• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 1700X, 1600X & 1300 Benchmarks Leaked

Why you think Intel will not be happy if price drop? They charge much more than real value and they have huge profit even if they ask 800$ for i7-6950X and 500$ for i7-6900K.

They will have less profit than now and that is all that matters to the shareholders ... Also, if they dramatically drop prices, they will accumulate a lot of angry customers.

They will have less profit than now and that is all that matters to the shareholders.

Actually no, I explained this earlier. Intel designed their product stack and pricing to maximize total profit with a weak competitor. Even with Intel's "inflated" prices, AMD was nearly bankrupt. If the competition gets better, they can increase production of the high end chips and make them mainstream. Since the incremental cost of producing them is trivial compared to retail, this is something they can easily do. Losing market share is definitely a bigger problem for Intel than rearranging their product stack.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Actually no, I explained this earlier. Intel designed their product stack and pricing to maximize total profit with a weak competitor. Even with Intel's "inflated" prices, AMD was nearly bankrupt. If the competition gets better, they can increase production of the high end chips and make them mainstream. Since the incremental cost of producing them is trivial compared to retail, this is something they can easily do. Losing market share is definitely a bigger problem for Intel than rearranging their product stack.

But there's not millions of people that are just waiting for Intel to drop prices to buy X99 stuff. The high end desktop market isn't some infinite consumer land.

But there's not millions of people that are just waiting for Intel to drop prices to buy X99 stuff. The high end desktop market isn't some infinite consumer land.

Then I guess there aren't millions of people waiting for AMD to sell 8c16t CPUs either?

The implication is that Intel will just sit there and let AMD beat them on performance/price and lose half their market share in a hurry? That would be stupid, and there is no reason why they need to do that. If they don't have something new and better waiting in the wings, then reorganizing the placement of their chips and the volumes produced is the best solution. Ramp up production of the better i5s and i7s and drop them down a tier in price, assuming that Ryzen makes this necessary.

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
Customers will be very satisfied and happy to see that same chipset old almost 3 years give them opportunity to beat AMD premium Ryzen
People love such things when life time of one generation is longer,

The bold bits are true, but not the blue. An upgrade in perrformance makes sense not to "beat Ryzen".

What kind of fool upgrades just to wave their epeen at others saying their system is faster than another company's product? Especially if said product is dramatically cheaper.

You should only upgrade for needed performance or if you want a new system to tinker with or for a different form factor or some tangible benefit. Anything else is like diamonds on a mobile phone; bling/pose/wasteful nonsense (IMO of course).

And price/performance is a real factor too of course.

Historically it is AMD who has given these things to customers. How often have AMD changed socket/cooler support versus Intel? And it's not just changes (in Intel's case) needed to add new features, it's only been to force extra spend. Not very environmentally sound either.

AM4 looks to continue that trend.

I'm thinking you are just trolling TBH!

Last edited:
Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Then I guess there aren't millions of people waiting for AMD to sell 8c16t CPUs either?

The implication is that Intel will just sit there and let AMD beat them on performance/price and lose half their market share in a hurry? That would be stupid, and there is no reason why they need to do that. If they don't have something new and better waiting in the wings, then reorganizing the placement of their chips and the volumes produced is the best solution. Ramp up production of the better i5s and i7s and drop them down a tier in price, assuming that Ryzen makes this necessary.

There may be millions waiting to upgrade, but they're not going to spend X99 money and X99 ppl aren't upgrading. That's why AMD has the better position.

System Name Zverkica/HP Omen
Processor Ryzen 5, 1600/ i7-9750h
Motherboard Gigabyte AB-350-Gaming 3
Cooling Noctua NH-L12S
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper X Predator 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RX 580/ GTX 1660ti
Storage SSD KIngston UV400, 480GB, WD 1002FAEX and some other Samsung drives
Display(s) Samsung U28H750 UHD Quantum Dot
Case Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) GENIUS SW-2.1 1800: GENIUS SW-2.1 1250
Power Supply Thermaltake Paris 650 Watt - 80 Plus Gold PSU
Mouse Razer Death Adder Elite
Keyboard ReDragon K577 RGB mechanical keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Sorry for my countrymen Vlada. He is having some intel based hallucinations. He probably spent much money on that intel premium motherboard and processor he has (about 2 average salaries in Serbia just for that) and now he is sorry for AMD kicking intel ass ruining his investment (ode mast u propast hehe). Intel fans or not we all should be very pleased with upcoming price drops and finally getting some really better hardware for the same price.

