• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Scythe presents Kotetsu Mark II & Choten TUF Gaming Alliance Coolers

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Japanese cooling expert Scythe presents two special editions of its CPU Cooler models Kotetsu Mark II and Choten as part of the ASUS TUF Gaming Alliance series. Both products bundle their unique advantages with the fancy design of the TUF Gaming Alliance series and gorgeous RGB illumination.

Scythe Kotetsu Mark II TUF Gaming Alliance Edition is based on the award-winning Kotetsu Mark II, offering outstanding performance even for overclocking purposes at impressively low noise levels. The Scythe Choten TUF Gaming Alliance on the other hand, aims for much more compact PC case environments while providing excellent balance between size, compatibility and performance.

Exclusive Appearance with RGB Enhancement
Both Kotetsu Mark II and the Choten are the first Scythe CPU Coolers to join the ASUS TUF Gaming Alliance. The beautifully designed cover plates adopt the unique patterns of the TUF Gaming series from ASUS while the new Kaze Flex 120 RGB fan assures outstanding performance and offers modern RGB illumination. Scythe integrates eight RGB LEDs, which are located in the ring around the fan motor, in order to create consistent and bright illumination of the translucent fan blades. Users are able to take full control of the RGB illumination by connecting the fan directly to an RGB-enabled motherboard. This way it is possible to synchronize the colors and effects using the Asus Aura or other compatible RGB systems.

The Kaze Flex 120 RGB fan inherits the great features and metrics of the series. Thanks to its well-balanced fan speed range from 300 to 1.200 RPM and the PWM support, users are able to adjust the fan speed according to their needs dynamically by using the PWM controller of their motherboard. Kaze Flex 120 RGB is equipped with a high-quality, self-contained liquid bearing (Sealed Precision FDB), which reduces friction and wear to a minimum and offers an average lifespan of 120.000 hours. Yellow rubber pads are integrated into the corners of the fan frame, in order to prevent any transfer of vibrations.

Multi Socket Mounting System
Support for a big variety of sockets has been an advantage of Scythe CPU Coolers and an important feature ever since. Both of the new TUF Alliance CPU Coolers are utilizing Scythe's Hyper Precision Mounting System III (H.P.M.S. III), that is based on a back-plate mounting system with spring-loaded screws for balanced contact pressure. Convenient and hassle-free installation is assured thanks to the updated rubber and plastic spacers, that are holding the backplate secured to the motherboard. The compatibility list includes the Intel sockets LGA775, LGA115x, LGA1366, LGA 2011 and LGA 2066 as well as AMD sockets AM2(+), AM3(+), FM1, FM2(+) and AM4.

Scythe Kotetsu Mark II TUF Alliance (Model-No. SCKTT-2000TUF) and the Scythe Choten TUF Alliance (Model-No. SCCT-1000TUF) are available for 36,00€ (VAT/Taxes not included).

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I like the colours. I like the cooler.
I don't like the combination.

The exact same problem:

When building my Ryzen build I was split between a Sycthe Mugen 5 and a Noctua equivalent. Got the Scythe as reviews showed better performance and quieter operation. I have been very happy with it =)

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZXR, AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Did they copy the rubbers from Noctua?

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
I like these kinds of heatsinks. They cool the CPU and the components around the CPU socket, often including the ram.

If I can't get the Susanoo to work I'll get one of these and be done with it.
I've liked Scythe coolers ever since I grabbed the Susanoo for those very reasons and I'll add the Susanoo itself is quiet doing it too - No need to crankup the fans for keeping temps under control.

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
These are awesome for the price, but isn't this news item a little late? Both were released last year and have been available for a long time now.