• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA SR-3 DARK Will Challenge the ROG Dominus for W-3175X Supremacy

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
More cores, more fun, no security issues (or nearly none). Except eVGA doesnt do AMD. At least not for now. That wont last.

This pretty much covers it, but that said, also price as well. AMD are releasing some amazingly cost/performance pieces of kit.. That said, I'm unsure what the dual CPU based stuff would actually cost over single CPU kit but still.. I'm sure it'll be cheaper :)

aQi

More cores, more fun, no security issues (or nearly none). Except eVGA doesnt do AMD. At least not for now. That wont last.

Yeh they told at computex they are gona stick with Intel and there are not even near future plans as well to introduce AMD hardware.

Yeh they told at computex they are gona stick with Intel and there are not even near future plans as well to introduce AMD hardware.

Well, they do have to say that. Doesnt mean they will keep that. Intel will most likely tank heavily soon. They have quite literally no future right now (tho Im positive they will pick up in a year or two).

This pretty much covers it, but that said, also price as well. AMD are releasing some amazingly cost/performance pieces of kit.. That said, I'm unsure what the dual CPU based stuff would actually cost over single CPU kit but still.. I'm sure it'll be cheaper :)

I think point would be that you could have ridiculous amount of cores/threads. :D

If not for ridiculous power draw I'm sure I would scrape every penny to get it, but no way. I cannot justify the expense with 1kW just for CPU.

Good things - built in block for all important bits and CPU socket is horizontal (servers and Intel consumer motherboards of old - remember those?). After all nobody forces vendors to put CPU socket vertically. No memory obstruction and better airflow or convection around memory sticks no matter board orientation.