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
You are badly wrong... I never made mistake choosing platform and people who followed me as well. I had sixth sense that Haswell i7-4770K could be only worse OCer than Ivy and hit better platform, later I estimate that when AMD show up whole 4 core generation will have problems and only X99 have chance for competition.
How I could affraid from AMD when my motherboard could hold more than 10 models stronger than premium AMDs Ryzen.
AMD should feel bad because after 5 years of reasearch after he finally launch chipset and CPU in 2017 I will be able to outperform him with Intel chipset from 2014 and processor from 2016.
How I could feel bad, and someone would say OK you can offer same performance but AMD have probably some newer and better features, but Noooo, we haver better features and WE are in advantage and he will choke with DDR4...
I only wait price optimization and many loyal Intel customers.
If owner of X99 platform install i7-6950X and OC he could extend life time of platform from 4 on 7 years easy and still to be competitive. Who knows when AMD will outperform i7-6950X. His high price was result of monopoly, that's not real price, tomorrow if situation allow he could cost 700$, what then? Than Intel could sell more i7-6950X than AMD Ryzens.

How X99 chipset can't beat premium AMD.
Did you saw how perform Intel 10 core i7-6950X after 1.0 GHz OC.
Who will outperform him? 8 core Ryzen?

Last edited:
Processor R9 3900X
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
"We"? Now I'm almost certain you are just trolling, never mind that you have not even seen the AMD product yet to make the comparison.

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Hey Raevenlord, can I give you some advice bro? I know you're new, and you're doing a good job, but you need to improve your sentence structure.

It's something I've noticed in many of your news posts. You have too many run-on sentences.

This is a good example of what I mean:

"Taking into account some metrics (which you should, naturally, take with some grains of salt), and comparing Intel's and AMD's Ryzen offerings on 3DMark's Fire Strike Physics scores, we can see that a $389 Ryzen 7 1700X (8 cores, 16 threads) at its base clock of 3.4 GHz manages to surpass Intel's competing (in thread count alone, since it retails for $1089) 6900K running at its base 3.2 GHz frequency - with the Ryzen processor scoring 17,878 points versus the 6900K's 17,100. "

That's one sentence, its way too long. It reads very clumsily and it sounds awkward. It's a whole paragraph in one sentence. You need more full stops, and less run-on sentences.

Also, less information in brackets in the one sentence. No more than one or two brackets in the same sentence, three is too much. Unless it's just basic information like CPU clockspeeds (3.4Ghz) or something, but if the brackets contain whole sentences, try to keep them to a minimum in the one sentence.

I hope you dont take this personally, it's meant to be constructive criticizm.

Hey buggalugs!

Of course I take it personally, that's my writing you're talking about :p But that doesn't mean I take it the wrong way.

What you say is something I am keenly aware of that I need to improve. For me, the sentences read just fine, even aloud, but I sometimes look at the graphical blot of my posts and I see that there probably should be some more stops.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, and it's something I will try and increase awareness for in the future =)

Thumbs up.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
http://www.agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49 This was how most (if not virtually all) things ran before. It was intentional.
Using old code paths means lower performance.
Oh, what's a day without some conspiracy theories!?
Well for starters, that compiler is not even used for any of the benchmarks in question.
Of course, every time AMD fails to deliver on performance it's the competitor's fault.

Why you think Intel will not be happy if price drop? They charge much more than real value and they have huge profit even if they ask 800$ for i7-6950X and 500$ for i7-6900K.
That's almost as they didn't change nothing from previous years. They usually ask 1000$ for Xtreme... this year they have chance for 700$ more per Processor. Such profit give them oportunity to drop price later. Intel could sell a lot of Broadwell-EX if drop price, they could start again production and sell one more circle for lower price and don't need to launch nothing in premium segment next 18 months, until Skylake Xtreme is not ready.
Customers will be very satisfied and happy to see that same chipset old almost 3 years give them opportunity to beat AMD premium Ryzen.
People love such things when life time of one generation is longer, no situation or feature where AMD is in advantage to Broadwell-EX.
OK Intel don't need to sell only 8 and 10 cores. Whole Broadwell-EX line price will drop...
Example 200, 280, 450 and 800$. And they are in game, prices are only little reduced compare to Nehalem, Sandy Bridge-E, Ivy Bridge-E and Haswell-E, just little.

