• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Formally Launches the Sound Blaster AE-7 and AE-9 Audiophile Sound Cards

Try again Creative come back with a E-MU audio interface with a modern twist on the 1212M or don't bother.
Before offering critique on the technical capabilities of the current chip used for audio processing, maybe you should do some research...
I want them 1/4 jacks the output gotta be THICC like the rack gear.
Buy a $4 adapter.

Opinion.

Patently false on both points.
First point, you clearly didn't go looking;
Second point, the Windows 7 drivers work in Windows 10.

See above... And if you don't like Creatives drivers for some reason, try DanielK's very excellent custom drivers here;

However, it should be noted that most of the Audigy series of cards are more than 15 years old. Complaining about driver support for such an old series of cards is silly and you should feel lucky they still do.

See above. How we doing on that point?
1st, I looked quite a lot when 7 and 10 came out, with no luck. Fyi I used to re-sell Creative products and got contacts with their EU team, they could not help.

2nd, it is Creative's job to support their products, especially considering they have not launched anything really new in 20 years. Not my job to try and make work their Windows 7 in Windows 10 - which by the way only worked when you upgraded to 10 from 7 and the drivers where inherited by the new OS. Simply the fact that DanielK's drivers exist proves that Creative does a very poor job to support its products.

3rd, I suppose you would be totally OK if for instance your car's manufacturer stopped offering spare parts. Or maybe you could find only new gasoline / petrol that would not be compatible with your engine.

1st, I looked quite a lot when 7 and 10 came out, with no luck. Fyi I used to re-sell Creative products and got contacts with their EU team, they could not help.
Ok, that's very easy, when 7 came out the Vista drivers worked flawlessly. When 10 came out, the 7 drivers worked(and still do) perfectly. So yeah there's that.
2nd, it is Creative's job to support their products, especially considering they have not launched anything really new in 20 years.
Either you're trolling or you haven't been paying attention. Regardless, you're wrong.
Not my job to try and make work their Windows 7 in Windows 10 - which by the way only worked when you upgraded to 10 from 7 and the drivers where inherited by the new OS.
Not really a difficult task. Run driver setup, let it finish. Taa daa!
Simply the fact that DanielK's drivers exist proves that Creative does a very poor job to support its products.
Like anything that gets modded, the reasons are usually because someone wanted to customize what they're modding. In DanielK's case, he wanted to work new driver features into older drivers for older cards. The quality of the drivers was not in question.
3rd, I suppose you would be totally OK if for instance your car's manufacturer stopped offering spare parts. Or maybe you could find only new gasoline / petrol that would not be compatible with your engine.
Comparing the automotive industry to the PC industry is simply not a good comparison as there are completely different dynamics involved. However, no I don't expect Honda to offer support on my son's '93 Acura Legend without them charging for it, which they do. I'm sure if you offered to contract Creative to adapt and update older drivers for specifically for Windows 10 they would likely happily say yes for say $150k. So have at it.

EDIT: All this does not imply that I don't care. I would love to see them update their driver sets for older cards to work on the latest version of Windows 10. They're under no obligation to, but It would be very cool if they did.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Especially with 1903, aren't Win7 drivers a recipe for disaster? I don't know much, but something extremely serious was changed, so I'd assume no older drivers would work at all.

Especially with 1903, aren't Win7 drivers a recipe for disaster? I don't know much, but something extremely serious was changed, so I'd assume no older drivers would work at all.
Recently tested them because that concern came up, no problems were encountered. They still work.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Anyplace we can find some quality reviews and specially comparison tests with X-Fi Titanium or similar, when using analogs 7.1 or 5.1 ?

Anyplace we can find some quality reviews and specially comparison tests with X-Fi Titanium or similar, when using analogs 7.1 or 5.1 ?

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
Well he probably meant this new card compared to X-Fi Titanium. Why don't TPU request a review sample to test them? Would love to read about them especially circuit board analysis which a lot of reviews don't do.

Thanks. But I meant for Sound Blaster AE-7
There is one I've seen for AE-9 and much of what was done in testing applies to the AE-7;
He's not happy with the input side and focused his complaints there, whereas I couldn't care less. Even for streamers, it's not the big deal he made it out to be. The output is far more important and was impeccable in that area.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
There is one I've seen for AE-9 much of what was done in testing applies to the AE-7;
He's not happy with the input side and focused his complaints there, whereas I couldn't care less. Even for streamers, it's not the big deal he made it out to be. The output is far more important and was impeccable in that area.
I watched tech yes city but I won't trust him reviewing soundcards. His channel is good if you hunting second hand market stuff. Agreed with you, streamers don't give two bit about soundcard and input quality (stereo crosstalk, THD and whatnot), as long as they have decent mic it would be good enough. Its going to get compressed anyway for streaming so I don't know what the fuss about.

I watched tech yes city but I won't trust him reviewing soundcards. His channel is good if you hunting second hand market stuff. Agreed with you, streamers don't give two bit about soundcard and input quality (stereo crosstalk, THD and whatnot), as long as they have decent mic it would be good enough. Its going to get compressed anyway for streaming so I don't know what the fuss about.
Exactly. I can't think of anyone who is going to nitpick about absolute perfect mic quality. The sound output is the vastly more important aspect. TYC's testing methodology was as good as one can get without proper, professional testing equipment. I personally think anyone who buys the AE-9 is going to be well pleased with what they get. Same with the AE-7.