• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS to Release Custom NAVI GPUs in September

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
The hell are YOU talking about. Why is AMD always incapable of informing board partners ahead of time and always struggling to have product on shelves at all times? Because they lack control over their distribution chain, that is why. And why does that happen? Because they want to cheap out on it. Control costs money and so does keeping stock. We can criticize things like Nvidia's GPP but really, AMD needs something of the sort, and badly.

One of the reasons Nvidia captured lots of market share is because they put hard limits and specs on what they want their AIBs to do, and it creates contracts with them that force them to have product on shelves at certain dates. Look at an average Nvidia launch. In a SINGLE DAY you get nearly every AIB to declare the full line up. Now look at NAVI. MSI presents a slide with bad jpegs, blurry branding logo and text errors, and every day is a new surprise what news from what AIB might come up next. What DO we get? Every AIB announcing the same boring stock blowers nobody wants. Are you waiting in line yet?

Learn to think, he says. :banghead:

This, once again, is going to contribute to Nvidia keeping hold of that 70+% share. Even if they cut Navi price down another 50, its pointless when there's no stock,. And low stock does what again? Oh yeah... it inflates pricing. Last I heard the problem was HBM, with VII the problem was the product wasn't even remotely viable... what is it now, GDDR6 needs to be sourced from the moon? It would be funny if it wasn't so incredibly sad.

An example, to remind you of reality, here's a high end AIB release on a NEW arch on a NEW process. It even carries new GDDR5X memory just like Navi's GDDR6.
Hey smarty pants. :) NV is not AMD. What you are saying is just assumptions based on nothing. You dont know what brass AMD's got in their pockets. The distribution chain is not as NV's is (why would it be? It is a different company with different rules and policies, basically everything is different) and you have no idea what is there actually. If you get Navi, a brand new arch, and we already know AMD has delayed the release, so that can only tell you there were some changes. They wanted to release NAVI this year. Not year to come but this particular one since that was the strategy and NV responses quickly with a counterpart. Due to the delay it might have gotten difficult with the AIB's to get all arranged and apply any changes that had to happen on time and this is what I think it is why the AIB are simply a little bit late with their products. Your distribution chain is such a bull-crap which is beyond believe. You have absolutely know information, no clue and no rational arguments to say that this is distribution chain. For you, it can be bad distribution chain. Where did you get it? Here it comes Vayras86 PBC Special and AMD's distribution chain fix policy. Are you a psychic of some sort? I doubt it.
Just stop dude.

Hey smarty pants. :) NV is not AMD. What you are saying is just assumptions based on nothing. You dont know what brass AMD's got in their pockets. The distribution chain is not as NV's is (why would it be? It is a different company with different rules and policies, basically everything is different) and you have no idea what is there actually. If you get Navi, a brand new arch, and we already know AMD has delayed the release, so that can only tell you there were some changes. They wanted to release NAVI this year. Not year to come but this particular one since that was the strategy and NV responses quickly with a counterpart. Due to the delay it might have gotten difficult with the AIB's to get all arranged and apply any changes that had to happen on time and this is what I think it is why the AIB are simply a little bit late with their products. Your distribution chain is such a bull-crap which is beyond believe. You have absolutely know information, no clue and no rational arguments to say that this is distribution chain. For you, it can be bad distribution chain. Where did you get it? Here it comes Vayras86 PBC Special and AMD's distribution chain fix policy. Are you a psychic of some sort? I doubt it.
Just stop dude.

So funny you say he makes assumptions based on nothing, but all you did so far was actually making assumptions based on.... Nothing. And your reasons for late AIBs are laughable, like you are trying to make something look normal and perfectly justifiable. Such a joke :) hardware/pc tech isnt clearly your thing.

Manufacturers like Sapphire who only sell AMD cards could bring custom models faster than ASUS that probably cares more to sell Nvidia stuff anyway.

link?

Link? I work at globaldata, a caseking store in Portugal. We had tons of customers opening RMA and others returning motherboards, some others CPUs too, because the BIOS are a complete disgrace and people want things that work out of the box day one.

The amount of customers that rerurned their CPU+motherboard in rage, and traded for an Intel setup that works out of the box, was a lot.

There are CPUs idling at 50 and ramping the fans just while watching youtube or opening a website. And yes I know Bios will be fine in some months, but AMD needs to start releasing the products working as intended DAY 1. Specially considering how good their current products are.

Last edited:
System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
So funny you say he makes assumptions based on nothing, but all you did so far was actually making assumptions based on.... Nothing. And your reasons for late AIBs are laughable, like you are trying to make something look normal and perfectly justifiable. Such a joke :) hardware/pc tech isnt clearly your thing.

Don’t you see the difference here? Saying that AMD has bad supply chain and mine deduction from events that took place about a product to get some sort of a conclusion?

