• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

95W TDP of "Skylake" Chips Explained by Intel's Big Graphics Push

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Intel's Core "Skylake" processor lineup, built on the company's swanky new 14 nanometer fab process, drew heads to its rather high 95W TDP for quad-core parts such as the Core i7-6700K and Core i5-6600K, even though their 22 nm predecessors, such as the i7-4770K and the i5-4670K run cooler, at 84W TDP. A new leaked slide explains the higher TDP. Apparently, Intel is going all-out with its integrated graphics implementation on Core "Skylake" chips, including onboard graphics that leverage eDRAM caches. The company is promising as much as 50% higher integrated graphics performance over "Haswell."

Although the chips have high rated TDP, the overall energy efficiency presents a different story. SoCs based on "Skylake" will draw as much as 60% lower power than "Haswell" based ones, translating into 35% longer HD video playback on portable devices running these chips. Intel's graphics performance push is driven by an almost sudden surge in display resolutions, with standards such as 4K (3840 x 2160) entering mainstream, and 5K (5120 x 2880) entering the enthusiast segment. Intel's design goal is to supply the market with a graphics solution that makes the two resolutions functional on desktop and video, if not gaming.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
This also means that on systems with discrete graphics (power to IGP gated), TDP of the chips will be lower than Haswell.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
And had AMD not made APUs and forced Intel to get off their butts, 4k would have come and they'd be pissing their pants as they scramble to make graphics that don't suck.

So literally, thank you AMD for making this day happen. Now you just better deliver with Zen or you'll have no way to flaunt your APUs in front of Intel anymore.

I wont give too much credit to AMD for this, as intel integrated GPUs in their systems a long time ago on mobos, and on CPUs ever since 2009. They are not late to the game in any way.

Granted, the power of those GPUs wasn't that good up until HD2500, and with what i persume as a R7 250-like performance on top skylake CPUs, the simple assumption of "all APUs have better graphics horse power than any intel CPU" is goign to change. A lot.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Yeah Intel did it for awhile but their GPUs sucked till AMD started putting Radeons with their crap CPUs and calling them APUs. Intel has been the laughing stock of graphics for a long time. Heck their answer to discrete GPUs was to link a bunch of x86 CPUs together and call it a GPU. I know some people are upset that product was canceled because they all talked about how it would revolutionize how games were made. Me, I'm glad it was canned because Intel had no idea how to make GPUs. They showed off the tech for years then finally when they started getting serious they realized any performance it had was long gone.

Competition is good and when you've got AMD gloating about having discrete level graphics on a CPU, it's like a little monkey poking a gorilla with a tiny poop stick. It might not notice right away but eventually its gonna turn around and swat it.

Before APUs, the last time I remember Intel being proud of a new GPU was back with the GMA950 and that was a laughing stock when it launched. Now since APUs, they've been actually putting forth effort. I honestly was impressed the HD4000 in my laptop actually could run some things. I was thinking it would be utter crap compared to the 660M in it, and well it is, but it was better than expected.

They can't rival AMD or nVidia on high end but its good to see them finally putting forth effort into graphics. Just imagine if Intel got real serious about graphics and decided to enter the GPU war. They got the R&D, fabs, and all the brains to be able to do it.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Just imagine if Intel got real serious about graphics and decided to enter the GPU war. They got the R&D, fabs, and all the brains to be able to do it.

Spot on. I think, capacity speaking they have the biggest infrastructure compared to any other GPU manifacturer right now. I still like the looks of Larrabee :))

This doesn't explain the 95W TDP, this TDP will be only for the K and the K doesn't have GT4e.

How many buy high end i5/i7 and use the integrated graphics?
A family of APUs and other of CPUs would make more sense.

System Name Clevo W230SS
Processor i5-4300M (-75mV)
Memory 8GB DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) GTX 860M
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
Software Windows 8.1
Benchmark Scores Fire Strike: 3569 Sky Diver: 10 236 Cloud Gate: 10 544 Ice Storm: 63 590
I really think Intel isn't really doing this graphics thing all that well. Sure, they got good graphics with the new iris series, but they only put them in high-end chips, which is the market that almost exclusively uses dedicated GPUs. Are they really that stupid? To challenge AMD's APU might they need to push out a Pentium or i3 with this kind of GPU, not an i7...

