) Ati Radeon X1950 pro
Storage 150 GB WD Raptor/500GB WD
Display(s) Acer AL2032WA 20'' Widescreen LCD
Case Lian Li PC-A05b
Audio Device(s) On board Audio/Plantronics USB Headset
Power Supply Enermax NoiseTaker EG495AX-VE 485W
Software Windows XP SP2 bblean shell/Ubuntu
The Wii controller system is extremely clunky and innaccurate, fast movements of any kind cause it to freak out and usually means it won't register any movement at all, which is not good for any type of action game.

how fast are you moving the damn thing?? we were playing Sports, and it registered even the oddest of motions. I'll agree, that sometimes, if you're making very large range of motion moves, it might not register, but unless I whip the controller as fast as I can, it will register...how fast do you want it to respond?? if you were playing an fps, and it was that sensitive, the smallest motion could completely spin you around. I'm waiting for an FPS on this console that can show us exactly what we've been waiting for. Metroid's controls are supposedly just that.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Not that fast, like I said, even the simple movement of a quick backswing in Wii Golf causes the motion capture system to freak out and not register any movements. In racing games, you can turn the controller left to take a big turn, and suddenly the car is turning right. In Wii Tennis you can swing at a ball coming toward you and it won't register you swung at all. There was more than on occasion in Twilight Princess where I was swinging the Wiimote frantically fighting and it would only take every other swing, sometime I would have to swing 3 or 4 times just to get Link to swing once in the game. Perhaps I am just quicker than your average 5 year old, and the system just simply wasn't made to register such quick movements, but those quick movements are required for action games like Zelda, so it is a huge flaw.

And for those who think twilight princess is a bad game, then your obviously not like most people because twilight princess came 16th.

Well I have a few problems with Gamerankings.com. The first on is that they only rate games from 2000 or newer. So none of the classics are even considered. Secondly, Twilight Princess came in 16th, but Wind Waker came in 19th, and that is arguably the worst Zelda game there ever was(with the exception of Zelda 2), Zelda fans still argue about how bad Wind Waker was. So the fact that Twilight Princess came in only 3 spots ahead of (arguably) the worse Zelda game ever isn't helping your argument that most people liked it. I will agree that the majority of people that played it probably like it, but I didn't, and I was rather disappointed that I bought a system for the game and it wasn't that good. However, I would not agree that most or a large majority found it as good as they hoped, or even half as good as they hoped. I think it is more split like Wind Waker, my guess would be about 60% liked it, while 40% didn't, while Wind Waker is more like 50/50.

AshenSugar

Processor Athlon64 3500+(2.2gz)@2.94gz(3.03gz)
Motherboard Biostar Tforce550 (RMA) (m2n-sli delux)
Cooling PIB cooler
Memory 2gb ocz 533 +1gb samsung 533 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) x1900xtx 512mb+zalman vf900 cooler(kicks stock coolers arse)
Storage 80gb,200gb,250gb,160gb
Display(s) 20.1 in dell 2001fp + KDS visual sensations 19"
Case Codegen briza seirse
Audio Device(s) ADI SoundMax HD audio onboard,using Ket's driver pack
Power Supply FSP 400watt SAGA seirse w/noise killer
Software Windows 2003 ent server as workstation(kills xp in perf and stab)
computer :nutkick: consol

more usefull
by the time you need a bd/hd-dvd drive they will be cheap(same as with dvd)
better overall games, im not saying some consol games arent fun, but the only kind of games on consol i like are fight games and coop shooters(halo coop is fun)

PC:
RTS
RPG
FPS
MMORPG
ACTION
TFPS(tactical fps)
MECH
sidescroll (yeah is an older format but still fun :) )
building(games like the tycoon seirse)
sim games(sim city class of games)
race games (with gamepad or joystick, but best with wheel)
flight sims(same as above)

consol:
spots games(eww)
fight games(better 1:1 with xbx style gamepad)
race games(best with wheel on a pc tho)
cheesy kid games.

also my pc can do somethings the consols cant,

surf the net and post on forums, print or safe stuff i find
do work such as typing up reports/papers
play music
play any format of movie/video i could wish to watch.
downloadable game and program content, free and pay.

and the biggist one, ITS FULLY UPGRADEABLE!!!!! i can slap new parts in anytime i like/can afford to improve it in many ways :)

Wii is made for kids as was the gamecube, nintendo has alwase been about KIDS FIRST, thats just how they are, sega use to be more adult/older kid orented, but since they commited suicide by not giving the dreamcast dvd playback its been left to sony and ms to take over the older player market, neither has done a perfect job but i would take an xbx over anything sony makes just because i know its gonna get better support from the maker.

ms sees something on the horizion that many of you arent seeing, a day when consol games and pc games will be out at the same time and in numbers, i dont like vista but dx10 is a move to allow EASY ports from pc to consol or consol to pc, smart move ms, tho honestly a few game engines already allow this, check out torque game engine ;)

i personaly would rather buy/upgrade a pc then buy a consol, it can do ALOT more then just play some cheesy games :)

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
I like RPGs on consoles personally and sports games. I think the Wii will continue to do well. I just hope they get more software support for it, and not just from Nintendo. Brother and I were at Gamestop and checking out Sonic for the DS, Wii and Xbox360. That game looks beautiful and fun on all three consoles. I played the Wii and I like it, but its a gimmick. Good thing is, you can buy an SNES style control pad for the Wii, when you get bored with the Wiimote and Nunchuku.

