• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech's Mic'ing Up with Blue

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Today, we've got exciting news: Logitech has agreed to acquire Blue Microphones, a leader in studio-quality microphones these past 20 years. Their products are used by music artists - legends and talents such as Bob Dylan and Imagine Dragons - so they can create their own distinctive sound in the highest quality.

And that's not all. If you haven't heard of Blue's Yeti and Snowball lines of microphones, you really need to check them out. In truth, you really have heard them … on most of your favorite podcasts, streams and YouTube channels. Because if you're not using a Blue mic, your go-to internet personalities probably are. We loved Blue and their products the moment we discovered them. And we're convinced we can do great things together.

"Logitech's acquisition of Blue Microphones will accelerate our entry into a growing market, and offers another way for us to help bring people's passions (from music to blogging) to life. Joining with Blue is an adjacent opportunity for us - a new way to grow - with additional synergies related to our existing gaming, PC webcam and audio categories. It's exciting!"

Logitech CEO Bracken Darrell

"Blue and Logitech have a lot in common. Both companies work at being small, fast and hungry, crafting great products with cutting-edge design and technology. We're an established leader in the broadcasting space with a strong product portfolio. Logitech has design at its heart, tech know-how and global reach. Together we can do amazing things."

John Maier, Blue Microphones CEO

For Logitech, this is a new space. But, at the same time, it's not at all. Gamers are already using our Logitech G webcams to stream. People are video calling with friends and family thanks to Logitech every day. And in business, our audio and video know-how is apparent every time a video meeting takes place at the office. Joining up with Blue and their microphone lines is a logical adjacent opportunity with great synergies.

We can't wait to get going!

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Blue/Logitech microphones are anything but studio quality. They are amateur at best and even then they are mediocre. Ok for home use.

If anyone wants high quality audio, a combo of a mic+mixer isn't too expensive these days. Don't fall for those.
Shure SM48-XLR - 39$
Behringer mixer (Q502) - 60$
Stand with filter - 15-30$ will do
So about 110-130$ and you're golden.

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
Blue/Logitech microphones are anything but studio quality. They are amateur at best and even then they are mediocre. Ok for home use.
Logitech has no mics. Amateur? ok sure.

If anyone wants high quality audio, a combo of a mic+mixer isn't too expensive these days. Don't fall for those.
Shure SM48-XLR - 39$
Behringer mixer (Q502) - 60$
Stand with filter - 15-30$ will do
So about 110-130$ and you're golden.
Shure SM48-XLR is good, but a different style and not comparable to yeti mics. The Q502 is ok at best using Xenyx preamp.

Blue has always struck me as making up for quality through marketing and different exterior design. I used to work at a legit recording studio and a public arts theater and neither place had Blue mics. I have never tried them so that is just my impression though.

Processor i5-13500
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Read the article Logitech bought Blue....sheesh!
That wont change anything.

Blue has always struck me as making up for quality through marketing and different exterior design. I used to work at a legit recording studio and a public arts theater and neither place had Blue mics. I have never tried them so that is just my impression though.
Yeti is aimed at different markets/industries. Each type of mic has it's own purpose, as they are USB type not XLR what you need in studios mainly.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
So now we can start calling them "LogiBlu" or "BluLogic", hahahaha :D

Logitech has no mics. Amateur? ok sure.

Shure SM48-XLR is good, but a different style and not comparable to yeti mics. The Q502 is ok at best using Xenyx preamp.
Depends on what you want to do. A SM48 is worlds better for a "gamer" and a Q502 would work just fine with that, condenser mics like yeti can work in gaming environments but require a lot more shit and filtering to make them not just pick up anything and everything in the room.

Last edited:
Processor i5-13500
Case Cougar MX600 White
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Depends on what you want to do. A SM48 is words better for a "gamer" and a Q502 would work just fine with that, condenser mics like yeti can work in gaming environments but require a lot more shit and filtering to make them not just pick up anything and everything in the room.
Not true at all. SM48 position is directly in front (meant for music), Yeti can be placed off to the side away from your view.
Both are cardioid pattern design while yeti can change the polar pattern. You do not need lot more shit to make them not pick up, that is not what cardioid does, as it picks up what is in front. You may be thinking of omni-directinal, picks up sound all around.

Last edited:
Read the article Logitech bought Blue....sheesh!

I would think the point was ... today Logitech has no branded microphones to sell. Given today's announcement, we can expect that will change in the future. But, as of yet, no one is in a position to classify the quality of something that hasn't been made yet.

Not true at all. SM48 position is directly in front (meant for music), Yeti can be placed off to the side away from your view.
Both are cardioid pattern design while yeti can change the polar pattern. You do not need lot more shit to make them not pick up, that is not what cardioid does, as it picks up what is in front. You may be thinking of omni-directinal, picks up sound all around.
They're both meant for voice, i'm talking the difference between a dynamic and a condenser mic response range. Condenser mics in general picks up more random shit. Both yes will pick up random noise they are meant to pick up noise but a condenser mic will pick up your kids fart 10 feet away while a dynamic might require 5 feet away, simply put condenser mics pick up more unless they're really shitty. They require alot more mixing and filtering for live performances. A dynamic mic tuned for the vocal range is much better for a not heavily mixed live voice, a guy with a random condenser mic and no filtering or any sort on a game chat is just listening to a keyboard/mouse and an air conditioner. I rather listen to the tin can mics on headsets.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Proof of Blue not being top tier?

What studio was that?

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
I would think the point was ... today Logitech has no branded microphones to sell. Given today's announcement, we can expect that will change in the future. But, as of yet, no one is in a position to classify the quality of something that hasn't been made yet.
awww ... does that mean that Razer will have to switch OEM or maybe develop their own mic (highly unlikely, they don't develop thing nowadays) to replace the Seiren and Seiren Pro/X/Elite (which are only yeti mic repainted, slapped with a Razer logo and a quite above price tag)

i doubt logitech will sell Blue OEM branded logitech mic ... as they didn't change the name of the brand UE nor sold Logitech branded product without UE branding nor Saitek changed name (outside of being Madcatz Saitek previously but Logitech G Saitek is a tad better :laugh: ) when they bought it ... :D