• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Plastic fan connection guide missing from graphics card board

pseudo67

Hello,

I recently purchased a used graphics card on ebay. I tried to attach a new fan to the card and noticed that the usual plastic fan guide was missing and I only had 2 metal prongs sticking up to attach the fan connector to. I was able to get the fan attached to the 2 prongs (sliding down onto prongs) but the fan would not work.

I checked out other computer's graphics card and this had the standard plastic guide on the board. I'm going out on a limb but I have to assume that the individual that I bought the card from could not get the fan disconnected and so, pulled off the guide with the fan's connector.

Is there anywhere online that I can buy a new plastic fan guide to attach to the two metal prongs sticking out from my graphics card to allow me to attach a new fan? I thought these plastic guides were glued onto the graphics card's but I guess I was wrong about the glue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure that sometimes these plastic guides break or crack from heat and need to be replaced. Must be somewhere to buy them online? I'm hoping. Thank you

pseudo67

BUCK NASTY

4P Enthusiust
System Name Main Rig
Processor AMD FX-4130 @ 4.8Ghz
Motherboard ASUS M5A99X Evo
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB GSkill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Strix @ 1503Mhz Core
Storage Corsair Force 90gb SSD/ WD Caviar Blue 750gb
Display(s) ASUS 24" IPS
Case Coolermaster Centurion 590
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec TP750 80+
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Try rotating the connector 180 degrees. Since the base connector is not there, you may have the DC polarity reversed.

:toast:

pseudo67

Hello,

I tried the 180 degree...unfortunately this did not work. I thought that I might have had the wrong orientation when I attached the fan connector the first time and it did not work.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
umm btw does the fan works?
maybe the cable and connector its right but the fan could weak so it doesnt spin