• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA Launches ISSS333 Solid State Drives with Power Loss Protection

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash products, is pleased to announce the launch of its new 2.5-inch SATA III ISSS333 PLP 3D TLC solid state drives (SSD) featuring Power Loss Protection (PLP). The industrial-grade SSDs are purpose made for applications that require durability, reliability, and high capacities, including industrial computing, embedded applications, surveillance systems, medical equipment, gaming machines, defense applications, and general automation. ISSS333 PLP SSDs implement 3D NAND Flash and the SATA III 6 Gb/s interface for superb transfer rates of up to 560/520 MB per second. For cost savings, these SSDs sport lower power consumption of 2.3 watts.

Equipped with Power Loss Protection, ISSS333 3D TLC PLP SSDs guard against data loss when a sudden power failure occurs. This capabilities comes in handy for applications that are more prone to power outages, namely those operating in outdoor environments, such as base stations, surveillance systems, and transportation facilities to name a few. What's more, ISSS333 3D TLC PLP SSDs also feature wide-temperature resistance (-40°C to 85°C) to ensure optimal operation even in the harshest environments and polymer capacitors with short circuit protection. ISSS333 3D TLC PLP SSDs also support LDPC (Low-Density Parity-Check) error correcting code technology to detect and fix a wider range of data errors for more accurate data transfers and a longer SSD lifespan.

Enhance Durability and Security
ADATA ISSS333 3D TLC PLP SSDs are rated for 3000 P/E cycles, which means their endurance, reliability, and stability are up to par with 2D MLC SSDs. What's more, for added reliability and improved cost efficiency, the SSDs implement the company's proprietary A+SLC technology. It utilizes custom NAND Flash firmware with an A+ sorting algorithm to emulate SLC performance. A+SLC is highly reliable, provides excellent data integrity, and delivers a superb cost/performance balance. ISSS333 3D TLC PLP SSDs also undergo ADATA's SSD validation process, covering functionality testing and reliability validation.

Larger Capacities for the 5G Era
With the growing prevalence of big data analytics, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, and the larger amounts of data and higher levels of connectivity associated with 5G deployment, higher capacity SSDs are becoming the norm. To meet these demands, ISSS333 3D TLC PLP SSDs sport capacities from 64 GB to 2 TB.

Wealth of Added Features
For added stability and reliability both SSDs support a number of technologies including Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.), which can indicate a possible imminent drive failure, and NCQ and Windows TRIM Command to boost performance. For convenient management of the SSDs, customers can take advantage of ADATA's SSD Toolbox, which facilitates the monitoring and managing of the drives, with drive status, wear level, and lifespan information.

Exact availability of ADATA ISSS333 PLP SSDs may vary by region.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
So this is great for industrial/commercial uses, but what exactly does this do for the average pc user ?

Perhaps it was meant to instill confidence in the businesses that collect, store, use, sell, and profit from our data.... n.O.t :mad:

Adata already has the consumer market covered with a great selection of drives that offer great performance at reasonable prices, so I'm trying hard to understand why this was even posted here.... perhaps TPU is set on becoming a shrill site for commercial/industrial-related businesses/products ?

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
So this is great for industrial/commercial uses, but what exactly does this do for the average pc user ?
Because some of us have been complaining about the lack of power loss protection. I haven't myself but there definitely have been a number of users around these parts that have voiced their opinions about the lack of it. And no, these aren't data center managers who've complained about the lack of power loss protection; regular users have complained as well. And when it comes to SSD write endurance, I can't think of anyone that wouldn't want better SSD write endurance. Especially those of us who see the death of the hard drive and SSDs replacing them even for mass storage which of course will require better write endurance and data correction on older written data.
so I'm trying hard to understand why this was even posted here.... perhaps TPU is set on becoming a shrill site for commercial/industrial-related businesses/products ?
Just because you may not see or care about the benefits of certain product features doesn't mean that the rest of us don't care as well. Every one of us has different use cases and may see benefits from certain product features.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Man that name is really something.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Just because you may not see or care about the benefits of certain product features doesn't mean that the rest of us don't care as well. Every one of us has different use cases and may see benefits from certain product features.

It's not that I don't care about or recognize the value of certain features, but my point was that the largest majority of TPU members are average, everyday, consumer pc-using folks, which is not really the crowd at which the announced product is targeted at...

Power loss protection is a great feature, however, unless/until it reaches us without a price-gouge premium, it will most likely not be sought after by most folks here.

It wasn't my intention to offend anyone (I'm too old to really care about that anyways), but my point still stands :p

And finally, for me personally, spinning platters have been dead & done for many years, regular SATA SSD's will soon follow them, and flash storage is the future, at least in the near term anyways....

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
It's not that I don't care about or recognize the value of certain features, but my point was that the largest majority of TPU members are average, everyday, consumer pc-using folks, which is not really the crowd at which the announced product is targeted at...
And frankly, I'm a bit sad about that. That TPU is what it is.
And finally, for me personally, spinning platters have been dead & done for many years, regular SATA SSD's will soon follow them, and flash storage is the future, at least in the near term anyways....

Spinning [rust][platters] isn't going anywhere. I've recently started ripping my DVD's (yes, in 2020 AD, which is a bit on the late side but I do own 2 bluray disks but no reader so I'm catching on) and SSD storage is just a waste for that kind of storage. And for plenty of other things as well. They still cost more per GB than spinning [FATALITY] and the price (where I live anyway) has been pretty steady for the last year or so and you get a 3TB HDD for the price of a 1TB SSD so... For lots of thing HDD's makes sense, and will contintue to make sense forever.