• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iBUYPOWER and ASUS Bring Optiboost to ASUS Desktops

iBUYPOWER and ASUS today announced a partnership that will offer ASUS' market-leading technology and design with iBUYPOWER's highly rated customization program - Optiboost. With Optiboost there is no shortage of ways to make the desktop experience truly your own. In addition, with ASUS' renowned product design and reliability you can feel safe whether you need a personalized desktop focused on enjoying the latest in digital content delivery, improving productivity or just wanting to play the latest games.

"We're proud to add ASUS to the Optiboost family" said Darren Su, Vice President of iBUYPOWER. "ASUS and iBUYPOWER aim to bring the best desktop experience to a wide variety of consumers through trusted product engineering, cutting-edge customization and tuning options."

"ASUS believes in bringing the latest product design backed by leading desktop reliability to customers. With Optiboost by iBUYPOWER, users will easily be able to customize their own systems while taking advantage of ASUS' latest desktop technology," says David Wung, Sr Director of Product Management of Open Platform Business (OPBG) Group for ASUS Computer International.

iBUYPOWER is adding several high-performance options from ASUS to the Optiboost program. Users will have a wide range of ASUS desktops to choose from that includes the standards setting M11 to the brutally fast G10 gaming desktop and then customize to their heart's content with choices that are virtually endless.

ASUS desktops configured by iBUYPOWER Optiboost are available immediately.

For more information on iBUYPOWER's Optiboost program with ASUS, please visit:
www.ibuypower.com/Product/ASUS

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Eficent

I must be getting dull in my old age. But I can't quite figure out what optiboost actually is. It sounds cool, but even going to the website doesn't tell me what it is. Added storage capacity? As in adding another hard drive? Overclocking a CPU?

WHAT IS OPTIBOOST

I must be getting dull in my old age. But I can't quite figure out what optiboost actually is. It sounds cool, but even going to the website doesn't tell me what it is. Added storage capacity? As in adding another hard drive? Overclocking a CPU?

WHAT IS OPTIBOOST

This shows how bad PR can be when they have nothing to sell.

Optiboost appears to be nothing more than a marketing gimmick. You can evidently purchase overclocked CPUs, larger HDs, etc. It looks to be mostly a ruse for naïve consumers.

These gimmicks are for those with more money than technical skills.

Last edited:

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

WHAT IS OPTIBOOST

I just took a peek at it. It is fluff indeed. I would rather add a feather to the cart with a purchase from them to tickle my own ass.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

WHAT IS OPTIBOOST

The ability to customise an Asus product's hardware, AKA, add a hard drive to an Asus product, that would otherwise not be customisable. Issue is, people can do this themselves. Sometimes I wonder how in god's name ibuypower still exists. They're literally a worthless company.

Oh wow, basically they are selling a word "Optiboost". Because the rest can be done by an orangutan with a screwdriver.

My cheap Compaq CQ57 had 500GB HDD and 4GB RAM. I've bought extra 4GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD for it. So, my laptop has OPTIBOOST as well!!!111 Zomg...

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
This will probably turn out like Opti-Grab and they'll have to refund everyone's 99 cents....