• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

(SOLVED) Installing Creative X-Fi Drivers on Windows 10 help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor Intel Core i9-9900K
Motherboard MSI Z390 Tomahawk
Cooling NZXT Kraken
Memory 48GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super
Storage 256GB & 1TB M.2 NVMe SSDs + 4x 3TB HDDs in RAID-5
Display(s) Alienware 38
Case Corsair Crystal
Power Supply Corsair TX650M
Software Windows 10
Hiya everyone.

First: If this is in the wrong subforum I'd appreciate someone advising a mod to move it, thanks :)

I've had a hell of a night with my computer. Got a new hard drive to finally drag my RAID out of degraded mode, installed Intel RST stuff on Windows, OS refused to start after a restart. So that was fun. (ended up doing the rebuild from BIOS, teaches me for using that accursed piece of software)

Was forced to reset my PC (did the lazy option of retaining my files), and now I'm reinstalling all my stuff.

Time comes to reinstall my Creative drivers, the installer tells me it can't detect any supported products.

Using the Windows 10 supported version, tried installing under a clean boot and safe mode... nothing.

Checked device manager to see if the card is detected, it is.

I have the Creative X-Fi Fatality Champion card (I think that's the name, gosh the names are awkward), and all was working perfectly fine before the reset.

Next step will have to be an actual Windows reinstall but I'd really appreciate not having to do that...

Anyone seen this before? I really would have hoped that after a decade of having garbage drivers, Creative would have sorted their game out.

System Name Rubens
Processor Intel Core I5 3570K
Motherboard MSI Z77 Mpower
Cooling Air
Memory DDR3 8 Gigs
Video Card(s) 2 AMD Radeon HD 7850 Crossfire
Storage 3 Sony Hard drives
Display(s) LG 24"
Case ThermalTake X Series
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Antec 650
Software Windows 7
Benchmark Scores Not OCed yet 3.40
Hello
I have not had.problems with creative drivers.
But have you tried pulling the card and reinstalling and booting up and see if it reconizes it.

Ruben

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Go visit Daniel_K he should sort it out and get better drivers to boot. I miss my X-Fi Fatality but my ZX is not a bad replacement.

Processor Intel Core i9-9900K
Motherboard MSI Z390 Tomahawk
Cooling NZXT Kraken
Memory 48GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super
Storage 256GB & 1TB M.2 NVMe SSDs + 4x 3TB HDDs in RAID-5
Display(s) Alienware 38
Case Corsair Crystal
Power Supply Corsair TX650M
Software Windows 10
Go visit Daniel_K he should sort it out and get better drivers to boot. I miss my X-Fi Fatality but my ZX is not a bad replacement.

Thank you so much. This isn't the first time I've had to use alternate drivers thanks to Creative's incompetence. Everything works now.

I'm still amazed by how their hardware can be good with such terribad software support.

Status
Not open for further replies.