• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, RX 5700 & Navi 10 GPU Chip Pictured Up Close

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
I wish they were both $50 less, but all in all this looks good. The 43dBA cap for the blowers also (literally) sounds good - just hope the noise profile is pleasant. Vapor chamber cooling seems like a good idea to keep noise down.

Anandtech also says the non-XT card is a pure virtual/non-reference launch, so the cooler render for that is a placeholder. All launch cards for this will be partner designs. Just hope this doesn't mean "cheap generic blower". I'm still on the fence if this will replace my Fury X or not, but nonetheless I hope EK gets a water block out for this ASAP.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Could have been nice cards, but with that price they are DOA.

DOA is a bit of an odd statement, faster then an RTX2060 and thus also a bit more expensive, it makes sense.
The sad thing is that this is an opportunity of AMD to move gaming along, deliver slighter better performance at a lower price point and boom, no brainer sales.

as is, its fine but no more interesting then what Nvidia has been offering for a while now.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Joke all you want.
Mid-range has been creeping up continuously for the past 5-7 years or so. (Actually, all GPU prices creeping up)

Today = Same size of silicon as 5 years ago, but double+ the price.

So looking at my foggy crystal ball:
- "Mid-range" videocard in 2025 ... $799-$1199
- "High-end" videocard in 2025 ... $1499-$3999
- "Low-end" videocard in 2025 ... $399 (cheapest card possible)

If this insanity continues, this is where we'll be. And (almost) everyone seems to be okay with it.
Ridiculous.
So inflation...... I remember paying less than a dollar a gallon for gasoline, or two little pieces of candy for a penny.

But I'm pretty sure no one is forcing anyone to buy ram that is significantly cheaper than it was just 10 years ago.

To get the same performance years ago it would have cost significantly more than now.

As to price AMD/RTG can sell every bit of 7nm production TSMC can deliver. AMD/RTG have to share/divvy those 7nm CPU/GPU starts base on what sells and where they have best margins, which they're all priced to make a return for AMD/RTG and an not impede distribution of their respective channels or EoL offerings..

Once TSMC can really open-up and fully provide to AMD/RTG, especially now that Nvidia is seen as "second string" player at the foundry given their "bài bài la" to TSMC and their moving to Samsung. Just means more openings for AMD/RTG wafer starts. Once we see that tipping point AMD/RTG will have more leeway to get in and price aggressively (which we all know they do). If Polaris can be sold with 25% reduction I can see why once AMD/RTG is over the initial market surge and production levels, prices will make folks take notice. I could think by Black Friday a RX 5700 could see a $330 price.

Forget Nvidia if they keep to their same-old playbook, Navi will bring the influx of sales and margins soon enough, good place to be.

Last edited:
System Name Skypas
Processor Intel Core i7-6700
Motherboard Asus H170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212X Turbo
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) LG 22EA63V
Case Corsair Carbide 400Q
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2 w/ Deepcool XFan 120
Mouse Logitech B100
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 Pro (to be replaced by 2025)
Radeon team: Oh noes the shroud is dented, what should we do?
Lisa Su: *enters the room* *examines the ruined prototype* I like it. Send it for production
Radeon team:

So inflation...... bla bla bla bla

Let's compare mid-range card from 2012 from AMD with mid-range card from 2019 from AMD, okay ?

2012 - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition.c308 - Launch Price 159 USD
2019 - Radeon RX 5700 - Launch Price 379 USD

That's an 138% markup on a mid-range card in 5 years.

11%
Inflation eh ?

Why people are defending these greedy corporations, I have no idea. The level of insanity in the world is reaching stratospheric levels.

I think the comparison of then and now is with the HD 7850 Pitcairn launched (2012) at $249; into today monies that's a $280 price.
Well, fine then.
$249-> $379 = 52% increase, so 40% more than "Inflation".

What will happen next ? Well, nGreedia can continue to jack up prices, and AMD will then follow, because why not ?
Cartels are illegal, btw...