Biggest problem as far as Intel GPUs go is terrible driver support. Maybe DX12/Vulkan will change that assuming most games will be written with these apis.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I really think Intel isn't really doing this graphics thing all that well. Sure, they got good graphics with the new iris series, but they only put them in high-end chips, which is the market that almost exclusively uses dedicated GPUs. Are they really that stupid?

I don't think they are, because you still gonna pay for the whole chip and they collect your toll for the iGPU regardless of whether you will use it or not. So if you want to have a high end CPU from Intel, you pay for the iGPU as well it seems so.

Intel had GPU's for ages, but they were absolute garbage until AMD forced them to do something. They are still rather rubbish, but at least they improved them significantly.

System Name gamingPZ
Processor i7-6700k
Motherboard Asrock Z170M Pro4S
Cooling scythe mugen4
Memory 32GB ddr4 2400mhz crucial ballistix sport lt
Video Card(s) gigabyte GTX 1070 ti
Storage ssd - crucial MX500 1TB
Case silverstone sugo sg10
Power Supply Evga G2 650w
Software win10
I wish Intel would stop doing iGPUs... cuz I do not need them... I will always choose mid-top range discrete GPU (and still - even a low end GPUs are far more capable than iGPU) - so that iGPU is waste of my money, time and TDP (Intel is like: "oh - look brand new iGPU +50% over previous gen, almost 4k capable - we did this all for you buddy, no matter that you do not and will not use iGPU - but our team worked 2 years (and in that time made only like 0-5% CPU gain) to give you this experience you will never use or need - lucky you, now pay extra for our useful work". I would choose, for that extra $ and extra TDP a +1% CPU power than +50% iGPU .. But there is no such a option (never was and never will be - and that sux).

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I don't think they are, because you still gonna pay for the whole chip and they collect your toll for the iGPU regardless of whether you will use it or not. So if you want to have a high end mainstream CPU from Intel, you pay for the iGPU as well it seems so.

I updated your comment. As I've said in the past, skt1150 is Intel's mainstream platform not a HEDT platform like 2011-3. As a result, like APUs, there is an expectation for there to be graphics on chip. So while Intel might have "fast" or "high end" CPUs for the socket, it doesn't change the fact that it's still a mainstream consumer platform, much as AMD' APU lineup are.
Heck their answer to discrete GPUs was to link a bunch of x86 CPUs together and call it a GPU.
That's because only nVidia and AMD have the rights to shader technology. Intel was forced to use x86-like cores to do GPU because that's what they had access to.
I really think Intel isn't really doing this graphics thing all that well. Sure, they got good graphics with the new iris series, but they only put them in high-end chips, which is the market that almost exclusively uses dedicated GPUs. Are they really that stupid? To challenge AMD's APU might they need to push out a Pentium or i3 with this kind of GPU, not an i7...
I do? My laptop has an Iris Pro in it and it will do everything from work to 4k video. I have to say Iris Pro is a lot better than all of the other iGPU Intel has conjured up.
Spot on. I think, capacity speaking they have the biggest infrastructure compared to any other GPU manifacturer right now. I still like the looks of Larrabee :))
Intel can't compete in that market unless they built an entirely new GPU architecture from scratch. Once again, Intel doesn't own the rights to make shaders where AMD and nVidia do. That alone complicates matters.
I wish Intel would stop doing iGPUs... cuz I do not need them... I will always choose mid-top range discrete GPU (and still - even a low end GPUs are far more capable than iGPU) - so that iGPU is waste of my money, time and TDP (Intel is like: "oh - look brand new iGPU +50% over previous gen, almost 4k capable - we did this all for you buddy, no matter that you do not and will not use iGPU - but our team worked 2 years (and in that time made only like 0-5% CPU gain) to give you this experience you will never use or need - lucky you, now pay extra for our useful work". I would choose, for that extra $ and extra TDP a +1% CPU power than +50% iGPU .. But there is no such a option (never was and never will be - and that sux).
Most people don't use computers like people at TPU do. Intel has a market to satisfy and most of it wants iGPUs. Intel doesn't really give two shits what we want out of a mainstream platform. If you told that to Intel, they would probably laugh at you and tell you to go skt2011-3 if you so bent out of shape about it. Simple fact, most consumers don't need a discrete graphics card, at least not right off the bat if they ever will. Mainstream platform means mainstream features, if you don't like it, then don't buy it. Also Intel's IPC has increase more than 1% and squeezing performance out of a core that they've already squeezed a lot out of is a tedious task. Maybe you should go help Intel design a new one... :slap:

