• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Exclusivity Costs: EPIC Games Store's Control Cost $10.5 million to Become PC Exclusive

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Competition can be fair, somewhat ok or unscrupulous. Say what you wish, I and milions of others won't support the latter.

Reply:
rtwjunkie

U are full of crap sir. Crappity crappity crap :D Please go and enjoy ur version of Capitalism, and I will laugh once you wither from it.
So at what point did I insult you or make it personal? Are you only able to communicate with people who think just like you? What a boring world that would be.

Forums are full of people disagreeing...and debating, which is the presentation of thoughts followed by civilized counterpoints, each side discussing. I asked for your examples, not internet hyperbole and your response was an insult.

I do suggest you read TPU’s forum rules before you post further.

in the meantime, I will not be wasting the finite years of my life trying to “stick it to the man” and not play games from his launcher because the game is not on Steam. All that does is minimize the enjoyment part of my life I get from gaming. Not playing only hurts me and makes me older...still without having played said games that are in dispute.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Competition can be fair, somewhat ok or unscrupulous. Say what you wish, I and milions of others won't support the latter.

Reply:
rtwjunkie

U are full of crap sir. Crappity crappity crap :D Please go and enjoy ur version of Capitalism, and I will laugh once you wither from it.

I did say from an objective point of view. Now you are attacking someone for their own opinion. Just because you don't like something does not make a person who is looking at it objectively stupid and by the way there are millions of people who support the former so what. If Epic was as bad as you suggest there would not be multiple posts every week on what Epic is offering for FREE (Absolutely no cost to you).

Gafonator

I did say from an objective point of view. Now you are attacking someone for their own opinion. Just because you don't like something does not make a person who is looking at it objectively stupid and by the way there are millions of people who support the former so what. If Epic was as bad as you suggest there would not be multiple posts every week on what Epic is offering for FREE (Absolutely no cost to you).
He attacked first in a demeaning and pretending manner, yet you defend him. Wow :D

I won't take nonsense about how his reality is tough and evil, and I should get used to it (or is it not? yea we are getting somewhere riiightyyy?). And it's perfectly healthy to do that, you should try it too. With more words towards such bearers of such opininons like: "No thanks, you bitter little man."

Anyway, me and many ppl will stop supporting Epic unless they change their politics to something ok and/or awsome. My voice has been heard, and added to the plethora, more and more people will know and stop supporting, that's what matters, that's what can change something. Not words about waking up to being used to evil capitalism and doing nothing :) Farewell, I bid you rather a good day and a better company, dear sir.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
My voice has been heard
It’s been heard, but your voice still hasn’t provided any proof, merely repeating internet hyperbole, despite my request for hard facts.

No one attacked you. If what I said was an attack then maybe interpersonal communication is not for you?

All my statements were part of civilized discourse. Had you responded in kind, we would have had what the civilized and educated world calls a debate.

You will however have a long time to wait for Epic to change. Their income and sales numbers are proof they and their model are being used by many more than the haters, and they are here to stay.

Last edited:

Gafonator

Oh wow, I just read that it's possible to play BIII with people on Steam. Technically it *will* be possible, but that doesn't matter right now.

So my outrage, see it justified or not, is now deprecated. If this is perfectly normal for all other games, I have little issues with Epic now.