• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fractal Design Launches Their Define R6 Case

(Editor's Note: You can read TPU's review of the Fractal Design Define R6 here. The press release follows.)

Designed from the ground up, the Define R6 goes beyond iteration with a profound stride of innovation - the latest and largest step in the legacy of the world-renowned Define Series. Seamless tempered glass and sound dampened steel panels with an elegant push-to-lock latching mechanism encase an entirely redesigned interior with unprecedented component support and storage flexibility. Six 3.5"/2.5" drives and two 2.5" drives can be installed with precision placement in numerous configurations throughout the case.

The spacious and fully adaptable framework of the Define R6 sports nine fan mounts, integrated PWM fan hub and support for radiators up to 420mm, making it the perfect platform for building your dream water cooling loop. Improved third generation ModuVent technology allows an effortless transition from steel-clad sound dampened top panel to filtered high airflow multi-fan ventilation via the new cooling bracket.

Expanding on the timeless, elegant form and silent modular function that brought so much success to its predecessors, the new Define R6 offers the most demanding hardware enthusiast a solid foundation and flexible framework with limitless potential.

Key features
  • Full-size seamless scratch-resistant tempered glass side panel (Tempered Glass Version Only)
  • Optimized for silence with high-density industrial dampening on side, top and front panels
  • Reversible front door with anodized aluminum cover and dual mounting system for adaptability with elegance
  • Nine fan positions with intuitive layout and clear airflow paths offer massive cooling capacity
  • Nexus+ Smart Hub offers superior fan control of six additional case fans and three extra PWM devices via your motherboard
  • Three silent, airflow-optimized Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-14 140 mm fans come pre-installed helping ensure superior airflow via two intake fans and a single exhaust.
  • Extensive water cooling support with room for up to a 420 mm radiator in the top, 360 mm in the front, and up to 280 mm in the base
  • Power supply shroud and Modular Storage Plate conceal HDD trays and excess cabling for a clean, clutter-free interior
  • Third generation ModuVent technology gives users the choice between a sound-dampening steel cover or filtered multi-fan ventilation setup in the top panel
  • Easy-to-clean high airflow nylon filters on the front, top, and base with full PSU coverage and front access for convenience
  • Modular Storage Plate lets users easily convert between the Standard Layout for maximum storage capacity or the new Open Layout for superior water cooling support and clear air flow paths
  • Vertical 2.5 slot GPU mount showcases your graphics hardware with full visibility (Flex VRC 25 riser kit sold separately)
  • Highly modular interior includes six universal SSD/HDD trays that can be independently repositioned to suit components, cooling, and cable routing
  • Customizable 2.5" storage solution consists of two brackets and a choice of four tray locations to keep drives hidden behind the motherboard tray or display them prominently on top of the PSU shroud
  • Optional USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with Fast Charging support via Connect D1 front panel I/OP upgrade kit (sold separately)

Availability
Now

MSRP
Define R6 - Black / White / Blackout / Gunmetal
USD129.99 GBP119.99 EURO129.99 SEK1,299

Define R6 Tempered Glass - Black / White / Blackout / Gunmetal
USD149.99 GBP134.99 EURO149.99 SEK1,499

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Nice upgrade over R5, though its odd not to find USB-C connection out of box, wouldnt have been a problem if it came at a little extra over no Type-C front panel SKU.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
meh... a 2018 case and you have to buy an optional upgrade to get USB-C....EPYC FAIL imho, and a definite no buy 4 me !

Processor Haswell-E - i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz
Motherboard ASUS X99S
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Palit Super JetStream 980Ti
Storage SSD: 512GB [Crucial MX100] HDD: 34TB [4 x 6TB WD Blue, 2 x 5TB Seagate External]
Display(s) Acer ProDesigner BM320 4K
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Nice upgrade over R5, though its odd not to find USB-C connection out of box, wouldnt have been a problem if it came at a little extra over no Type-C front panel SKU.

Nope

Who else is sick of all these copy-n-paste blank front panel with zero design effort put into them?

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Me
Me
and Me too

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
Why you say that. It is 100% complete upgrade over R5. You can still have full 11x 3.5" HDD + 4x 2.5" with a 360 loop in front.