• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer vs. Lenovo for heavy-duty use (build quality)

Had 2 Acer's and still have their tablet, sister had Acer as well and it was great considering how much abuse it went through. Great devices. Had one Lenovo and I don't want to ever see this fucking company ever again. The worst pile of crap with pathetic components (WLAN was absolute garbage with 5m range apparently) and moronic case design. I had to tear it apart from above to access fucking HDD. I didn't mind that on Aspire One because it was tiny, but on S205, it was just idiotic. And wireless was absolute shit compared to older Aspire One as well as the fact they had to replace the screen while it was in service for the stupid WLAN. And then HDD died and that's the point I got rid of it and bought cheapo Compaq with exactly same hardware specs. Except it has a Broadcom WLAN which at least fucking works. And so far everything is working perfectly.

I ain't touching Lenovo ever again. People constantly spit on Acer, but from my experience, they make pretty decent devices. Far better than those from lenovo, that's for sure.

System Name DELL Inspiron 5400 AIO / HP 17 ca1065cl
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz / Ryzen 5 3500u
Memory 16GB /12GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA MX 330 / Radeon Vega 8
Storage 1TB +SSD
Display(s) 23.8 inch touch screen 17.3 touch screen
Case DELL AIO / HP LAPTOP
Mouse Dell Wireless /LOGITECH
Keyboard Dell Wireless / HP LAPTOP
Software WINDOWS 11
I believe Acer is part of the same huge conglomerate that took away Packard Bell and Gateway so I don't know much about that brand. If I were you I would also take a look into HP and Lenovo I don't know much about them either.

NK THE FOX

Its your point of view about lenovo, and my point of view about lenovo, is that lenovo has good product. my cousin bought a acer laptop in 2011, 5 month later than i buy my laptop and his battery, screen, etc got problem on the third year, mine is still going in good condition, 4 YEARS without replacement of anything. that laptop i bought it only in Rs21000, but my cousin's acer was Rs430000

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
Thinkpad L and T series are pretty awesome in terms of case quality. The X1 Carbon as well obviously but that's expensive, the new Thinkpad Yoga 460 will be carbon as well, but again, expensive

Like many companies, they have good products, they have so-so products

System Name Main Rig
Processor Athlon 5350
Motherboard AsRock mITX
Memory 4gb
Storage 120gb Kingston HyperX SSD
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 740N
Power Supply Corsair 430 watt
The Lenovo Z series isn't really rugged. It is a consumer laptop--meant for use around the house or an occasional use outside the home. If you are going to be constantly lugging this laptop all over, you really want a Thinkpad model.