• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bootloop and system failures

69Rixter

I've got a Blu Studio 5.0C HD that's currently stuck in boot loop. As such, I'm not able to use any buttons (on/off, volume, home, menu nor "return"). I have to take the battery out (soft reset) to shut off phone. Am able to get into recovery (factory reset), but that's not been any help. I've tried it about 10x. Once, it did go past boot loop and went into startup, but then, all I got was "Unfortunately the process, android process, acore has stopped. and OOBE isn't responding. Right now I have it connected to comp and it isn't doing anything but charging. All I've done is to reset, both soft (1) and hard(maybe 10x). Have to take out battery to stop/shut off phone. Hoping someone could help out and give some good advice. I've done a lot of "searching" but most all say to do a hard reset, and that's not helping. Sure would like to get this phone working properly.

Appreciated:

:banghead:Rick

System Name 1.21 gigawatts!
Processor Intel Core i7 6700K
Motherboard MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X
Cooling Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Slim with Arctic MX-4
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3000 MHz
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 1080 Game Rock
Storage Mushkin Triactor 240GB + Toshiba X300 4TB + Team L3 EVO 480GB
Display(s) Philips 237E7QDSB/00 23" FHD AH-IPS
Case Aerocool Aero-1000 white + 4 Arctic F12 PWM Rev.2 fans
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio Boost 3 with Nahimic Audio Enhancer
Power Supply FSP Hydro G 650W
Mouse Cougar 700M eSports white
Keyboard E-Blue Cobra II
Software Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15: 948 (stock) / 1044 (4,7 GHz) FarCry 5 1080p Ultra: min 100, avg 116, max 133 FPS
If you could get into system and reset application preferences, it might help, but since phone cannot even boot properly it might have corrupted system files, meaning that someone was probably messing with devices' kernel and done something wrong.
Try wiping data first (do not restart) and then wiping cache partition while in recovery mode. After that select "reboot system now". See if that helps.

69Rixter

RE: Komshija & alcapwn

Appreciate your responses. I have, many x's, done the exact procedures you've mentioned. I am, now, able to access the home screen and many others yet the "system" still possesses many "bugs". I concur that there must be an O.S. corruption. I do want to flash another, updated O.S. (probably this: www.bluproducts.com/android-m-update/studio-c-hd) , but first must understand SP Flash tool (for Blu/Android). This would be my first ever flashing a phone and although I'm confident I can do it, I need to be more confident in what I'm doing. Don't need/want to brick it. I'd entertain any thoughts or suggestions you may have concerning the flashing process. AND, I'll check out those links, as well.
THANX

RE: Komshija & alcapwn

Appreciate your responses. I have, many x's, done the exact procedures you've mentioned. I am, now, able to access the home screen and many others yet the "system" still possesses many "bugs". I concur that there must be an O.S. corruption. I do want to flash another, updated O.S. (probably this: www.bluproducts.com/android-m-update/studio-c-hd) , but first must understand SP Flash tool (for Blu/Android). This would be my first ever flashing a phone and although I'm confident I can do it, I need to be more confident in what I'm doing. Don't need/want to brick it. I'd entertain any thoughts or suggestions you may have concerning the flashing process. AND, I'll check out those links, as well.
THANX

You're welcome,

feel free to come back if you need any help. :)