What's surprising is that the reference RX 5700 XT is being promoted as an Aluminum Alloy cooler shroud, and from what little I can see those ridge lines are not stamped. Looks almost to be a cast part, which is a fairly intricate/dainty/elegant part to create in a injection die cast process. I would hope to hear more on that.

What will happen next ? Well, nGreedia can continue to jack up prices, and AMD will then follow, because why not ?
And yes it's been out of bounds/outrageous for a while. Seeing when RTX 2060 came out many AIB's had priced even smurf PCB, generic cooler/plain-Jane offerings at a premium. Still given the lowly de-contented construction delivered people paid up. Now we see many 2060's doing codes/discounts and/or rebates to get such price back in range. I would wait and see if Radeon AIB's will really present quality coolers, PCB/VRM (dare I say OC'n) that a $350-380 price-point should bestow.

BTW - AMD/RTG is not a charity! And now on a cutting edge process! They've sat back and been patient in their past/place, now they're shaking off that old stigma and this is what competition looks like. I'm willing to let them build a head of steam and see how they run with it.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Well, fine then.
$249-> $379 = 52% increase, so 40% more than "Inflation".

For how much more performance? A cartel of video card manufacturing I'm sure to some that sounds reasonable, but it sounds like a conspiracy theory about a company that hates making money so much for their products they didn't bother doing so for how many years?

We aren't talking vacuum cleaners here, there are Billions of transistors in a new 7nm process, with 8GB of GDDR6 and new display outputs, a redesigned video section. This isn't a bar drink, cup of coffee, or scrambled eggs, they at least spent the afternoon designing it....

If you don't like it, don't buy it, anything is worth what the buyer will pay. If they don't sell then you were right, if the do, you are wrong. I think they are going to sell, but I will wait to see how they perform and if the extra features tens of thousands of hours spend creating are worth it to me.

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
looks like the same loud ass blower design.

Tech Jesus said they've limited the noise output to 43db on Navi, which is way better than their old blowers.

But what's the point of dropping 500$ on a video card and then not maxing settings in-game.
Whatever, it's a reference card anyway, Sapphire will make a good one like they always do.

Actually my opinion is that these cards performs well quality wise with optimized settings, don't feel that pushing them harder would have contributed to the overall experience. I have the impression that many gamers pushes their GPUs without benefitting from it. I have a lot of GPUs, also Nvidias, so maybe I will pass on this generation, but I am interested in testing all those new features that was announced.

Processor Intel Core i5 4590
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8GiB(2x4GiB) DDR3-1600 [800MHz]
Video Card(s) XFX RX 560D 4GiB
Storage Transcend SSD370S 128GB; Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung S20D300 20" 768p TN
Case Cooler Master MasterBox E501L
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair VS450
Mouse A4Tech N-70FX
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores BaseMark GPU : 250 Point in HD 4600
Wake me up when we have a GPU that is not competing against a 2015 GPU zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Same old excuse, whenever AMD launchese a gpu.

This blower design is good if < 150w, if > than 150w then I'm against it. AMD might have improved how it works, that is yet to be seen.
Aren't you guys are worshinping blower design 10 months ago when Nvidia had them even on 250W+ cards. All on sudden blower becomes bad!! :rolleyes:

These should have been $249 and $199 cards. Would sell like hotcakes.
AMD tried that in past, but their card didn't sold like hot cakes.

Processor i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen 3
Cooling ZeroTherm FZ120
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 6G Gaming X
Storage Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung PX2370 + Acer AL1717
Case Antec 1200 v1
Audio Device(s) aune x1s
Power Supply Enermax Modu87+ 800W
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Qpad MK80
I honestly like the design of the XT ofc, since the normal one is pretty much the same we saw with old cards. I didn't see them talking about consumption, that's what i'm worried about, performance should be decent, above 2070 is good for mainstream market, and prices look decent too. It's underwhelming that they need to go a node lower to compete with nvidia tho, and their supposedly new RDNA arch doesn't seem to help that either.