I will not allow you to enjoy in Ryzen completely... hahahaa hahahaa.

I said why in my post. They have gigantic overhead costs compared to AMD and they can't just lop off a huge percentage of their profits. What do you think that would do to their share prices? While on the other hand AMD just getting profitable will make their share prices soar.

Processor R9 3900X
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
I've ordered the parts, went for the Asrock Gaming pro despite the Fatality nonsense, as it seemed to have the most future proof "extras" like the built in WiFi and 5Gbit networking and still cheaper than the "top" MSI. 16 phase power too even if it doesn't have the extra feeds, the 8 pin via 16 phases should still work well. :)

There are millions who are willing to buy (AMD) 8 cores at a reasonable price, you can't say the same about Intel since they've artificially jacked up prices & created segmentation detrimental for a mainstream (LGA 11xx) user who wants to get a hex/octa core CPU. When the people who want/need 8 cores get the R7 that'll be lost sales for Intel, they ain't getting it back no matter what.

Last edited:
Kinda hard to imagine plenty of ppl wanting hexa or octa cores.

For what exactly?

For very long time now, max users might want is quad. And for not much shorter future, its all they will buy and want. Apart very specific applications, 6 or 8 core CPU is useless for regular users.

For what exactly?

For very long time now, max users might want is quad. And for not much shorter future, its all they will buy and want. Apart very specific applications, 6 or 8 core CPU is useless for regular users.
That's your opinion, if I'm getting an octa core (R7 1700) AMD which costs or will cost less than a quad core i7 7700k in most parts around the world, then the octa is more VFM objectively.
I know what I'll pick & most other users here would agree with that choice, it seems more logical to me & much more bang for buck besides the fact that it's much better in MT tasks.

Last edited:
That's your opinion, if I'm getting an octa core (R7 1700) AMD which costs or will cost less than a quad core i7 7700k in most parts around the world, then the octa is more VFM objectively.
I know what I'll pick & most other users here would agree with that choice, it seems more logical to me & much more bang for buck besides the fact that it's much better in MT tasks.

Cause more cores equals, what more.. power?

Just out of curiosity, what you plan to run on that?

There are a lot of scenarios where 8 or more cored CPUs shine: video/image/audio editing, compiling, CAD, virtual machines, servers, etc.
Gamers might not need them yet, but in the future this might change ...

Cause more cores equals, what more.. power?

Just out of curiosity, what you plan to run on that?
Yes, contrary to some of the popular misconceptions still floating on the web, single core performance isn't everything.

I need more cores for encoding, archiving & audio file conversion. The file archiving part is essential since I want to move away from HDD completely & need a copy of important files for SSD. The cloud is not a viable option since the broadband plans are prohibitively expensive & ISP connection is unreliable at times.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.

For what exactly?

Most games out there are multiplatform.
And what CPUs do we have in major consoles? Weak 8 cores.

Consequences? A number of newer games can utilize more than 4 cores. (Overwatch, Battlfield 1, Tomb Raider to name a couple)
It should be a point to consider even for people frequently upgrading, even more so for those who normally upgrade once in 3-5 years.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
From MSI manual, weirdo weirdo weirdo clocks on 6/4 cores (lower than on 8 core)

for comparison, Intel 4 cores (note that they have higher base frequency):

Processor R9 3900X
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
It makes sense if the higher default speed chips (e.g. the 1800x) are better binned parts I think?

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Yes, contrary to some of the popular misconceptions still floating on the web, single core performance isn't everything..
TRuth!

However, it's a big part. We've seen what deplorable IPC can do with more cores (read bulldozer).

The reality of things is many have a 4c8t cpu already. Many of those can't use more than 8t. For those that can, this is a great part. For those that can't, I'm sure 3 years down the road, an 8t processor is going to do juuuuust fine. The real benefit, for those that don't encode/render use more than 8t, is the unreleased R5 parts.

Rmemeber, people have been saying, with what they thought were good reason, you should go quad since Q6600 days... that has only paned out recently, really... especially in a gaming context. How many threads here with a budget in mind recommend quads over quads with ht?? So really it depends on the user and how they use their machine.

I think people are going to be pretty sad when they figure out there is barely any overclocking headroom and when they see the base turbo is only 2c4t...XFR is single core 100mhz up. I have a feeling you will again need beefy board and beefy cooling to use all cores much above 4.2ghz...I think these will top out on ambient well under 4.5ghz.