• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Unveils New ECO Series Motherboards

MSI, world leader in motherboard technology, is proud to announce its groundbreaking new Intel based ECO Series motherboards. MSI ECO Series motherboards are the pinnacle of technical ingenuity through revolutionary PCB and software design, resulting in less use of power than a light bulb! Introducing 3 new models with the MSI H97M ECO, B85M ECO and H81M ECO motherboard.

The new MSI ECO Series motherboards offer an unmatched efficiency with power saving up top 40% while delivering 100% performance and 100% compatibility with all 4th generation Intel CPUs and high speed DDR3 memory. With reliable and fast Gigabit LAN from Intel, SATA 6Gb/s and USB 3.0 providing fast storage options and much more, the MSI ECO Series motherboards offer a wide selection of features.

Guard-Pro and Military Class 4 provide all the stability you need through carefully selected and thoroughly tested components and materials. MSI's new ECO Series motherboards for Intel 4th Generation core processors delivers an unprecedented efficient, top performing, feature packed experience no matter which model you choose. MSI ECO Series is the perfect solution for data centers and system integrators.

40% power saving
MSI ECO Series motherboards are the next step in power saving, reaching up to 40%. ECO Tech Design is a groundbreaking hardware design for ECO Series to use less power than a light bulb! All this is made possible thanks to a revolutionary all new power saving PCB design. Included in the new PCB design is hardware based control to cut off all power to features on the motherboard such as USB and SATA ports while other solutions only disable them but still feed power to them. The hardware control of onboard features also allows control of standby power.

100% performance
ECO Series revolutionary PCB design preserves optimal performance while saving power. Where other power saving options highly impact performance because of undervolting and lowering clock speeds, MSI ECO Series motherboards are capable of delivering 100% performance while operating in any power saving mode.

100% compatibility
No need to worry about compatibility. While others exclude support for high TDP processors to save power, MSI ECO Series motherboards support all Intel 4th generation Core, Pentium and Celeron processors. Because of its power saving nature MSI ECO Series motherboards are optimized for Intel S & T series power efficient processors. High speed DDR3 memory is also supported in both single and dual channel mode.

ECO Center Pro
ECO Center Pro is a revolutionary application which allows turning off the power completely for casefans, LEDs, PCI slots, LAN ports and audio/video ports, highly reducing power usage. For more convenience in power saving ECO Center Pro offers 3 pre-configured fully customizable power saving modes through ECO mode, Lounge mode and Server mode. Turning on all power saving options will add up to 40% of power saving using ECO Center Pro. For all MSI non-ECO Series motherboards MSI offers ECO Power, saving up to 29% of power.

ECO Button
Efficiency at your control. MSI ECO Series motherboards feature an ECO button onboard and in the BIOS. Pressing the button will load the default ECO mode and starts saving power immediately while keeping the most common functions enabled.

Reliable and fast Ethernet with Intel Gigabit LAN
Always connected with Intel Gigabit LAN networking. MSI ECO Series motherboards feature Intel Gigabit LAN, optimized to deliver a stable and fast network connection at low CPU usage.

Stable and highly efficient with Military Class 4 and Guard-Pro
MSI Guard-Pro is the next optimization in motherboard stability with advanced levels of protection and reduced power consumption characteristics. With specially designed circuit protection, the MSI motherboard protects the CPU against overheating and USB devices from short circuiting. ESD protection and EMI protection all reduce interference and disruptions of surface by increasing the protection of on-board components. Humidity and high temperature protection bring the level of PCB quality up to the Military Class 4 standard where Dark Caps, SFC and Dark chokes provide higher energy efficiency and thanks to its certification also much better stability in extreme circumstances.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Oh my. They appear to be green. Is that a profitable decision? Did they employ some hack researcher to do focus groups on whether people think green PCI slots make people imagine PC's are "green"?

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Oh my. They appear to be green. Is that a profitable decision? Did they employ some hack researcher to do focus groups on whether people think green PCI slots make people imagine PC's are "green"?

... and not just any shade of green, it has to be the color of the youngest leaf in early spring ... so people can believe that these PCI-e slots produce oxygen

System Name Black Knight | White Queen
Processor Intel Core i9-10940X | Intel Core i7-5775C
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore X299G | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S (White)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | Xigmatek Dark Knight SD-1283 Night Hawk (White)
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 | Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB DDR3L 1600MHz CL9 (White)
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC | KFA2/Galax GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hall of Fame Edition
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB, 850 Pro 256GB, 840 Pro 256GB, WD 10TB+ (incl. VelociRaptors)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW2721D 240Hz, ASUS ROG Strix XG279Q 170Hz, ASUS PA246Q 60Hz| Samsung JU7500 48'' TV
Case Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW (Black) | NZXT ??? w/ ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX | Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 1250W 85+ | Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W (White)
Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate, Razer Naga Trinity | Razer Mamba 16000
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 (Orange switch) | Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
F*ck. With the white PCB looked better.

dados8756

green its mean lack of power :p , but i think it will pair good with pentium series :D

System Name Home Brewed
Processor i9-7900X and i7-8700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme & ASUS Prime Z-370 A
Cooling Corsair 280mm AIO & Thermaltake Water 3.0
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000 GSKill RipJaws-V & 32GB DDR4-3466 GEIL Potenza
Video Card(s) 2X-GTX-1080 SLI & 2 GTX-1070Ti 8GB G1 Gaming in SLI
Storage Both have 2TB HDDs for storage, 480GB SSDs for OS, and 240GB SSDs for Steam Games
Display(s) ACER 28" B286HK 4K & Samsung 32" 1080P
Case NZXT Source 540 & Rosewill Rise Chassis
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000 & Corsair RM850
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Tournament & Corsair K90
Software Win-10 Professional
Benchmark Scores yes
MSI also released a 970 Gaming Series motherboard for my FX-8350.

It has Audio Boost 2, Killer LAN, Military Class 4 components and OC Genie 4. There are also two PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots, six SATA 6Gbps ports and 4 USB 3

Not green, but very interesting,.............