• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Behaviour Interactive MMO to Utilize Razer's VOIP Software Comms

Behaviour Interactive and Razer, the world leader in entertainment devices and software, today announced a partnership for the upcoming MMO title Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade. Razer will be providing Razer Comms, its VOIP and Chat software, to Behaviour Interactive for integrated use in the game.

Razer Comms will be providing voice, chat and friend management in-game for Eternal Crusade, allowing players to seamlessly talk and type to one another.

"We are excited to work with Behaviour Interactive to give a dedicated community of fans a truly social gaming experience," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "Razer Comms is one of the fastest growing chat clients in the world. We're pumped to bring the Warhammer fans our world-class communications platform."

Behaviour Interactive is the first game developer to take advantage of the new SDK for Razer Comms. Available now for Windows and Android devices with an upcoming iOS app in the works, Razer Comms is able to connect gamers and their community from phones, tablets and other mobile devices, even when outside a game. Razer's SDK is free, easy to integrate, customizable and provides access to the millions of gamers on Razer's database, making it an ideal VOIP platform solution for game developers.

"At Behaviour Interactive, we want to always bring developers, fans, and even partners into the forefront of the game and its design," says the company's Studio Head Miguel Caron. "Razer Comms' fully integrated yet customizable platform was the perfect fit to suit the chat needs of our players and our devs when testing the game. We're excited to work with one of the biggest names in gaming to seamlessly connect gamers all over the world."

For more information about Razer Comms, visit www.razerzone.com/comms.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M
Cooling Ice Hammer IH-4***
Memory 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair
Video Card(s) Asus HD7870 2GB
Storage 500GB SATAII Samsung | 500GB SATAII Seagate
Display(s) 23" LG 23EA63V-P
Case Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
Audio Device(s) VIA VT1708S
Power Supply Corsair TX650W
Software Windows 10 x64
It's smart of them to integrate voice chat into the game. Voice chat is a crucial component of MMO's and having a quality, intuitive voice chat system built right into the game is a much better solution for players than using external clients such as Mumble, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or *shudders* Skype. I'd bet that using the Razer Comms SDK to integrate it and paying licensing fees is far more cost effective from a development standpoint than building it in-house and having to host and support it themselves.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
It's smart of them to integrate voice chat into the game. Voice chat is a crucial component of MMO's and having a quality, intuitive voice chat system built right into the game is a much better solution for players than using external clients such as Mumble, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or *shudders* Skype. I'd bet that using the Razer Comms SDK to integrate it and paying licensing fees is far more cost effective from a development standpoint than building it in-house and having to host and support it themselves.

It's a good move. ESO tried to get away with not having any form of voice communication because players that regularly group together are going to use their own Vent or TS server. However that leaves out PUGs, especially quick-to-form PvP groups where it's sometimes a hassle to pass out server info and wait on everyone to get on board.

I can't comment on the decision to use Razer Comms as I've never used it.

i dont like razor coms its buggyer than skype well that was like 6 months ago

i dont like razor coms its buggyer than skype well that was like 6 months ago
I haven't tried out Razer Comms yet but it's got to be an absolute nightmare if it's worse than Skype. Skype has terrible latency and voice quality compared to other options. I'm really not sure why it's nearly as popular for gaming as it seems to be. Convenience, I suppose?

System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
I haven't tried out Razer Comms yet but it's got to be an absolute nightmare if it's worse than Skype. Skype has terrible latency and voice quality compared to other options. I'm really not sure why it's nearly as popular for gaming as it seems to be. Convenience, I suppose?

Because it's easy to use compared to the others, especially compared to mumble, wich can be infernal with all the permissions and certificates. Also you need to rent or look for a good free server to use a trilo, ts or mumble. Skype is just create an account, add friends and you are ready.