• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Regains Rick Bergman from Synaptics as EVP of Computing and Graphics

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
AMD sent out a press release earlier today confirming that Rick Bergman has rejoined the company after eight years as president and CEO of Synaptics. He was, as the grizzled veterans of TechPowerUp may recall, with the AMD/ATI conglomeration for a decade before then. Rick, in AMD's own words, "brings extensive semiconductor experience, a deep technology understanding from a platform and product perspective, and extensive general management experience" and will take over as the external VP of Computing and Graphics from Sandeep Chennakeshu, who leaves AMD at the end of August after a short stint with the company for unnamed reasons.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
"Sandeep Chennakeshu, who leaves AMD at the end of August after a short stint with the company for unnamed reasons. "
expired or withdrawn H1N1 Visa ?

Maybe the fallout of the 3000 series rollout. He was only there since Jan 2019.
I wasn't aware there was a problem with the 3000 series rollout. I thought it was a pretty good one. What was wrong with it?

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I assume you meant H-1B1, since H1N1 is swine flu. Regardless, a work visa is typically a non-factor in such positions.

Plenty of high profile scientist got denied H1B VISA all the time. USCIS don’t give 2 squats about what level you are at, gotta wait like every other foreigners. Legal immigration system is a joke

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
I wasn't aware there was a problem with the 3000 series rollout. I thought it was a pretty good one. What was wrong with it?

Nothing if you weren't trying to get pci-4 on x470 (not an AMD problem, dumb dumbs had it enabled by default on MBs), used the release bios, and weren't on /r/AMD crying about idle voltages while staring at a monitoring app.

Nothing if you weren't trying to get pci-4 on x470 (not an AMD problem, dumb dumbs had it enabled by default on MBs), used the release bios, and weren't on /r/AMD crying about idle voltages while staring at a monitoring app.

Nobody had any clue x470 and below boards supported pcie4.0 until a week after the cpu was released, and of all the issues (overly aggressive boost, temps rising fast and high when boost is enabled, rdrand bug,..., high, P4 Prescott-like, voltages that freaked everyone) there was with zen2, none evolved around PCIE4.0 support on x470 boards. wtf are you talking about?

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Nobody had any clue x470 and below boards supported pcie4.0 until a week after the cpu was released, and of all the issues (overly aggressive boost, temps rising fast and high when boost is enabled, rdrand bug,..., high, P4 Prescott-like, voltages that freaked everyone) there was with zen2, none evolved around PCIE4.0 support on x470 boards. wtf are you talking about?

I don't have any of those problems (built two systems). And I don't need a random number generator on the chip. I think you're describing MB vendor screw ups.