• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

custom settings for my ram, please help

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
14-14-14-34 at 1.35V, those are the only values messed with in my configuration for ddr3.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
The answers are here for your quest.

You ask for custom settting and if you should try tinkering in BIOS to change it, which answers the where and the what. @cdawall made the most informative post with "At that point you have to go and manually set it all." which answers the how.

With any set of memory, what someone else is able to do, it is quite possible you cannot. It takes time, testing, and patience to see if the RAM is capable of such timings.

I saw others post with lower the CAS one by one, and do the same with the tRCD and tRP as they are linked in most BIOS now. After you go through that, try lowering the tRAS. If all works well, it is stable at your desired timings. Also keep in mind you may have to adjust VDIMM VCCIO, and VCCSA voltage in this process to get the desired results.

The only way to get where you desire to be is with trial and error :)

Last edited:
you may find what your looking for near the end of this thread along with some good info on stability testing
http://www.overclock.net/t/1569364/official-intel-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread

this is xmp on my 3200c14 kit

and this is what i was able to tweak it to on a 6700k which was benchmark stable but it had to be wound back a little to pass the tests i linked above
mostly i had to slow command rate to t2 and tRFC to 310
focus on primary timings followed by secondary and ignore all the others for a start they are best left on auto if you can although some mb may get them wrong allowing for increased stability be tweaking them i only found tinkering with them to make my system less stable or slower not measurably faster
with the possible exception of tREFI which can be increased for improvement in memory benchmark bandwidth

the main thing that will determine wether on not this works is the chips that are used on your ram
3200c14 is guaranteed samsung b die chips while 3200c16 kits often use cheaper memory chips that dont scale as well and probably wont like to run the same sub timings as my kit