For how much more performance? ... random bla bla.

So every time there's a performance increase it must be matched with a corresponding price increase ?
By this logic, we should pay several million dollars for a GPU by now, as today's GPUs are probably over 10000 times faster than an S3 Virge or Matrox Mystique.

You've been brainwashed by the marketing "We have so much moar transistors cr4p in this chip and it's faster, so it MUST be more expensive"

That's not how it works dude.
Faster new gen replaces slower old gen, for same amount of money (+/-). That's how performance is pushed across the board...

But today what we have is a duopoly with a strong Cartel smelly odor... and no more crypto boom to blame.

Let's say that NV had their raytracing bs excuse for jacking up prices.
But what's AMD's excuse ? They aren't giving anything new... just a node shrink a bit more Mhz.
The chip itself is smaller. It should be CHEAPER than Polaris, not more expansive.

I hope the market punishes them by nobody buying these... but that's not happening because people do want faster GPUs, and there's just no choice anymore.

Overpriced or Overpriced. Take your pick.
Bleh...

Normally a company would up performance and drop price that's what we've come to expect (right/wrong). Let's say RTG has provided 15% more than a Vega 64, and that price is 10% lower... At least both are in the right direction... But yeah not what we would have been historically bestowed by a Radeon card. Maybe Moore's Law we've gotten spoiled?

I'm bidin' my time until the NDA/Reviews give a full picture. In the meantime reading the RTX 2070 Founders Edition Review discussion and honestly looking at how 3 pages of respondents received that Factory Reference card for $600, a reference RX 5700 XT at $449 is more what those comments "at that time" clamored for.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Ngreedia aren't a charity either, let's be thankful AMD have turned up with something new-ish.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
So every time there's a performance increase it must be matched with a corresponding price increase ?
By this logic, we should pay several million dollars for a GPU by now, as today's GPUs are probably over 10000 times faster than an S3 Virge or Matrox Mystique.

You've been brainwashed by the marketing "We have so much moar transistors cr4p in this chip and it's faster, so it MUST be more expensive"

That's not how it works dude.
Faster new gen replaces slower old gen, for same amount of money (+/-). That's how performance is pushed across the board...

But today what we have is a duopoly with a strong Cartel smelly odor... and no more crypto boom to blame.

Let's say that NV had their raytracing bs excuse for jacking up prices.
But what's AMD's excuse ? They aren't giving anything new... just a node shrink a bit more Mhz.
The chip itself is smaller. It should be CHEAPER than Polaris, not more expansive.

I hope the market punishes them by nobody buying these... but that's not happening because people do want faster GPUs, and there's just no choice anymore.

Overpriced or Overpriced. Take your pick.
Bleh...

Never said that, but thanks for the straw.

My Cirrus logic card back in the day with its whopping 2MB of video memory sure didn't hardware accelerate and sharpen videos..... Cars also didn't used to have A/C. Why aren't cars getting cheaper, they only used to cost bla bla bla.

If you don't understand market dynamics, supply and demand, investment cost, profit and loss I feel bad for you son, maybe Venezuela offers an answer you seek.

Man, I hope we get a duopoly! It's been more like a monopoly for several years.

AMD is apparently so "greedy" they almost went bankrupt. And even lately they've had to sell cards for much smaller margins than Nvidia. If they get in a pricing war with Nvidia to try and gain back market share too fast, they will lose... and then we'll have a monopoly again.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
That dent on the XT model just ruins the design.
What a horrible fking decision on the design part.
That looks hella great IMO. I also liked the looks of 8800 Ultra's cooler back in the day.

AMD is apparently so "greedy" they almost went bankrupt. And even lately they've had to sell cards for much smaller margins than Nvidia. If they get in a pricing war with Nvidia to try and gain back market share too fast, they will lose... and then we'll have a monopoly again.
I'm going to ask that someone else make sense of this.... :kookoo: Or, I misses the Sarcasm?