• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So about AsRock RMA... is it good?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Sometimes, or they're just lazy to update the status, So I would have to call them up the bum to try and get the newest...

Happens globally, hopefully they didn't lose it

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
Happens globally, hopefully they didn't lose it
That would be funny and sad at the same time. They clearly state in their website, they are not responsible for what happens to a product after they send something out. Not sure how I'm supposed to take that, but I guess that is everyone's policy these days.

It would be faster to just order another board. Holy ****. It's just too bad there's nothing to choose from in uATX. If I had the crying emoji right now, I would so use it.

When I'm online F5 is great, really. Totally professional when I edit my posts 6 times in a minute.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
That would be funny and sad at the same time.

Well you think if it was lost they would automatically replace the board lol

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
Okay, I just checked the RMA tracking page *again*, they've just now sent it away to one of those elusive service centers. Maybe it'll take another 3 working days to get any change from that, or maybe there even won't be any confirmation the service center received the board.

Did I mention waiting sucks?

Sure, I can play games, ride my bicycle, but that can only be done for so long.

I want to re-benchmark the system and overclock it over and over again, plus do some actual work. It's like an itch that I have to scratch. I guess this is how people feel when they don't get cigarettes or something? Haha.

I'll check on the thread from time to time. But I don't see myself posting anything relevant until the situation progresses.

Edit: This is what I've read right now, quote: "ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue."

I read some small marked text over the RMA tracking that if the problem isn't fixable it could take up to 30 days to get an identical board. This is a nightmare. I'd rather play Dark Souls while getting electrical shocks than wait that long. What's even better that I'll probably have to pay some sort of restocking fee. :nutkick:

Guess I'm going on a holiday, lol.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Okay, I just checked the RMA tracking page *again*, they've just now sent it away to one of those elusive service centers. Maybe it'll take another 3 working days to get any change from that, or maybe there even won't be any confirmation the service center received the board.

Did I mention waiting sucks?

Sure, I can play games, ride my bicycle, but that can only be done for so long.

I want to re-benchmark the system and overclock it over and over again, plus do some actual work. It's like an itch that I have to scratch. I guess this is how people feel when they don't get cigarettes or something? Haha.

I'll check on the thread from time to time. But I don't see myself posting anything relevant until the situation progresses.

Edit: This is what I've read right now, quote: "ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue."

I read some small marked text over the RMA tracking that if the problem isn't fixable it could take up to 30 days to get an identical board. This is a nightmare. I'd rather play Dark Souls while getting electrical shocks than wait that long. What's even better that I'll probably have to pay some sort of restocking fee. :nutkick:

Guess I'm going on a holiday, lol.

you're not the only one that has had to wait on stuff I've Killed three graphics cards with my own hands accidentally In my almost 20 years of screwing with computers.