• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crucial Announces Ballistix DDR4 16GB Memory Modules

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16GB performance memory. Ideal for gamers and enthusiasts who deal with content creation, virtual machines, RAM drives, and memory-intensive applications, the new Ballistix modules leverage Micron's new 8Gb DDR4 component technology to offer up the highest density DDR4 memory to date.

Until now, only expensive server systems have been able to reach these memory densities, but with Ballistix DDR4 16GB modules, users can achieve greater densities on high-end desktop systems like the latest Intel X99 platforms. Available across Sport LT, Tactical, and Elite product lines, each module includes Intel XMP 2.0 profiles for easy setup and support.

"This density of memory module will start to become broadly available in the desktop space with our new 8Gb-based Ballistix DDR4 16GB modules," said Jeremy Mortenson, worldwide DRAM product marketing manager, Crucial. "We anticipate that our new modules and component densities will enable smaller form factors and the next generation of computers to have capacities that were traditionally limited to the server or high end desktop space."

Ballistix DDR4 16GB memory is expected to ship in late July. Available in 16GB modules or in kits up to 128GB, the modules come with a limited lifetime warranty.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

As usual these idiots will overcharging for absolutely craptastic memories sold under the sticker of Ballistix. Warranty is a f***ing joke, it's been more than 2 months since I RMA'd my DDR3 Tactical tracers and haven't heard from them apart from an email confirming they received my RAMS.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
So Crucial is getting into the 16gb modules and on DDR4 no less. Interested to see these and the speeds they run at!

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
As usual these idiots will overcharging for absolutely craptastic memories sold under the sticker of Ballistix. Warranty is a f***ing joke, it's been more than 2 months since I RMA'd my DDR3 Tactical tracers and haven't heard from them apart from an email confirming they received my RAMS.

I have had a lot of success with Crucial memory, but I agree that their RMA process is a joke.

I have had a lot of success with Crucial memory, but I agree that their RMA process is a joke.
All the ballistix kits I have owned have failed within 2-3 months of purchase. For me sending RAMs for RMA from India is a big headache, it involves paying bribes and collecting half a dozen documents just so that I can get exemption in customs duty as I am sending goods for repair.

System Name Prime Shiz
Processor Intel i7 4770K 4.4Ghz 1.31v
Motherboard MSI Z97A Gaming 6
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz 16GB @ 2200 CL10
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1070 GAMING X 8GB
Storage Crucial BX100 250GB, Corsair Force 3 240GB, Crucial BX100 500GB
Display(s) Asus VS24AH-P
Case Silverstone Fortress FT02 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
Mouse Mionix Naos 3200
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK reds
All the ballistix kits I have owned have failed within 2-3 months of purchase. For me sending RAMs for RMA from India is a big headache, it involves paying bribes and collecting half a dozen documents just so that I can get exemption in customs duty as I am sending goods for repair.

That's terrible luck. I've heard nothing but good regarding Crucial products and haven't had any of my RAM kits fail. I find they're also the most flexible for overclocking but that's beside the point.

That's terrible luck. I've heard nothing but good regarding Crucial products and haven't had any of my RAM kits fail. I find they're also the most flexible for overclocking but that's beside the point.
My experience has been exact opposite, all of these failed with default stock settings. My first DDR1 ballistix whenever was set to "Crucial" specs of timing and Voltage, it used to heat to the point that one of the modules actually burned out. Now I am stay away from this brand (like Logitech and Asus) like a plague and not sell it to any of my clients.