• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2 Beta Drivers

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
AMD today made available the latest version of their Radeon software drivers, Adrenalin Edition 18.11.2, for supported graphics solutions. This brings with it support for the hotly anticipated Battlefield V game title, as well as some fixes to issues that users have been awaiting. Driver software notifications no longer list erroneously the current installed driver version and, more importantly, the annoying bug affecting some RX Vega users of elevated memory clocks even during system idle states has been resolved.

The driver also brings with it support for a Vulkan extension, VK_AMD_memory_overallocation_behavior, that "allows controlling whether explicit overallocation beyond the device memory heap sizes is allowed or not" as AMD puts it themselves. Things are not all rosy, however, with known issues including potential crashing of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey at some locations on Windows 7 systems and possible mouse lag with multi-display setups with at least one display enabled but powered off. This is disappointing considering an older driver update from September had seemingly fixed it too. The drivers are up for download at the link below, hosted directly on TechPowerUp for your convenience, and the change log is available past the break for those interested.

DOWNLOAD: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 18.11.2

Support for:
  • Battlefield V

Fixed Issues:
  • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
  • Radeon Software update notifications may sometimes incorrectly list the currently installed driver as an available software update.

Known Issues:
  • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
  • Assassin's Creed : Odyssey may experience a game crash at certain locations of the game on Windows 7 enabled system configurations.

Added Vulkan Extension Support:
  • VK_AMD_memory_overallocation_behavior
  • This extension allows controlling whether explicit overallocation beyond the device memory heap sizes is allowed or not.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
Guess I never noticed but has the "e" always been missing in "Adrenalin" ??

Guess I never noticed but has the "e" always been missing in "Adrenalin" ??
I'm pretty sure they've always spelled it that way. Which is fine. Since both spellings, with or without the "e", are acceptable.

Bah, humbug. There's a bug that's seems to be affecting my system with every driver version past 18.9.2 - the computer stutters every few seconds. Everything just freezes for a second or two. They had this bug in some earlier driver versions, then it got patched away, and now it's back again.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Bah, humbug. There's a bug that's seems to be affecting my system with every driver version past 18.9.2 - the computer stutters every few seconds. Everything just freezes for a second or two. They had this bug in some earlier driver versions, then it got patched away, and now it's back again.
Well with out any kind of system information from you that could mean anything?

System Name MonsterPC
Processor AMD X7950X3D
Motherboard MSI MEG E670X ACE
Cooling Corsair Cappelix H150i
Memory 128GB DDR5 @5600
Video Card(s) AMD RX7900XTX
Storage 120TB HDD + 3x 2TB SSD RAID, External - 390 TB Various HDD drives
Display(s) C49RG90
Case BIG Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI 4 + SteelSeries Arctis Pro USB
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Mouse SteelSeries Rival710
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
VR HMD Valve Index
Software W10 x64
This is not a bug in the drivers. Your hardware is borked.

Well with out any kind of system information from you that could mean anything?
I've narrowed it down to the driver and reported it, I don't actually need any help, just stating that the bug, that was previously fixed, is back.
This is not a bug in the drivers. Your hardware is borked.
Ah yes, the peculiarly broken hardware, that's only broken with specific drivers... Hmm... Yes... Very interesting.

System Name MonsterPC
Processor AMD X7950X3D
Motherboard MSI MEG E670X ACE
Cooling Corsair Cappelix H150i
Memory 128GB DDR5 @5600
Video Card(s) AMD RX7900XTX
Storage 120TB HDD + 3x 2TB SSD RAID, External - 390 TB Various HDD drives
Display(s) C49RG90
Case BIG Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI 4 + SteelSeries Arctis Pro USB
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Mouse SteelSeries Rival710
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
VR HMD Valve Index
Software W10 x64
I've narrowed it down to the driver and reported it, I don't actually need any help, just stating that the bug, that was previously fixed, is back.

Ah yes, the peculiarly broken hardware, that's only broken with specific drivers... Hmm... Yes... Very interesting.

Yeah. All the drivers after XYZ are bad.
For You.
Hmmm ... yeah, very interesting indeed ;-)