• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Also Announces the Strafe RGB Silent Mechanical Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Corsair, a leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced the immediate availability of the Corsair Strafe RGB Silent, the world's first mechanical keyboard to use the new Cherry MX Silent keyswitch. With a sophisticated noise dampening system integrated into each key, the Strafe RGB Silent offers all the legendary precision and feel of German-engineered Cherry MX mechanical key switches, but up to 30% quieter.

Continuing their long-running partnership, Corsair is the exclusive launch partner for Cherry's new switches - you simply won't find a Cherry MX Silent keyswitch anywhere else. Rather than using rubber O-rings or other quick-fix external fittings to reduce key noise, the Cherry MX Silent uses a patented fully-integrated noise reduction system built into every key, greatly reducing key bottoming-out and spring-back noise. The result is a keyswitch that's up to 30% quieter, making Strafe RGB Silent the ideal choice for gamers that demand the tactile feel of a mechanical key, but prefer a quieter operation to not disturb their partner, kids or co-workers.

While the Strafe RGB Silent's key switches might be muted, its industry-leading RGB lighting technology means it looks anything but. With a powerful on-board controller and Cherry MX RGB lighting, the Strafe RGB Silent offers gamers individual multi-color dynamic backlighting for nearly unlimited lighting customization, effects and personalization. To make customization even easier Corsair's RGB Share service allows users to effortlessly download sophisticated and stunning lighting profiles to make their keyboard look instantly amazing.

The Strafe RGB Silent also comes fully loaded with the features gamers demand. A USB pass-through port allows the easy connection of a mouse, gaming headset or phone to a PC, while a full-length soft-touch wrist rest offers comfort for even the longest gaming sessions. Gaming grade circuitry provides 100% anti-ghosting and full 104 key rollover ensuring every critical key press registers, and with two included sets of custom textured and contoured keycaps, vital keys offer enhanced grip and feel for FPS or MOBA games.

The Strafe RGB Silent has an MSRP of £139.99 Inc. VAT and is backed by a two-year warranty and Corsair's comprehensive customer support.

Corsair has today also announced the immediate availability of the Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX Blue key switches. Users can look forward to combining the audible and tactile feedback of the Cherry MX Blue switch with the Strafe's per-key red LED backlighting and full macro support. Additional Corsair keyboards will also carry the option of Cherry MX Blue switches soon.

Corsair Strafe RGB Silent Specifications
  • 100% Cherry MX Silent gaming key switches - Exclusive patented noise reduction technology makes Strafe RGB MX Silent 30% quieter than other mechanical gaming keyboards.
  • Multi-color dynamic backlighting - Brilliant RGB backlighting enhances the experience with virtually unlimited lighting adjustability
  • Fully programmable - Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for advanced gaming
  • USB pass-through port - Positioned for uninterrupted game play and ready for your mouse, wireless headset adapter, or your phone
  • Detachable soft-touch wrist rest - Provides the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions.
  • Full spectrum color - CUE Link connects your Corsair RGB keyboard, mouse, and headset to deliver the ultimate lighting experience
  • FPS/MOBA keycap sets - Textured and contoured keycaps for maximum grip and enhanced feel
  • Gaming Grade Circuitry - 100% Anti-ghosting with 104 key rollover on USB ensures no matter how fast your play, all your keypresses register
  • Easy-access multimedia controls - Make on-the-fly audio adjustments without interrupting your game.
  • MSRP: £139.99 Inc. Tax
Availability
In the UK the Strafe RGB Silent is available immediately from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors. For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN
Corsair is the exclusive launch partner for Cherry's new switches - you simply won't find a Cherry MX Silent keyswitch anywhere else.

This always leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Corsairs build quality have been suffering for a while. Good products and great customer support thou. But i dont want to be dealing with RMAs after a few months of owning any of their products. I had dead LEDs in 3 of their k70 keyboards and now i have a dead LED in the front I/O panel of my 760T case. £150 for a case or a keyboard isnt cheap either.

I am stuck in the middle wondering if i should recommend corsairs products or not after so much hassle with RMAs

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
Corsairs build quality have been suffering for a while. Good products and great customer support thou. But i dont want to be dealing with RMAs after a few months of owning any of their products. I had dead LEDs in 3 of their k70 keyboards and now i have a dead LED in the front I/O panel of my 760T case. £150 for a case or a keyboard isnt cheap either.

