• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ati 9600 Pro Tv Out ( Pal / Ntsc ) ???

sf3killer

Hello every one!:)

I have a situation with my tv-out connection.
I'm sure many people know and many people have heard but i'm still looking forward to find a real solution to my problem! My tv-out is of course in BLACK & WHITE ! :( really:confused:

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600 pro 256mb AGP , My tv-out connection is supposed to be a PAL / NTSC model ( I actually have a dip switch on the Graphic card itself that give's me the possibility to switch from PAL to NTSC or opposite) But Its not changing anything!

Some 9600pro don't have this switch ! Only way to change the region is to flash the bios of the graphic card!
This is the second solution that i tried also, thanks to the techpowerup bios archive but .... no success !

So this is the Big question!
Why is the switch (pal/ntsc) on the card not making any change?
and Why is the flash of the bios not changing the pal to ntsc or opposite?

I know its maybe boring but at least for those who would like to know!
Thanks for letting me know anything REAL ( that works! )

PS: on the other side i don't have to complain about the 9600pro because its great! Actually upgraded it to an 9600xt thanks to this forum too!

Thanks again for participating in this thread!

sf3killer

Doing it for others....

:( Yes i know! i shouldn't expect too much.....and certainly not too fast!

Just to follow my first thread... i continued to test the TV-OUT of my 9600pro and you know what? .... nothing! Just a litte bit more confused!

I am so dissapointed from this NTSC/PAL situation! The fact is that i need it so much for my XPMediacenter system. I have been looking everywhere for one little answer to my question!
Like i said in my first post..... i tried the switch on the card itself but this switch doesn't change anything at all:mad: (what's it for than?:ohwell: )
I also tried the flash of the bios.... tried another bios that was originaly PAL but nothing!
I flashed with all the little softs that exist for it (even rabit! where i changed the tv-out to PAL) but not one gives me color on my tv-out!
I was also thinking around the cable i have but i tried 3 different ones too and of course....same result. Even tried on 3 different televisions also (sony/samsung/jvc) in the scart, front composite, etc and again....nothing!

So knowing all this and after have tried so many tricks..... i will surely change my card....and surely i will check out what Nvidia has to offer!
Its so hard to stay....:banghead: relaxed after all this time lost for nothing!
I just say that ati tv-out sucks big time
its hard to say but yeah fuck it!:shadedshu

At least there will be something for those who are still searching! :)