Also Iris Pro can drive 4k video on a 4k display. I know because I've done it and it works great. Is it good for gaming, not really, but is it good for everything except gaming or maybe even a bit of light gaming? Sure. Just remember, Intel makes most of its money off businesses, not individual consumers, so it only makes sense that their products reflect the market share and a huge chunk of the market uses iGPUs or has no use for discrete graphics.

System Name Just A Gaming Rig.
Processor AMD FX-8320 @4.1GHz, 1.268V
Motherboard ASUS M5A97 Evo R2.0
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Club 3D R9 280X 3GB royalQueen, @1115/1615MHz
Storage OS+Often used stuff: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB, Mass storage: WD Blue 1TB
Case Zalman Z3 Plus
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Software Windows 8.1 64-bit
I don't get why Intel even includes an iGPU on the unlocked models. I'm pretty sure no one buys unlocked processors and don't get a dedicated GPU.

System Name gamingPZ
Processor i7-6700k
Motherboard Asrock Z170M Pro4S
Cooling scythe mugen4
Memory 32GB ddr4 2400mhz crucial ballistix sport lt
Video Card(s) gigabyte GTX 1070 ti
Storage ssd - crucial MX500 1TB
Case silverstone sugo sg10
Power Supply Evga G2 650w
Software win10
Most people don't use computers like people at TPU do. Intel has a market to satisfy and most of it wants iGPUs. Intel doesn't really give two shits what we want out of a mainstream platform. If you told that to Intel, they would probably laugh at you and tell you to go skt2011-3 if you so bent out of shape about it. Simple fact, most consumers don't need a discrete graphics card, at least not right off the bat if they ever will. Mainstream platform means mainstream features, if you don't like it, then don't buy it. Also Intel's IPC has increase more than 1% and squeezing performance out of a core that they've already squeezed a lot out of is a tedious task. Maybe you should go help Intel design a new one... :slap:

Also Iris Pro can drive 4k video on a 4k display. I know because I've done it and it works great. Is it good for gaming, not really, but is it good for everything except gaming or maybe even a bit of light gaming? Sure. Just remember, Intel makes most of its money off businesses, not individual consumers, so it only makes sense that their products reflect the market share and a huge chunk of the market uses iGPUs or has no use for discrete graphics.

Sure thing - i3 or Pentium buyers do not even know what letters GPU means and slogans like "+50% mooaar... 4K" is good enough to buy for them... but what about i7 and "K"-series? - nobody of mainstream nor needs or understands those benefits... why those series needs "+50% moaar 4K" slogans? cuz those clients (who needs and or understands "i7") should only be pissed of by reading something like that. (I believe that 4k video is fine for that new iGPU... I was positively surprised that my netbook with i3 Sandy back in its the days could run 1080p.. but then again - the keywords are: "netbook", "i3", "no discrete" and not: "i7-k", "Z170", "above 200$-range GPU")