I am stuck in the middle wondering if i should recommend corsairs products or not after so much hassle with RMAs

Company has expended quite aggressively over the last few years, something is bound to give.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5Ghz 1.32vlts
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock 4
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200Mhz (16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3080 Founders Edition
Storage 512GB Gigabyte Aorus NVMe (Boot) 1TB Crucial NVMe (Games)
Display(s) LG UK850 27in 4K Freesync/G-Sync/HDR 600
Case Fractal Design Meshify C Windowed (Dark Tint)
Audio Device(s) Corsair HS70 Special Edition Wireless Headphones & 7.1 Sound
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850w Gold
Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Elite Mechanical RGB (Cherry Red)
Software Windows 10 Home
No matter how nice these things look, I just cannot bring myself to spend £140 on a keyboard, it's just seems all sorts of wrong.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I'm using one now. Switches are excellent and they are quiet. I would of preferred if they used a metal top like they did on the K70 but overall construction is very good. No complaints so far.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm using one now. Switches are excellent and they are quiet. I would of preferred if they used a metal top like they did on the K70 but overall construction is very good. No complaints so far.

Awesome. Anything you can compare the switches to (sound and feel)? I'm curious as to how they sound to the typical cherry switches

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I'd say the "action" is right in the middle of heavy and light.... maybe just a bit more towards the heavy side. They're no louder than a rubber dome keyboard even if you're really banging the keys. :)

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
I'd say the "action" is right in the middle of heavy and light.... maybe just a bit more towards the heavy side. They're no louder than a rubber dome keyboard even if you're really banging the keys. :)
Awesome!
How does it feel compared to MX blue and brown?
Are keycaps and palm rest material the same with old K70/90/95? (I think strafe series is 'low cost' variant)

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Keycaps seem to be the same, I don't use the palm rest though. The blues are probably a bit lighter than these and of course these don't have the tactile "click". I can't remember using browns.

System Name corsair
Processor amd fx-8120 4.1ghz
Motherboard asus sabertooth fx990
Cooling corsair h100i
Memory 16gb ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) gigabyte gtx 970 4gb ram
Storage 250 gb samsung 850 evo ssd / 1 tb samsung 850 evo ssd
Display(s) benq gw2765ht
Case corsair vengeance c70 white
Audio Device(s) sb live usb 24-bit
Power Supply corsair gs800 v2
Mouse corsair m65
Keyboard corsair strafe rgb mx silent
Software windows 10 64-bit
I've just ordered one for home.
I already have the K70 RGB at office and love it, but it's too noisy for home.
Can't wait until it arrives next week...

System Name Zen
Processor Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.Skill 32G
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage never enough
Display(s) not OLED :-(
Keyboard Wooting One
Software Linux

Would adding the additional "traditional" rubber O-rings there make it even more quieter, or they just added in-built rubber rings there now?

The result is a keyswitch that's up to 30% quieter, making Strafe RGB Silent the ideal choice for gamers that demand the tactile feel of a mechanical key, but prefer a quieter operation to not disturb their partner, kids or co-workers.

only 30% of the Cherry MX clicking fix doesn't solve anything as they are 30 times louder than "traditional" non-mechanical keyboards. So reduction of 90-95% of noise would make any sense. It's like... I'm 4 promille drunk... lets reduce it 30% and I can drive home? NO! Not good enough!

Last edited:
Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Would adding the additional "traditional" rubber O-rings there make it even more quieter, or they just added in-built rubber rings there now?

only 30% of the Cherry MX clicking fix doesn't solve anything as they are 30 times louder than "traditional" non-mechanical keyboards. So reduction of 90-95% of noise would make any sense. It's like... I'm 4 promille drunk... lets reduce it 30% and I can drive home? NO! Not good enough!
You could add o-rings though I don't think it would be any quieter. Your keys would just bottom out earlier.

System Name Zen
Processor Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.Skill 32G
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage never enough
Display(s) not OLED :-(
Keyboard Wooting One
Software Linux
You could add o-rings though I don't think it would be any quieter. Your keys would just bottom out earlier.

bottoming out and triggering are 2 different things on this case or same? actuation distance is still the same?

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
Software Windows 11 Professional x64 (Update 23H2)
Just got the STRAFE RGB mech board with Cherry MX Red switch. Apparently it's the updated version which has aluminium body with white accent around the keys to improve the lightings of the RGB LEDs. Worth every cent of my hard-earned money. Build quality, it's decent (albeit it's heavy, which is good to keep it in place), Ran the CUE to test the backlights & found no problems.