• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam Link App for iOS Rejected by Apple

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I hate to derail too much, but I'd be happy with the MS Store if it basically became the Xbox store on PC. Giving Steam and GOG a run for their money. As it is, the options aren't there. With the Xbox slowly dwindling and they themselves having the PC market in their grasp because of Windows, I do not understand why they don't capitalize on it. I think PC gaming's time has finally come (again). And they'd get even more people if things simply worked as simply as they do as the Microsoft store (I mean, it's simple to install Forza/Cuphead/etc and work as easily as any console game. If that was for every game with as many options as GOG, they'd have a winner).

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
Yes, who would think that emptying your wallet would make it easy to get a brand new phone?
It's the "walk out the same day" kind of thing that Apple has that makes it a superior experience. Most carriers, especially if you go through that utter garbage of a company called Assurion (which most carriers use as their warranty provider) they make you send the broken device off via mail, you then wait (sometimes as long as a week), and then you get a device in the mail. Can you go a week without your phone? Especially if that's your only phone and you have no other device? Most people would be having "the shakes" if they went without their device for longer than a day.

Either way you pay a deductible, the difference is when you get the new device in hand. I myself would rather have the experience of having a new device in hand within an hour of me walking into the store. That's customer service!!! The only other company that provides that kind of service is Amazon. I've had stuff that was broken in shipment and they had a new product shipped to me overnight before I even put the product in the box to have it sent back.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
It's the "walk out the same day" kind of thing that Apple has that makes it a superior experience.

Except for the people all over this country who live over 120 miles from the nearest apple store. Not exactly something everyone can do at the drop of a hat, or even in a week. Heck, even 50 miles can be an impediment to many. So no, far from a “superior experience” for many.

the MS Store if it basically became the Xbox store on PC. Giving Steam and GOG a run for their money.
If it leaned toward the DRM free way of things, it could be good. But MS isn't that smart..
who live over 120 miles from the nearest apple store.
Or more. There isn't an Apple store within 400 miles of here. The closest one is in another state.

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
If it leaned toward the DRM free way of things, it could be good. But MS isn't that smart..

Yeah, unfortunately they probably aren't.

I can't believe they haven't really focused on gaming for Windows very much though. The Xbox is in trouble, but from another perspective, they're the luckiest dudes in the world: They have a whole second platform to milk, unlike Sony and Nintendo. And simply being happy with the installed OS base shouldn't be enough.. even that is not the same business it used to be. Nor is Office. Gaming is what could keep them relevant.

Processor i7 4790k / ryzen 1700
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Extreme / gigabyte b350 mini itx
Cooling Corsair H70 / cooler master master liquid
Memory 32gb DDR3 / 32gb ddr4
Video Card(s) Gtx 1080 / gtx 1080
Storage 128gb Samsung 850 Pro, 2tb hdd / 500gb 850 evo
Case Thermaltake Chaser Mk-1 / Silverstone m13b
Power Supply 1000W OCZ Gold Full Modular / seasonic focus 850w
Mouse Proteus Core G502
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
I live fifteenish minutes away from one. If you buy an iPhone from there you still have to go to the cell carrier place so you might as well buy s phone from there so it takes less time. The Apple store experience is pretty much that of the Microsoft store (I live less than half an hour from two of them), except at least there you have actual cool demos and games you can play instead of just standing around waiting for an associate to stop completely ignoring you and tell you how you have to spend more $$ on a new iPhone and that you should buy a shiny new MacBook pro to go along with it. Heck the last time I was at the Microsoft store I got to play on the HTC Vive for awhile (I do have an oculus rift but my point is that "apple experience" really sucks).

there has been nothing superior about my experiences with iOS over Android. I don't understand the people who drop over $1000 on an iPhone X and then are surprised with two or three years later it's slow and laggy and a near paper weight and so they "have" to buy another one only to continue the cycle. Not to mention all the crap about apple changing chargers, completely removing the headphone jack, and using older hardware, all just so that they can make even more $$$.

Apple: less flexibility, less customizability, less performance, less sophistication, less love for their customers, all while having more profit. Yet somehow people keep buying their stuff. :kookoo::banghead:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Well, less flexibility and less customizability = more change a non-tech user can work with the device.
I'm a tinkerer, iDevices are not for me, but that doesn't mean I can't see they have their own target audience.