• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec at Computex 2019: Neptune ARGB CPU Liquid Coolers, Signature Series PSUs, Katana ARGB DDR4 Memory Modules

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Antec at Computex 2019 showcased a myriad of products, of which we bring you three families in this post: their Neptune ARGB CPU liquid coolers, the Signature Series of PSUs, and their Katana DDR4 memory modules.

The Neptune ARGB liquid coolers are available in either 120 mm or 240 mm AIO configurations, each packing a single or a dual fan setup (I leave it to you to guess which is which)s. These feature PWM controlled fans, have a flow rate of 1.5 L of cooling liquid per minute, feature RGb lighting (in case you hadn't noticed the ARGB in the name), and are rated for up to 40,000 H MTBF at a 25º room temperature.

The Signature series of PSUs joins Antec's previously-unveiled Signature S10 chassis, and are Antec's top of the line when it comes to power delivery. Their most efficient unit is the Signature 1000 Titanium, which, as the name implies, delivers 1000 W with 80+ Titanium-rated power efficiency. Lowering the bar slightly - but not by much - come the Signature 1000 Platinum and Signature 1300 Platinum, which deliver power at an 80+ Platinum-rated efficiency. All three power supplies feature a fully modular design, a 10-year warranty, and the same dimensions at 150*170*86mm.

Last, but not least, the Katana series of DDR4 memory modules cater to enthusiasts who want an Antec-specific memory design in their computer. The Katana feature ARGB lighting, and a subdued-design black heatsink with Antec and 7 Series embossed in a "contrasty" white. These are served up in an 2x 8 GB kit at 3600 MHz, with timings set at 18-20-20-44 and 1.35 V operating voltage.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Until Antec sort out their issue with their non-existent customer support teams Id avoid buying their products.

Its like they cant seem to decide if they are coming or going and keep the business going by releasing a new product once in a blue moon while living off its success from back in the 90s. NZXT does better cases and water cooling products and PSUs and you are definitely able to get a response from their support team should something go wrong.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Until Antec sort out their issue with their non-existent customer support teams Id avoid buying their products.

Its like they cant seem to decide if they are coming or going and keep the business going by releasing a new product once in a blue moon while living off its success from back in the 90s. NZXT does better cases and water cooling products and PSUs and you are definitely able to get a response from their support team should something go wrong.

Agreed ^^

Ever since my early days of computin (way back), I never thought much of their stuff then, and throughout the subsequent years, that has not changed. Just glad I was never stupido enuff to buy anything from them :D

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Agreed ^^

Ever since my early days of computin (way back), I never thought much of their stuff then, and throughout the subsequent years, that has not changed. Just glad I was never stupido enuff to buy anything from them :D

They used to make some pretty good stuff. their PSUs, AIOs and Cases were pretty good. But when competition started to become fierce and everyone started branching out into newer products Antec just seemed to get swallowed up and they have never seemed to have tried to make a break for the front of the pack again.

These days when you think of a budget case, you either think coolermaster, NZXT or Corsair. Same with power supplies or AIO coolers - you got the same big names that dominate the market.

So they are even trying to do RAM now. I doubt it will be something they will keep up for long.

Actually Antec provieds support through the Retailers who sell their product, if you have a issue with the product its best to contact the store from where you purchased the product.
Edit : contacting them directly is useless.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Actually Antec provieds support through the Retailers who sell their product, if you have a issue with the product its best to contact the store from where you purchased the product.

And therein lies yet anutha problem with their stuff...... the retailers who sell it are as crappy as they are (cough*bustbuy*cough), and could give a rats a*s about you or your issues or getting them resolved because they know their stuff is bargain basement crap and laugh at you behind the scenes for buying it in the first place....

Why oh why ANYONE would buy products from ANY company who refuses to provide (direct) customer service & support is beyond me.....

And therein lies yet anutha problem with their stuff...... the retailers who sell it are as crappy as they are (cough*bustbuy*cough), and could give a rats a*s about you or your issues or getting them resolved because they know their stuff is bargain basement crap and laugh at you behind the scenes for buying it in the first place....

Why oh why ANYONE would buy products from ANY company who refuses to provide (direct) customer service & support is beyond me.....
cause price to performance.....