• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZALMAN Upgrades Distinct Design with Reserator 3 MAX Dual Liquid CPU Cooler

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ZALMAN a leading manufacturer of high performance silent oriented computer hardware components and peripherals, today announced the Reserator 3 MAX Dual liquid CPU cooler. Improving upon the Reserator 3 MAX released last year, the Reserator 3 MAX Dual bolsters performance drastically by utilizing a large 240mm Radiator compared to the smaller 120mm radiator size of its smaller brother. The Reserator 3 MAX Dual features the classic ZALMAN Omega heatsink structure, reborn and updated in its current form for the most effective radiator use in closed loop liquid cooling solutions. Enhanced with 240mm radiator capacity, the Reserator 3 MAX Dual will feature unparalleled performance with whisper quiet acoustics.

Continuing the trend with Nanofluids
Coolant applied with nanofluids improves thermal conductivity by mixing in nanoparticles with fluids, dramatically increasing the amount of heat that is effectively carried from the water block to the radiator. This exciting new technology which was pioneered by the Reserator 3 MAX will also be utilized in the Reserator 3 MAX Dual.

Optimized Quad Radial Radiator Design
Reserator 3 MAX Dual features a slim fin pure copper radiator for increased performance; the copper is then plated with black-pearl Nickel for increased corrosion resistance and sleek aesthetics. Quad radial radiators are actually four radiators fit into the space of two, manufactured using extra slim fins for increased surface area that translates into incredible heat dissipation. Liquid flows through the radiator using four copper pipes following a highly efficient Octa cooling path system that is eight times more powerful than traditional two pipe cooling design.

Micro-Fin Copper Base and High Performance Water Pump
Built in low noise, high performance pump within low profile water block for maximum liquid circulation and efficient thermal transfer. Pump capacity to move 90 liters of coolant per hour of operation. Water block CPU contact area made of pure copper and applied with micro fins for maximum heat transfer, ZALMAN ZM-STG2M high performance thermal grease is included to compliment Reserator 3 MAX Dual performance and maximize thermal conductivity between CPU and water block. Blue LED on water block and radiator fan brings a sleek look and feel to chassis interior. Maximum performance radiator fan eliminates radiator dead zones increasing the rate heat is expelled, induction of airflow inside chassis gives extra cooling efficiency to motherboard and VRM. Additional 120mm fans can be mounted for push-pull configuration.

To learn more about ZALMAN Reserator 3 MAX Liquid CPU Cooler, please visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

dados8756

meh... in indonesian, zalman product its total trash and have bad aftersales, my friend had problem after buying watercooling from zalman, it wont work correctly... and guess what, ITS NOT HAVE GUARANTE ,n my friend not desperate he tried emailing zalman from indonesian to korea, 30++ email had sent n no answer from zalman, after 3 week they reply the email, n guess what? zalman recomended claim guarante to uk or us (sorry i forgot) WTF. when my friend email the problem to uk/us they recomended claim back to korean hahahaha.... its better for them playing pingpong than make cooling company lol..

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
meh... in indonesian, zalman product its total trash and have bad aftersales, my friend had problem after buying watercooling from zalman, it wont work correctly... and guess what, ITS NOT HAVE GUARANTE ,n my friend not desperate he tried emailing zalman from indonesian to korea, 30++ email had sent n no answer from zalman, after 3 week they reply the email, n guess what? zalman recomended claim guarante to uk or us (sorry i forgot) WTF. when my friend email the problem to uk/us they recomended claim back to korean hahahaha.... its better for them playing pingpong than make cooling company lol..
yea, many seller just has passion to sell and dont give a damn bout their service. zalman is old player for cooling and its interesting to see how far they can go with this one

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim

wow that sucks. I've had great experiences with Zalman products - especially coolers and psus :) I remember I emailed them with the question about if one of their coolers ( I think I asked about the cnps-8700) would fit with a certain motherboard, case and ram configuration. I got a detailed response in less than a week which I consider to be pretty good for just a general enquiry. The response also included other recommendations such as different motherboards/ram/cases etc to think about too which was pretty cool.

System Name Unreal Machine IV
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asrock 570X Taichi
Cooling Noctua U9S
Memory Team UD4-4000 @4000 CL18 1:1
Video Card(s) 5600XT Red Devil
Storage Kingston SSD 240GB + WD RED 4TB + WD Blue SN 550 Nvme 1TB X3
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Case Old school Termalthake xaser III black with lots of noctua 80mm fans
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion + Creative Inspire t7900 7.1 + Sony MDR-1A + AKG K-240
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech G502 hero SE
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 Multi ~15k 4.4Ghz all core Cinebench R23 single 1.5k 4.65Ghz
I'm a big fan of zalman design, i owned a cpns 7000cu which was great for my p4 back then and currently own a cpns 9500 for some years now, i also have a psu and everything runs silently...

I have been trying to get a replacement mounting kit for the lq315 and finally emailed the uk support today as I have never gotten any response for the North America support team. I would be cautious of anything from zalman, especially new tech.

Does anyone have a guess of how long it takes these 'nanofluids' to erode through the components?

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI x670e Tomahawk wifi
Cooling Artic Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill 32gb ddr5 6000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD 7900XTX 24 GB
Storage Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
Display(s) Alienware 3420DW 120 Freesync
Case LianLi Lancool III white non-rgb
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC
Power Supply Corsair Shift 1000W
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Benchmark Scores The second best!
Does anyone have a guess of how long it takes these 'nanofluids' to erode through the components?

zalman's "nanofluids" = silver colored water

As others have stated above, Zalman's quality has dropped the last few years. But their marketing and unique product looks are still above average.