• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic Announces Freezer i32 and A32 Semi-Passive CPU Coolers

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Arctic announces the i32/A32 semi-passive coolers. The Freezer i32/A32 is the first semi passive Arctic cooler. The smaller and lighter successor of the Freezer i30/A30 is the perfect gadget for PC enthusiasts looking for an ultra-quiet but efficient solution for the CPU cooling. It is the first ARCTIC cooler which comes with the new fan controller developed in Germany.

Arctic cooler are well-known for optimum cooling performance at a low noise level. By semi passive performance the Freezer i32/A32 provides again a special feature. A sophisticated fan controller enables that the CPU is completely passively cooled during typical Windows operation. The F12 PWM fan only start up at a higher temperature (from 40% PWM).

This does not just make the computer quieter most of the time, but increases the service life at the same time. In active mode the improved bearing with a new alloy/lubricant combination cares for minimum noise levels at longer service life. Moreover, the lower footprint of the Freezer i32/A32 allows a problem-free installation and avoids interference with the RAM, even if there are two fans used. Due to the screw-mount onto a back-plate and a significantly lower weight compared to the i30, the cooler is, not least, absolutely safe also on the go.

And for everyone who prefer to run their computer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Arctic has the Freezer i32 CO in the "continuous operation" edition with a specially for continuous operation optimized dual ball bearing.

QUICK FACTS Freezer i32 / A32 Semi passive CPU Cooler with 120 mm fan for Intel and AMD
  • Improved cooling performance
  • German fan controller
  • Improved Bearing
  • Optimal compatibility through lower footprint
  • Transport safe due to a back-plate and a lower weight
  • MX-4 thermal compound included
To purchase, visit the Amazon store pages for the A32 and i32.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Royal Fortune (Main)/Adventure Galley (NAS)/Little Ranger (HTPC)
Processor Intel i5 4460/AMD C-70/Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Ed.
Motherboard Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5/Asrock C-70M1/Asrock Z97 Anniversary
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX/Stock/Raijintek Triton Core
Memory 8GB Team Group Dark 1600 CL9/8GB Team Group Elite 1600 CL9/8GB Avexir Core 1600
Video Card(s) VTX3D R9 280X 3GB/APU/Palit GTX 750 TI StormX Duo
Storage 120GB Team Group Ultra L5 SSD + 1TB WD Black/4 X 2TB WD Blue/120 GB Kingston V300
Display(s) Dell 2310/AOC e2070Swn 19.5"/TV
Case In Win 707/Bitfenix Prodigy M/Dimastech Easy V3
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply EVGA Supernova GS 650W/be quiet! System Power 7 350W/Xigmatek Maverick 400W
Mouse Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex/Razer Abyssus/-
Keyboard Corsair K70 Red/Steelseries Apex Raw/Logitech K400
Software Win10/FreeNAS 9.3/KodiBuntu
No love for Linux.

I think $50 is too much.
Are you serious?
People like you makes it very hard for me to admit that I am running Linux.
You have a problem about the price of the product, but first you have to mention Linux, because God forbid somebody thought your computer was running Windows...I am not religious, and I do not need this strange kernel you call God!

tl;dr...Please stick to the subject, tell us why $50 is too much.

System Name Fat NCASE
Processor Ryzen R9 3900X
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M ZAKU (WIFI) Edition
Cooling Scythe Fuma with 3 SCYTHE Wondersnail 2400RPM + Arctic MX2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 128GB @3200Mhz Cl16 (32GB X 4)
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 StormX ITX 12GB
Storage MX500 4TB SATA + Toshiba MG08 16TB HDD
Display(s) LG 27UL500 4K monitor
Case Jonsbo W2 black
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek 1200 & Soundblaster G3 usb
Power Supply ASUS ROG STRIX 850W Gundam Edition
Mouse Elecom wireless mouse :)
Keyboard RK100 Royal Kludge
Software Windows 10 HOME
Benchmark Scores Don't know any benchmark. It runs good enough for me.
Artic heatsink generally have a good design like continuous heat pipe direct touch for the base and an ok price. I owned the smaller artic freezer i11 it performs very well for its small size with a reasonable overclock.

The downside about artic cooler is despite what looks like a good design it does not perform as well as expected in reviews comparing to other similar size cooler and even with their smaller cooler strangely. I am not sure why is this happening, it could be the liquid fillers in the heatpipe not being the same across products.

I just wish artic just have both amd mount in one cooler rather than separating it selling the intel mount for just the i series cooler and amd for a series cooler.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
so based on the temp
nice but it would like stop and go

System Name Diablo | Baal | Mephisto | Andariel
Processor i5-3570K@4.4GHz | 2x Xeon X5675 | i7-4710MQ | i7-2640M
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77 | HP DL380 G6 | Dell Precision M4800 | Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet
Cooling Swiftech H220-X | Chassis cooled (6 fans + HS) | dual-fanned heatpipes | small-fanned heatpipe
Memory 32GiB DDR3-1600 CL9 | 96GiB DDR3-1333 ECC RDIMM | 32GiB DDR3L-1866 CL11 | 8GiB DDR3L-1600 CL11
Video Card(s) Dual GTX 670 in SLI | Embedded ATi ES1000 | Quadro K2100M | Intel HD 3000
Storage many, many SSDs and HDDs....
Display(s) 1 Dell U3011 + 2x Dell U2410 | HP iLO2 KVMoIP | 3200x1800 Sharp IGZO | 1366x768 IPS with Wacom pen
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D | HP DL380 G6 Chassis | Dell Precision M4800 | Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD | None | On-board | On-board
Power Supply Corsair AX850 | Dual 750W Redundant PSU (Delta) | Dell 330W+240W (Flextronics) | Lenovo 65W (Delta)
Mouse Logitech G502, Logitech G700s, Logitech G500, Dell optical mouse (emergency backup)
Keyboard 1985 IBM Model F 122-key, Ducky YOTT MX Black, Dell AT101W, 1994 IBM Model M, various integrated
Software FAAAR too much to list
No love for Linux.

I think $50 is too much.

The only information the cooler gets is PWM, so as long as your mobo has fan control support (basically all sockets the cooler support at all, really), it'll work just fine in Linux.

Are you serious?
People like you makes it very hard for me to admit that I am running Linux.
You have a problem about the price of the product, but first you have to mention Linux, because God forbid somebody thought your computer was running Windows...I am not religious, and I do not need this strange kernel you call God!

tl;dr...Please stick to the subject, tell us why $50 is too much.

It's a valid complaint to have: take the Corsair H110i for example: it only does fan/pump control via the Windows-only software (according to some people I asked on IRC who own it) because all control is done via USB. As a Linux user, that means that it can only work at full tilt when booted in Linux. With such a restriction, $50 for an air-cooler like this one is simply too much if it were the case.

Yes, it's obnoxious at times, especially here when @Uplink10 decided to not do any research on the product whatsoever, research that would have answered the question very adequately.

so based on the temp
nice but it would like stop and go

Yes. Looks like it's using a PWM curve with fan-off below a certain duty cycle. The same system is used in the GTX950/GTX960 reference cards for example, as well as many other non-PC applications.

EDIT: I wonder if they'll release a line of fans with such functionality.. and if anyone else (outside of massive OEM-level companies like San Ace for example) will implement similar things in their fans...

The only information the cooler gets is PWM, so as long as your mobo has fan control support (basically all sockets the cooler support at all, really), it'll work just fine in Linux.
I was being sarcastic and tried to show the prevalence of Windows as an OS even though that might not be true in every case, good thing that is changing.