• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOSTAR Announces Gaming H170T Mainboard and GeForce GTX 980 Ti Graphics Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
BIOSTAR's latest gaming products cover both the mainboard and VGA card spaces with two products that offer a sweet spot for performance versus investment in hardware. The motherboard is the Gaming H170T which is the best valued motherboard of the Gaming Skylake platform (other brands are at least $169 and up) and the GPU is the Gaming GeForce GTW980Ti, a 6GB GDDR5, 384bit, full size PCB, high-end 3D graphic solution, supporting NVIDIA's PhyX and CUDA technology at 4K resolutions.

BIOSTAR's latest mainboard, the Gaming H170T is based on Intel's H170 chipset which is a single-chip design that supports Intel 6th generation socket 1151 Intel Core processors. The Gaming H170T comes with Hi-Fi Technology built inside, delivering Blu-Ray audio, Puro Hi-Fi features an integrated independent audio power design with a built-in amplifier. The technology utilizes audio components with an independent power delivery design for a significant reduction in electronic noise producing superb sound quality. Moreover, the Hi-Fi H170T supports USB 3.0, PCIe M.2 (32Gb/s), SATA Express (16Gb/s) and has DisplayPort for monitor output.

There is also BIOSTAR's SmartSpeedLAN included which is a free software application that monitors and manages your PC's network behavior. With user-friendly GUI, it allows you to select and prioritize different types of network traffic, including gaming, media streaming, communications or web surfing. You can also set any specific applications, choosing to prioritize or block accordingly. SmartSpeedLAN can feature automatic management options that use adaptive networking intelligence to ensure that you are getting the best online gaming experience over other gamers.

Not only that, this board features a "Moistureproof" PCB design. That means that you can setup an outside kiosk or signage and even in rural or coastal areas with high humidity the board will be robust. There are also X.D.C (eXtreme Durable Capacitors) which are quality solid capacitors to help make sure the board remains rock solid and stable. These are low ESR and high ripple conductive solid state capacitors that provide a stable power supply to the CPU. The life span can also be more than 6.25 times that of ordinary liquid caps. (Feel free to work for days).

The board features the latest BIOSTAR technologies such as Charger Booster II which will power up your smart phones and tablets quickly. There is also BIOS Flasher and BIOS Online Update for easy updating and restoration of the BIOS, as well as BIO-Remote2 for remote control of the system via Android and Apple devices. Also included is BIO-Remote2 Technology which gives users a better Home Theater environment. Users who own either Android or Apple mobile devices are able to access and control the PC remotely. You're smart device can become an intelligent and functional remote control. Moreover, BIO-Remote2 also includes both the function of mouse pad and power point presentation modes.

Gaming H170T Mainboard Features:
  • Supports for 6th Gen Intel Core Processors
  • Intel H170 single chip architecture
  • Supports 4-DIMM DDR3-1866(OC) up to 32G maximum capacity
  • BIOSTAR Hi-Fi 3D Technology inside
  • Supports USB 3.0
  • Supports PCIe M.2(32Gb/s)
  • Supports SATA Express(16Gb/s)
  • Supports DisplayPort
  • Windows 7, 8, and 10 Compatible
The new BIOSTAR GTX 980 Ti VGA card is based on Nvidia's formidable Titan X single-GPU graphics processor which is capable of gaming at 4K resolution. The GTX980Ti comes with 2816 cores, almost the same as the Titan X's 3072. This card brings 6GB of onboard GDDR5 memory clocked at 7GHz, and it uses a wide 384-bit bus.

The GTX980Ti has three full-sized DisplayPort connections, one HDMI 2.0 port, and a dual-link DVI.

The new BIOSTAR GTX980Ti is the second card ever with the horsepower for gaming at 4K resolutions without the need for a multi-card SLI setup. This graphics card compares to the $1000 Titan X's performance for much less, finally giving gamers a real 4K gaming option without breaking the bank.

For more information, visit the product pages of the Gaming H170T Motherboard and GeForce GTX 980 Ti graphics card.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
You know Biostar, I am glad yall are getting into the game on GPU's and making better motherboards. However, if your going to release a GPU this late into the game I would hope it would have an aftermarket coolers that's custom designed by yall instead of just the reference designs.

Maybe they will come out with one soon enough but still...Maybe I am just being a bit over critical but I just felt this is a bit late.

System Name Fat NCASE
Processor Ryzen R9 3900X
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M ZAKU (WIFI) Edition
Cooling Scythe Fuma with 3 SCYTHE Wondersnail 2400RPM + Arctic MX2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 128GB @3200Mhz Cl16 (32GB X 4)
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 StormX ITX 12GB
Storage MX500 4TB SATA + Toshiba MG08 16TB HDD
Display(s) LG 27UL500 4K monitor
Case Jonsbo W2 black
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek 1200 & Soundblaster G3 usb
Power Supply ASUS ROG STRIX 850W Gundam Edition
Mouse Elecom wireless mouse :)
Keyboard RK100 Royal Kludge
Software Windows 10 HOME
Benchmark Scores Don't know any benchmark. It runs good enough for me.
All ddr3 slots? That is great way to recycle ddr3 Rams lying around. Biostar makes good Budget boards, I wish they allow their boards to support next Gen Intel CPUs. Not sure if it applies to all board but my z97 board would need a new revision board just to support broadwell cpu.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
good guy Biostar.... recycling DDR3 and making budget saver motherboards,
you have all my respect Biostar!

:respect:

Regards,