Following your premise, AMD states clearly that AIB's make quality checks and tests for all AMD's products. Nvidia doesn't have that statement or AIB obligation to do so in their chain value documentation. It is not a justification I'm just bringing the subject up and statements bad supply chain simply requires proof, which he can't possess because he's not working for sales department and supplier relations at AMD. Which means he can't know that and I'm sure AMD doesn't go around telling everyone of their relations with suppliers etc. My "assumptions" as you said, although I'd rather say conclusion, based on real events about a product are justifiable since this is the information we got directly from AMD. You can draw different conclusions but it should have been based on the same information. You can say, for instance, that AMD is so in New Ryzen release that GPU NAVI release and availability has been suffering impacting this situation but you can't state, this situation is caused by the supply chain or distribution chain if you will, because you don’t have any information about it. The other aspect is, NV's main goal is GPUs. In case of AMD it is CPU's and GPU's. Comparing these two companies by one specific product is wrong.
And this, my friend, is how gossips, hype, unjustified accusations, etc. are being born. Which in my book is malarkey. :)

BTW: This isn't just about PC/Hardware. It is about the company's policies, structure, supplier cooperation, acquisition etc. which involves end product. This can apply to carrots and corn not just PC/Hardware.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Just stop dude.

Great story but the gist of it is exactly what I've said it is, just worded differently: bad timing, bad time to market, and a bad planning with the AIB release schemes.

All of them things Nvidia doesn't suffer from, and not just this once, but

every
single
time

I know its hard to see the truth through rose tinted glasses, I'm always there to help with that. You seem to have problems putting two and two together... so in this case, yes, the smart pants are on my butt. I've seen my share of business to know what's what.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Great story but the gist of it is exactly what I've said it is, just worded differently: bad timing, bad time to market, and a bad planning with the AIB release schemes.

All of them things Nvidia doesn't suffer from, and not just this once, but

every
single
time

I know its hard to see the truth through rose tinted glasses, I'm always there to help with that. You seem to have problems putting two and two together... so in this case, yes, the smart pants are on my butt. I've seen my share of business to know what's what.
It's not a story but I always cherish listening to your bogus theories. It is kinda amusing, although I don't like your cockiness and attitude and believe me your truth went south like Sherman.
And no, the gist isn't what you exactly said. You said something totally different and point out arguments that are not there or simply you can't know about them. Maybe what you meant is not what you've written here? I've never cared what's on your butt but that for sure ain't pants, shorts tops. I'm not surprised that from the two of you, your pants are the smart ones considering your problem grasping English.
:)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
It's not a story but I always cherish listening to your bogus theories. It is kinda amusing, although I don't like your cockiness and attitude and believe me your truth went south like Sherman.
And no, the gist isn't what you exactly said. You said something totally different and point out arguments that are not there or simply you can't know about them. Maybe what you meant is not what you've written here? I've never cared what's on your butt but that for sure ain't pants, shorts tops. I'm not surprised that from the two of you, your pants are the smart ones considering your problem grasping English.
:)

Waiting on the substance to prove me wrong. Until then... pointless post.

What a crap you are talking dude. :) I literally fell off my chair here reading this garbage.
NAVI is brand new arch and AIB's need to design their products a bit to make it work and do tests. Super by NV is the same thing with core number boost so it is faster to release it cause AIB manufacturers have everything already.

Learn how to think it really doesn't hurt :)
You act like the board partners didn't know Navi was coming. So I'm not sure what you're thinking about.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Products need to be 'certified' before release. So if ASUS is going to bring in a custom 5700, their card(s) need to be approved before they could legally enter the market. You dont have to wait 2 months, you can still buy a 5700 on even the website of AMD. Slap on a waterblock or a heatsink of your own and your done.

The VRM is already sufficient enough. You dont need to wait for other brands.
From the cries on social media people buy AMD because they're cheaper. Going out and buying a cooler for yourself to put on just defeats the whole purpose of not buying Nvidia. Since Nvidia performs the same if not better and as many more extra features.

Hahahaha. A troll for sure.
AMD worshippers will only be AMD worshippers. Make excuses forever and ever. I remember when people are telling me to wait for Zen 2 architecture. glad I didn't because I've been enjoying my two gaming computers for the past 4 years. If I wasn't AMD customer the most buy AMD cards to save money buying a car that needs a cooler anyway is defeating the purpose.

Asus might as well not bother at this point.
Actually Asus makes pretty nice-looking cards. If I was interested in Navi which gladly I'm not I would rather have a Strix Edition card. Even the dual OC looks pretty nice.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Asus won't be selling any then. Who cares? Buy an aib that doesn't suck (Vega vrm cooling pad disaster anyone?).

Asus won't be selling any then. Who cares? Buy an aib that doesn't suck (Vega vrm cooling pad disaster anyone?).
Well the Nvidia cards were fine. Sorry they had to cut corners with AMD to probably be able to make money. I don't know.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I'd like to see a 3 fan 5700 XT hitting 2ghz core stable... for around $450.... that would be a game changer. apparently its very possible according to people who have put waterblocks on 5700's already on youtube.

Hoping Sapphire does a 3 fan one, but knowing them it will be 2 fan cause they are wimps. I will wait for gigabyte windforce in that case.

ASRock prototypes at Computex were mostly 3 fans