• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lenovo Introduces the Miix2 8-inch Bay Trail-Powered Tablet

Lenovo today announced the Lenovo Miix2 8-inch tablet, a Windows 8.1 multi-mode device that packs an Intel quad-core processor and IPS wide-angle, high-definition display into a small tablet form factor. Paired with an optional stylus and detachable cover, the Lenovo Miix2 8-inch joins its popular predecessor, the Lenovo Miix.

Measuring only 8.35 mm thick and weighing a mere 350 mg, the Lenovo Miix2 8-inch tablet delivers a 16:10 widescreen experience that deftly balances visual experience with portability. The 10-point multi-touch WXGA display delivers an 800 x 1280 resolution and its impressive 178-degree viewing angle means no one is left out of the fun. Equipped with two webcams, one in front (2MP) and one in back (5MP), the tablet is designed for effortless video chatting and photo sharing. Pre-loaded with Windows 8.1, the Lenovo Miix2 8-inch brings all the enhancements of Microsoft's latest operating system, including enhanced searching and sharing; improved Web-surfing with the new IE 11, touch optimization and the return of the popular "Start" button.

Underneath the hood, Lenovo Miix2 8-inch packs a powerful punch with an Intel Bay Trail-T Quad Core processor, based on Intel Atom S architecture and integrated Intel HD Graphics (Gen7) with Clear Video HD technology for smooth video performance. This combination of speed and responsiveness separates the 8-inch tablet from the tablet pack, while making the most of the Windows 8.1 OS. With up to 128 GB of eMMC onboard storage (expandable up to 32 GB with micro-SD slot) for videos, music and photos, the Miix2 is standout tablet designed for users "on the go."

The Lenovo Miix2 8" also encourages productivity outside the office. The device comes pre-installed with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013, allowing users to easily view, edit and manage their documents right out of the box. The tablet also offers the option of a stylus and detachable cover. The cover protects the screen when not in use and doubles as a stand for viewing content on the device. The stylus is a perfect companion for drawing, sketching or taking notes and further enhances productivity.

"Many users want the convenience of a smaller screen tablet, but do not want to lose the performance and convenience of a powerful, quad core Windows 8.1 device. With the Lenovo Miix2 8-inch, users can take advantage of a small, light form factor without sacrificing performance," said Bai Peng, vice president and general manager, notebook business unit, Lenovo Business Group. "The Lenovo Miix2 8-inch is a great example of how thoughtful design can deliver the best of both worlds."

The Miix2 8-inch will be available later this month beginning at approximately $299.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
looks really nice. 8 inch, bay trail cpu, and 128 GB of storage standard, for $300? that sounds like a steam. they even managed to get a 16:10 resolution. there has to be a caveat somewhere...

I found your problem right off the bat, lol. It says up to 128gb of storage meaning the base model will probably be at $299 and you will have to pay the premium for more storage. It's like this with everything, but even still the specs are pretty decent for the price even if the storage comes out being a lot less. We got micro sd slots for a reason. :cool:

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
I found your problem right off the bat, lol. It says up to 128gb of storage meaning the base model will probably be at $299 and you will have to pay the premium for more storage. It's like this with everything, but even still the specs are pretty decent for the price even if the storage comes out being a lot less. We got micro sd slots for a reason. :cool:

well....ok, i missed the up to part. and here i thought that a manufacturer had finally come to their senses.
at least micro sd cards are cheap.

well....ok, i missed the up to part. and here i thought that a manufacturer had finally come to their senses.
at least micro sd cards are cheap.

I don't think they could sell it with a 128gb for 300 and make a profit? Although I generally think these Win 8 devices should come with 64gb as standard, considering the size of the OS. Still, I'm quite excited to see reviews of this, the Venue 8 pro, and Acer W4.

I actually completely agree on at least 64gb for the base models involving windows 8 tablets. There is just so little space left over from the os itself. We got some nice full windows 8 tablets coming into the market none the less. :cool: