• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Mastercase 5 Racing

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC ATX and 4790K with EK north and south bridge water block. EVGA 980Tis with Koolance blocks & back plates. Bitspower CPU 1150 block. All block tops and back plates painted the factory 1970 Gulf Racing blue. Bitspower pump cover was painted orange. Corsair Vengeance DDR (32GB) heat spreaders painted to match. I found most of my hardware as online deals, as I didn't need the latest and greatest hardware as I rarely have time for gaming anymore.

Mods:
OC-FORCE motherboard with EK north and south bridge water block. EVGA 980Tis with Koolance blocks & back plates. All block tops and back plates painted the factory 1970 Gulf Racing blue. Bitspower pump cover was painted orange. Corsair Vengeance DDR (32GB) heat spreaders painted to match. Staying with the race car theme, 1/2" Stainless Steel tubing inspired by fuel and brake lines of the Porsche 917 race car. I used 316 Marine Grade Stainless, so corrosion isn't an issue. Alphacool VPP655 pump with adj speed and Bitspower dress-up kit. Koolance bleed valve on SLI bridge for filling the loop. Fill through Koolance 3-way splitter fitting on the EK 360mm radiator. Beneath the PC is Koolance Drain Valve. We tracked down factory paint codes for the 1970 Porsche 917. The paint colors were mixed at "Auto Plus" in Bloomington, Minnesota. The EK XTX 360mm Radiator was painted the Gulf Racing Orange. The orange stripe is mirrored onto the chassis. The circle number five represents "Mastercase 5"Front Mastercase grill is laser cut. Top of case has a smoked "moonroof" window. The clear side panel has embedded magnets. Top 120mm fan grill is machined aluminum to emulates fuel fill port. Rear fan grill is machined aluminum 120mm "Overkill" Ring. All cooling fans are Scythe Gentle Typhoons AP-15s, 1,850 rpm, 28 dBA @ 57.68062 CFM.

ey everybody! I finally finished my personal workstation. I'll primarily be doing video and photo editing. I got deals on the Gigabyte OC-FORCE motherboard, 4790K and two 980Tis from friends upgrading their hardware. The rest of the components were bought on sale or Ebay. I don't need the latest and greatest hardware as I rarely have time for gaming anymore. I've performed a lot of custom modifications to this PC build. The theme was inspired by legendary PORSCHE 917. The only Gulf Porsche 917 to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans was the one driven in Steve McQueen's "Le Mans" movie. If you're a motorsports enthusiast, I highly recommend seeing this movie for vintage racing footage alone. The story line stinks, but it's really about the event and cars. There is an HD version on YouTube. Many innovations in cinematography were created while filming this movie. Steve's production company welded brackets to the front frame work of the 917, so they could mount a camera to shoot him, and the other drivers, in the cockpit.

System Name Project Evolv mATX V2
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.SKILL 3200 C14 / 1T running at 3400
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6800XT Nitro
Storage Samsung 980 pro NVMe 2TB
Display(s) Dual Samsung 27" G50A's
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX in Silver
Audio Device(s) To many to list - generally a modified E-MU 0404 combined with a Project Ember for my desktop use
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Software Win 11
GT40 look - I dig it!