• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Launches ROG Arena's Elite Rewards Program

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
ASUS is looking to increase the appeal of its ROG (Republic Of Gamers) brand beyond just the aesthetics and specifications of its products. Through the launch of ROG Arena's Elite Rewards program, ASUS is looking to materialize users' belief in their ROG products through rewards and a loyalty system, which should a) get ROG customers even more into ASUS' products and b) increase user recognition of ROG as a brand.

Elite Rewards, as the name implies, is a reward program for users, with a scoring system that differentiates customers between Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond tiers, each with increasing rewards. Users can increase their ROG Elite score through Battle (gaming) feats, Adventuring (going to ASUS' events), Craft (earning points through ASUS' content creation contests) and by purchasing select ROG products. All of these activities give a player points towards their Elite rewards tier and the rewards they can redeem, while also increasing a player's standing in the ROG Arena leaderboard.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
Instead of this questionable "reward" system, Asus should step up their quality control and fix their customer service department. Their reputation in enthusiast hardware circles is now as a company with terrible quality control, and the industry's absolute worst customer service/RMA department. Way too many Asus buyers end up with dead boards, and a sizable number of RMA claims are denied for "user damage", such as the plethora of bent CPU pins that plague their boards. I prefer Asrock boards these days. To be fair, I never had a claim with them, and all my Asus boards are still running perfectly, some of them 8 years old now. I guess I've read too many disgruntled user reviews.

System Name Orion R7
Processor AMD Ryzen7 1700 at 4GHz
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero
Cooling Noctua HN-D15
Memory 2x 8GB DDR4 3200MHz G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 ti FE
Storage 500GB Samsung NVMe SSD + 500GB Samsung SATA + 1TB HGST HDD
Display(s) AOC 27" 1080P
Case CM HAF
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply 650W EVGA G2
Software Microsoft Windows 10 1709 Fallen Creatures :) Update 64bit
Only for US and Canada...

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
Instead of this questionable "reward" system, Asus should step up their quality control and fix their customer service department. Their reputation in enthusiast hardware circles is now as a company with terrible quality control, and the industry's absolute worst customer service/RMA department. Way too many Asus buyers end up with dead boards, and a sizable number of RMA claims are denied for "user damage", such as the plethora of bent CPU pins that plague their boards. I prefer Asrock boards these days. To be fair, I never had a claim with them, and all my Asus boards are still running perfectly, some of them 8 years old now. I guess I've read too many disgruntled user reviews.

I built my first system in 1996 on an Asus board and have used them on every build since with exception of a couple low budget systems like my HTPC (which I too use AsRock for). I'm ticking along a little over two decades now without a single failure. Because of this I have no idea how terrible the service is. It's not that I believe Asus are any better than competing brands (since I have extremely little first hand usage of others), just that they have never done me wrong and always have the features sets that I want so I stick with them. For my personal use, the rewards program is just a bonus on top of something I would more than likely have bought anyways, so I kinda like it.