On a different note, Id like to see Fire Emblem come to the Wii with a few games. I dont know about you all, but I love that game.

Joshmcmillan

System Name Commander
Something I have noticed, and probebly is the reason people are complaining about the remote not recognising movement is that you have to have the wiimote in 1 angle in the game. Like in tennis you couldn't hold the wiimote upside down or it wouldn't register the movement, but in golf it allows you to hold it on it's side. You are COMPLETELY wrong if you think that gamerankings only rates games from 2000 and newer when just in the top ten there is zelda ocarina of time which was 1996, mario 64 which was from around 1995 to 96(I think) but only like 2 or 3 games on 64 games out after 2000and gamerankings has a lot of games from the console. Also they have games from playstation 1 which also came out before 2000. And with wind waker many people thought it was a good game it just doesn't compare to the previous two zelda titles on the 64. And also your figures that half people don't like wind waker and 40% don't like twilight princess, that is definitely wrong. IF you go onto a console gaming site like ign.com and look at the forums there 95% of people would LOVE twilight princess. Most people here wouln't have played it, being a computer site.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
You are COMPLETELY wrong if you think that gamerankings only rates games from 2000 and newer when just in the top ten there is zelda ocarina of time which was 1996, mario 64 which was from around 1995 to 96(I think) but only like 2 or 3 games on 64 games out after 2000and gamerankings has a lot of games from the console. Also they have games from playstation 1 which also came out before 2000. And with wind waker many people thought it was a good game it just doesn't compare to the previous two zelda titles on the 64.

Sorry I should have said that they don't rate any classic games, and not put an actual date. There are some pre-2000 games on the list, however I don't see a single NES or SNES game. Which is my point, you can't have a valid all time game ranking site and exlude two of the most popular consoles ever, and you certainly can't use that site to claim anything about how popular games are.

And also your figures that half people don't like wind waker and 40% don't like twilight princess, that is definitely wrong. IF you go onto a console gaming site like ign.com and look at the forums there 95% of people would LOVE twilight princess. Most people here wouln't have played it, being a computer site.

No, I don't think they are wrong, I think they are pretty accurate, not exact, but as good as any other guess. And just because this is a computer site doesn't mean we haven't played games. Computer geek and Video games tend to go along together very well.

ryboto

Processor Opteron 170 [2.8ghz@1.4v|1.25ghz@1.025v]
Motherboard Abit AT8 32x
Cooling HR-03, TR Ultra-120, 3xScythe S-Flex
Memory 2gb Crucial Ballistix PC4000
Video Card(s) Ati Radeon X1950 pro
Storage 150 GB WD Raptor/500GB WD
Display(s) Acer AL2032WA 20'' Widescreen LCD
Case Lian Li PC-A05b
Audio Device(s) On board Audio/Plantronics USB Headset
Power Supply Enermax NoiseTaker EG495AX-VE 485W
Software Windows XP SP2 bblean shell/Ubuntu
Not that fast, like I said, even the simple movement of a quick backswing in Wii Golf causes the motion capture system to freak out and not register any movements. In racing games, you can turn the controller left to take a big turn, and suddenly the car is turning right. In Wii Tennis you can swing at a ball coming toward you and it won't register you swung at all. There was more than on occasion in Twilight Princess where I was swinging the Wiimote frantically fighting and it would only take every other swing, sometime I would have to swing 3 or 4 times just to get Link to swing once in the game. Perhaps I am just quicker than your average 5 year old, and the system just simply wasn't made to register such quick movements, but those quick movements are required for action games like Zelda, so it is a huge flaw.

I guess you got a semi-defective unit, my cousins registers everything...he can basically make the game do whatever he wants. If the quick movements are required, and the games can't read them, then the system is flawed, however, it makes more sense that you're not using it correctly. I never had an issue with the controller in Twilight princess, the sword only swings so fast, you swinging back and forth franticly wouldn't really get much out of Link. Guess you just got a bad unit?

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
JoshMcmillian: Quit saying Newtekie1 is wrong all the time, unless you have links to legitimate sources to back up your claims. Otherwise, I'm going to start giving you infractions for insulting him. You've been reported once already....why do you think there's a "last edited by ME" signature under some of your posts?

AshenSugar

Processor Athlon64 3500+(2.2gz)@2.94gz(3.03gz)
Motherboard Biostar Tforce550 (RMA) (m2n-sli delux)
Cooling PIB cooler
Memory 2gb ocz 533 +1gb samsung 533 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) x1900xtx 512mb+zalman vf900 cooler(kicks stock coolers arse)
Storage 80gb,200gb,250gb,160gb
Display(s) 20.1 in dell 2001fp + KDS visual sensations 19"
Case Codegen briza seirse
Audio Device(s) ADI SoundMax HD audio onboard,using Ket's driver pack
Power Supply FSP 400watt SAGA seirse w/noise killer
Software Windows 2003 ent server as workstation(kills xp in perf and stab)
wii controlers are the way they are because so many stupid people move the controls thinking its gonna help move whats on the screen, so nintendo figuared "why not use it" lol

i remmber playing mario brothers games against my aunt she moved her arns so much it was funny, guess she thought moving the contorler up would make mario jump higher, or farther so he wouldnt fall and die :p

again a time when things are changed to take advantege of the weak minded :p

and zek, i agree, i think somebodys stalking somebody....not good......asking for an infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.