• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alphacool Lets Its Water Cooling DNA be Known at CES 2018

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Alphacool, the renowned watercooling and accessories company, took to CES 2018 to showcase their watercooling product and accessory lineup. The company's Eisstation cooling blocks made a welcome, "LEDy" appearance, as did the company's full-coverage waterblocks for your choice of VGA. The company also demonstrated a hybrid, water and air cooling solution via its dressed-up radiators; a good-looking maintenance kit; and the company's distinct Eisbecher Helix and Helix Light watercooling "bling".

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
TechPowerUp said:
The company also demonstrated a hybrid, water and air cooling solution via its dressed-up radiators
That sentence needs some explanation, as it makes zero sense. All radiators are air coolers, given that they use fans to dissipate heat. If it's a dressed-up radiator, it's standard water cooling (albeit with added bling). If it's somehow hybrid, is there air cooling directly connected to the CPU (or GPU? This isn't clear either)? From its looks, this is a radiator with an integrated pump.

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
I also wonder if these new products will have the same crappy build quality and reliability as the current ones.

I also hope they have modified their coolant so it not longer eats nickel plating like that found on EK products - or at least add a warning to the bottle labels,

Last edited:

EddyAlphacool

Alphacool Rep
System Name Work / Eddy 1 / Wive 2
Processor i5-8500 / i7 13700kf / i9 12900k
Motherboard They work, no super duper whatever.
Cooling Eisbaer / Alphacool Enterprise stuff / Alphacool Enterprise stuff
Memory 16GB / 32 GB DDR5-5600 / 64GB DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) 4090 / 4080 / 2080TI
Storage 1TB SDD / 2TB M.2 + 2TB HDD / 2TB M.2 SSD + 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 49" UWHQD / 32" UWHQD / 32" UWHQD
Case Jonsbo / TT TG6 White / TT TG6 Green
Audio Device(s) Audio? Monitor Speaker ...lol
Power Supply 400W / 1200W / 1200W
Mouse Mionix Naos / Mionix Naos / Logitech
Keyboard Logitech K740 / K740 / Craft
If our water would eat nickel plated products, you would be not able to use it with our components because the most of them are nickel plated ;-) So maybe you should think about why only EK had the problem with their nickel plated products. And by the way, not only with our coolant.

@Valantar
You are right, it is not a hybrid cooler, it is a normal AIO watercooler with of course fans on a radiator. The only different is, that the pump and the reservoir are on the radiator and that we made a aluminium cover around everything for a better look.

@Chaitanya
We will ha a release in Q2 2018 ;-)

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
Well all I can say is I put your Cape Kelvin catcher + whatever comes pre-filled in the Eisbaer and Eiswolf into the loop with my EK-FC Vega block and within a week or two the EK block was GREEN and the plating peeling off inside.

It seems like you are saying there is an issue with EK's plating, if that's the case this should be spread far and wide and perhaps include a note on the bottle/with kits "Warning, not compatible with EK nickel plating" or the like, you would have much happier customers that way. ;)

I removed the lid, cleaned it off and replaced the fluid with purified water and then added Mayhems biocide and 3 weeks later there is no further damage.

Additionally, within a month (prior to attaching the EK block, using only Alphacool stuff) the pump on the Eiswolf became unreliable and the Eisbaer came with a jammed QD connector.

The packing of the EIswolf was very bad too, parts thrown in the box with a few bits of foam between then rather than proper compartments.

Support wanted me to send all the parts back first and wouldn't even agree to advance-ship a QD! Very poor really. So I just went with a custom loop and put the AC stuff on the shelf ... postage from Ireland would cost too much to send them back, no refund of postage was offered. Other companies collect and return faulty items within ~30 days (and often longer) of purchase.

On top of that, the design of the Vega EisWolf covers the BIOS switch and the fan connector - it should really have holes for both and come with a gfx to 4-pin fan connector, or at least sell a cable as an option.

The instructions for cutting out the thermal pads could be better - or actually they could be pre-cut e.g. with a die-cutter as there are so many and they are so different. The bkacing tape is a pain to get off too, Thermal Grizzly's pads have backing that is much easier to remove, maybe look at using something similar?

I mentioned most of this to AC support and they just ignored my suggestions on the design, again, very poor IMO.

Perhaps some of these points will assist with improving the QC and CS at AlphaCool. :)

If our water would eat nickel plated products, you would be not able to use it with our components because the most of them are nickel plated ;-) So maybe you should think about why only EK had the problem with their nickel plated products. And by the way, not only with our coolant.

@Valantar
You are right, it is not a hybrid cooler, it is a normal AIO watercooler with of course fans on a radiator. The only different is, that the pump and the reservoir are on the radiator and that we made a aluminium cover around everything for a better look.

@Chaitanya
We will ha a release in Q2 2018 ;-)
Thanks for info, will be looking for reviews it certainly looks promising and better packaged than EKs recent MLC. Although will have to find someone travelling from Germany to India if I decide to get one.