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
I'm all for better Intel GPU's but like some of you guys mentioned, kinda feels like a waste when most PC enthusiasts will be using a dedicated GPU but then again I can see why too, Intel wanna compete & be above AMD on all levels... :nutkick:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Software MacOS 12.1
kinda feels like a waste when most PC enthusiasts will be using a dedicated GPU
There is this thing called skt2011-3. Don't invest in a mainstream platform if you don't like the features, it's really that simple. Intel just does the "one size fits all" thing for 1150 and for the vast majority of people, that's fine.
Sure thing - i3 or Pentium buyers do not even know what letters GPU means and slogans like "+50% mooaar... 4K" is good enough to buy for them... but what about i7 and "K"-series? - nobody of mainstream nor needs or understands those benefits... why those series needs "+50% moaar 4K" slogans? cuz those clients (who needs and or understands "i7") should only be pissed of by reading something like that. (I believe that 4k video is fine for that new iGPU... I was positively surprised that my netbook with i3 Sandy back in its the days could run 1080p.. but then again - the keywords are: "netbook", "i3", "no discrete" and not: "i7-k", "Z170", "above 200$-range GPU")
Then by your logic, no one on a mainstream platform cares about overclocking either. The problem is that statement is false. An i7 is a performance model CPU for a mainstream platform. No one ever said anything about the i7 being a mainstream CPU, but it doesn't change the fact that this socket is intended to reach some of the lowest price points (by Intel's standards) and the highest, however it always needs to be able to cater to the lowest because that's where the bulk of the sales are, not with enthusiasts wanting stuff just a certain way. If you're really that bent out of shape, then don't buy the damn socket and just go with Intel's HEDT platform instead.

Another way of putting it is: Enthusiasts are a very small niche and most "enthusiasts" don't even want to spend much money anyways, so you'd be stuck with a mainstream platform anyways by virtue of your budget. So no, this is Intel making a one-size-fits-all. If you're not happy with it, you have options, it's called Haswell-E. I felt a similar way when I upgraded 3 years ago, hence why I have a 3820 and not a 2600k.

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Why the fk do I need strong GPU on a i7-K processor is beyond my comprehension! Usually people buying i7s are buying for gaming and multimedia. I only need very basic GPU and that's it. HUGE WASTE of transistors, therefore also big arse TDP. Seriously, sometimes I think those managers from Intel are worst than monkeys.
:laugh::toast::D

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
Why the fk do I need strong GPU on a i7-K processor is beyond my comprehension! Usually people buying i7s are buying for gaming and multimedia. I only need very basic GPU and that's it. HUGE WASTE of transistors, therefore also big arse TDP. Seriously, sometimes I think those managers from Intel are worst than monkeys.
...because it's a mainstream platform, skt1156/1155/1150 are all mainstream platforms with a full lineup of CPUs from entry to performance. Cool your jets and calm down. Maybe you should go work for them and design a new CPU if you shit don't stink. If you're really that bent out of shape about the platform then get a HEDT platform and stop complaining.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Go buy a six core i7 and stop complaining. Intel already made what you want. yeah, it cost way more, but guess what? a tiny market demands high prices. socket 1366 and 2011 exist for people like you.

System Name Just A Gaming Rig.
Processor AMD FX-8320 @4.1GHz, 1.268V
Motherboard ASUS M5A97 Evo R2.0
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Club 3D R9 280X 3GB royalQueen, @1115/1615MHz
Storage OS+Often used stuff: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB, Mass storage: WD Blue 1TB
Case Zalman Z3 Plus
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Software Windows 8.1 64-bit
Because it's cheaper for them to just churn out all the same CPU's than designing two different designs, one with iGPU and one without.
No doubt that is the case and the reason why Intel is doing it this way, but I wonder if they could possibly disable the iGPU on the unlocked models.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
.....silly enthusiasts(me included)..... business class and mainstream pays the bills. In the all in one desktop, laptop and New Mobile World Order An i7 with a strong igpu is killer because its all about efficiency/battery life/small form factor/price. Adding discrete gpus adds costs,heat,size and power draw....all minuses to the common professional female/male. Successful business 101..... know your market/customers(revenue source) and supply a product that they need/like and will use at a price they're willing pay. And say what you will about Intel's prices......their continuing success still speaks louder.

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
There is this thing called skt2011-3. Don't invest in a mainstream platform if you don't like the features, it's really that simple. Intel just does the "one size fits all" thing for 1150 and for the vast majority of people, that's fine.

Lol there's also this thing called money. Why would I invest in a more expensive platform that doesn't benefit me in gaming other than more cores that don't get utilized (In before DX12 BS) and better PCI-E bandwidth for SLI & Crossfire???? Yeah makes total sense.. o_O

When did I say I don't like the features of Intel integrated GPU, I said "kinda feels like a waste when most PC enthusiasts will be using a dedicated GPU but then again I can see why too, Intel wanna compete & be above AMD on all levels" See! I said I understand why they're doing it. :slap: