• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question about XML Dump, Lookup Link (and possible Feature Request)

Bpendragon

Hello.

I am working in an environment where I have about 100 computers with different specifications that I need to find a wide array of specifications on. Everything from GPU name to CPU cache and everything in between. I also know that several more will be coming in the next months, so I need to be ready for that.

To do this so far I have a Powershell Script that runs CPU-Z and DxDiag from a flash drive and takes their text output and parses the relevant information from them. However, I am missing two crucial bits of information: GPU Model/Name (GTX 980ti, AMD R9 290X, etc.) and what the Techpowerup database calls "GPU Variant."

Unfortunately neither of these can be retrieved reliably from CPU-Z, GPU-Z, or DxDiag. For instance and R9 240 and an R9 290X both show up as "R9 200 Series" in these utilities.

I had the thought of using Powershell's Invoke-WebRequest cmdlet (equivalent to cURL) to grab the appropriate database page and parse the data from there.

This feels doable, because when you click the "Lookup" button the URL briefly flashes a php identifier that then redirects you to the correct page. I have determined how to construct most of this URL from the XML Dump file created using the -dump <outputfile> command line parameter. As seen here: http://i.imgur.com/8LCWlmP.png (colors underlined match up on left and right side). However, the first set of hex code does not appear in the XML File.

Which brings me to my question:

I was wondering if anyone knew how to construct it, or where it was grabbed from? It appears to be unique for each graphics card (possibly computer as well, but I'm not sure).

If not I would like to make a feature request (or in addition to the above):

Have the Lookup URL in the XML File so that I can parse it and then parse from it.

That first set of hex characters are for the site's use "so people can't just modify the URL to give us fake submissions" which could result in an error. You can safely ignore that number. Sorry, I misread what you wanted. I believe the first set is an encoding of the following numbers. @W1zzard will be along to tell you what's what in due time.

Including the lookup URL in the dump sounds like a good idea though.

Last edited: