• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CeBIT: SiS Presents Full Line of Windows Vista Ready Chipsets

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
SiS, announced today that it will unveil the most advanced chipsets supporting Windows Vista at CeBIT 2007. The SiS672FX series, SiS671FX series, and SiS771 series chipsets are SiS special innovations. They are designed for optimum compatibility with Windows Vista, and support mobile PCs and desktop PCs platforms. For Intel platform, SiS presents SiS672FX, SiS672, SiSM672MX, SiS671FX, SiS671, SiS671DX, and SiSM671MX chipsets; for AMD platform, SiS unveils the SiS771 chipset.

Visitors can personally experience the impressive and excellent performance of systems provided by SiS chipsets at the world's largest IT trade fair. With SiS high-end Mirage 3+ graphics engine, high quality digital entertainment experiences can be explored thoroughly. Customers will be able to enjoy TV shows, movies, photos, games, and more on either Intel or AMD platforms.

In order to present the high performance systems that adopt the latest SiS Windows Vista ready chipsets, this year, SiS set up a flagship section to live demo its star products. Furthermore, NB live-demo section and static motherboard section will also be highlighted in this exhibition.

In the live-demo section, the SiS672FX/SiS968, SiS672/SiS968, and SiSM672MX/SiS968 chipsets for Intel platforms will be on display; also, the SiS771/SiS968 chipsets for AMD platform will be presented. All of the platforms will be running Windows Vista. With SiS Mirage 3+ graphics engine, the SiS672FX, SiS672, SiSM672MX, and SiS771 chipsets support DirectX9. Also, the Mirage 3+ graphics engine is integrated with Pixel Shader 2.0, Texture Pipelines, Texture Filtering and Cubic Mapping Technologies to enhance the performance of the 2D and 3D graphics. Combining with the equipped media player and SiS Real Video technology, the video quality can be performed perfectly whenever you are watching TV shows, VCD, DVD, or pictures. In addition, SiS chipsets enhance the security and reliability of the systems when users are surfing the internet, emailing, using instant messenger, and editing documents using Windows Vista.

In the Mobile platform live-demo section, SiS also focuses on customers' NB PCs which adopt SiS' latest Windows Vista ready chipsets. The SiS671DX/SiS968 chipsets are adopted by in Asus F5V; the SiSM671MX/SiS968 chipsets are adopted by Clevo M720S.

In static motherboard section, SiS showcased full range of motherboards aiming to fulfill different customers' requirements. On display are SiS672FX-based motherboards from Asrock, ECS, Foxconn, Gigabyte, MSI, and USI. There is one SiS672-based motherboard from Asus, and the SiS671FX-based motherboards from Asus, ECS, Foxconn, Gigabyte, MSI, PC Partner, PCchips, and USI, will also be displayed. The SiS671-based motherboards from Axper and MSI and the SiS671DX-based motherboard from Gigabyte will be presented in static MB display section. All of the above-mentioned motherboards are compatible with Windows Vista which enable a more efficient search engine for more secure web surfing, better graphics performance, and higher integrated media functions.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
All I Got from this post was a bunch of filler and a new chipset from SiS ::jk:: Seems like intel is now the king of procs. Look how many chipsets SiS made for Intel. One note..is SiS Chipsets any good? Ive had VIA (didnt like it) and nForce..but not SiS.

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
All I Got from this post was a bunch of filler and a new chipset from SiS ::jk:: Seems like intel is now the king of procs. Look how many chipsets SiS made for Intel. One note..is SiS Chipsets any good? Ive had VIA (didnt like it) and nForce..but not SiS.
SiS is in the same boat as VIA.
I think VIA actually get better technology.:respect:

S.I.S stands for stupid inferior sh*t, I believe:laugh:
No one even bothers to bench them, at least VIA shows up[ in last place] once in a while. They are always the cheapest mobos/ graphics cards out and mostly come out with chipsets later then everyone else. I've owned both VIA,SIS and I will never ever own SIS again.