• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
They do not use those heavy indented keys with this one.

Only over time i bet cost a lot to design it, but i cannot see why they should because they made their own switch and to me that would just force everyone make even cheaper keyboards and even possibly make cherry make their switches cheaper ( quality wise ).
Yea I just feel they're charging a premium. I know Omron is located in Japan, but I feel it'd still be cheaper than getting German made switches like Razer moving to chinese knock offs. Plus I feel every Logitech peripheral is overpriced just because it's Logitech. I mean I love my 502 and 700 but with how often the switches fail in these mice (particularly g700) I'd say the quality of these mechanical switches probably isn't much better. That's just an assumption though.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
No, that would be the action figure of Quiet. My MX Clears on my CODE make me nut when I type. I simply did not like Romer G keys. All preference of course, but technically speaking these keyboards should be cheaper and they are still charging a hefty premium.

There is not doubt Logitech puts a $$$ premium for the name. They earned it, IMO. People might nitpick this or that on a mouse or keyboard, but in the end the over-all quality of what they make is usually superior. Quality products and CS inspire loyalty, which can reflect on someone's future purchases.

I didnt buy the Orion Spark just because of the Romer-G keys, I bought it because of the macro keys and the gaming software that was already installed from owning the G15 (which is still in perfect condition after 10 years).