• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PQI Unveils My Lockey with Windows Hello Certified Fingerprint Reader

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
A global leader in mobile peripheral solutions, PQI of Foxlink group today announces My Lockey has acquired world's first Microsoft Windows Hello Biometric Fingerprint ID certification, providing a simple way to access and yet sophisticated data security. Available in mid-February, customers without biometric ID hardware can also enjoy having an intelligent gold-key.

After 2017 CES, the CEO of Global Operations at PQI, Spencer Chiu is more confident than ever and states "PQI have been eyeing the biometric market, and plans to be ahead of other competitors. At 2017 CES, PQI My Lockey attracted attention and the number of people showing interests were higher than expected . It simply refused to bow down to smartphones, AR or VR products at the show.

To create My Lockey, PQI utilized Foxlink Group's sound research as a niche point and cost-effective productivity advantages to partner with US number one IC sensor and Touch-Pad manufacturer, Synaptics. It then acquired certification from Fast Identity Online (FIDO) and now, certification from Microsoft, being the world's first aftermarket fingerprint ID hardware for Windows Hello! The advanced technology and certifications have brought much encouragement and assurance to PQI My Lockey. The advanced and sophisticated biometric security system has put PQI on the forefront of fingerprint ID in our industry!"

What is worth mentioning is the improved encryption of My Lockey, the encryption can be directed at a file or folder. With just the touch of your fingertips, the file / folder can be encrypted or decrypted for use. No need to memorize / enter complicated passwords, worry about forgetting the password or unauthorized accesses. When encrypted, it's appearance status will remain the same as other folders so it will not draw needless attention from peepers. In the near future, PQI will continue to optimize the use of fingerprint ID to a wider range of implementation.

Meanwhile, My Lockey will continue to provide current convenient functions such "My favorites" to effortlessly and safely log into your favorite social media or online shopping sites. One can also use it for other online authentications such as ecommerce, online payments or connecting to cloud databases. Create an intelligent, safe and convenient digital information era with My Lockey.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Cheap biometric devices for masses!
Glad to see Synaptic being used in this one. So far I had only positive experience with their scanners, including an out-of-the-box Win10 support and flawless integration with Windows biometric login.
I even forgot what was a password on my Vostro V131....:fear:

Much better than now non-existent Authentec (eaten alive by Apple), once used in almost every laptop with capacitive fingerprint scanner.

System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
It's a shame you can't use these devices as 2FA for logging into your machine using Windows Hello. Maybe Microsoft will add that as a feature later on? I'd love to upgrade to the newest Yubikey that uses FIDO (not biometric) to authenticate and log you in, but I'd only want to do that if I could combine it with a login PIN, not an either/or situation.

System Name ATHENA
Processor AMD 7950X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360, 13 x Lian Li P28
Memory 2x32GB Trident Z RGB 6000Mhz CL30
Video Card(s) ASUS 4090 STRIX
Storage 3 x Kingston Fury 4TB, 4 x Samsung 870 QVO
Display(s) Acer X38S, Wacom Cintiq Pro 15
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Topping DX9, Fluid FPX7 Fader Pro, Beyerdynamic T1 G2, Beyerdynamic MMX300
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TX-1600
Mouse Xtrfy MZ1 - Zy' Rail, Logitech MX Vertical, Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 + Universal Blue
I really want to see desktop aimed fingerprint and iris scanning. Atm, there's very little on the market, however if I had either a keyboard with finger scanning, or a monitor with iris scanning, I'd likely roll them out across my fleet.