• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Announces the V250 TG ARGB Mid-Tower Chassis

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Thermaltake, the leading PC DIY premium brand for Cooling, Gaming Gear, and Enthusiast Memory solutions, solemnly presents a budget-friendly chassis, the V250 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis. Providing all the essential functions and bringing more to the table, the V250 TG is designed with a sleek acrylic front panel, and one 4 mm tempered glass side panel that ensures the best visual aesthetics. Glowing through the front panel are the three preinstalled 12 mm ARGB fans, which pairs with one preinstalled 120 mm standard rear fan. With the good base feet design, users can rest assured that the chassis' has exceptional ventilation abilities.

The PSU shroud aids in tidying unsightly cables, and multiple dust filtration prevents the chassis from getting dirty; regardless, both grant additional help in serving to create the best airflow throughout the chassis. Even with its compacted size, the V250 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis is still able to support a standard ATX motherboard and is designed to support high-end expansions to suit every user's individual needs. So, are you on a budget but still want to build a cool computer while sitting at home? Thermaltake's V250 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis will help achieve your goal.

Features of Thermaltake V250 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis:
Sync with Motherboard RGB Software
The V250 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis had been meticulously designed to synchronize with ASUS Aura Sync, GIGABYTE RGB Fusion, MSI Mystic Light Sync, and ASRock Polychrome. It supports motherboards that have a 5 V addressable RGB header, allowing you to control the lighting directly from the software mentioned above without needing to install any extra lighting software or controllers.

Handy I/O Ports
One USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0, with an HD Audio port, and one easy access RGB button on the top-front panel for users to control the ARGB fans and switch up to seven different lighting effects.

Tempered Glass Panel
The chassis comes with one 4 mm tempered glass panel on its left side. Compared to the standard acrylic panel, the tempered glass panel is thicker and more scratch resistant. On top of this, the full-size side panel design allows you to display and enjoy your RGB components.

Excellent Dust Reduction
Aside from the tempered glass and metallic side panels, a handy magnetic fan filter on the top panel provides an easy solution to keep away the dust and to clean the filter. The meshed metal front panel also has a layer of filtration embedded, which protects the chassis but also ensures airflow. At the base of the chassis, an additional fan filter provides extra protection from dirt and dust.

High-End Expansion Possibilities
V250 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis has excellent expandability. It can support a CPU cooler with a maximum height of 160 mm, horizontal VGA placement of up to 320 mm in length, power supply with a length of up to 200 mm (without HDD Rack). Optimized for excellent cooling capability with three 120 mm ARGB front fans and one 120 mm standard rear fan preinstalled, the V250 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis can house up to two 140 mm at the front and top. For radiator compatibility, it can support up to a 360 mm at the front and up to 240 mm on top.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

LOL @ $90 for a "budget" case with one single front USB 3.0 port and a highly obstructive rear fan exhaust that blocks half the airflow. And the form over function dumbing down continues...

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
meh.... I use 2 of TT's "real" cases (TT900 & LVL20xt) and love them, BUT this case has earned the distinct honor of the very 1st use of my newest acronym:

"l/s/o/pyy" (lame/same/ole/pukeyyukyuk) hehehehe.. :roll:..:D..:shadedshu:

How many mid ATX towers does thermaltake have now? They got a weekly quota or something??

To any company that makes cases, PLEASE chill out with mid ATX already. Not everybody wants a massive PC with dozens of features they might not even use. Companies like Lian Li and Inwin are at least willing to try different designs in different form factors, not crank out the same thing every week.

/rant, I'm ok guys I promise

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710
Keyboard Huntsman Elite
Software 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/damric/
A lot of cases now have these magnetic filters on top. Why? Doesn't everyone use the top to exhaust? Why would you want to trap dust into the case? Seems stupid but if you have a valid reason I'd love to hear it.

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
A lot of cases now have these magnetic filters on top. Why? Doesn't everyone use the top to exhaust? Why would you want to trap dust into the case? Seems stupid but if you have a valid reason I'd love to hear it.

I'd assume that some people just don't put anything up there at all.... because that's how the case comes.....

I hate it as well--a lot of good cases are ruined by these damned things. Even the define R6 that I have has a filter on top, but at least you have the option to leave the solid panel on it. I'm pretty sure I should just rip the plastic mesh out of the louvers because I have three fans exhausting radiator heat out of it. But then I'm scared for some reason. I don't wanna go ALL positive pressure, because that just makes all your fans work harder. SO, I have my front two fans and bottom-front fan pointing in at an RPM that will keep positive pressure while the top three exhaust fans will run at a low enough RPM to keep slight positive pressure. I really should just rip the mesh out, lol.

It's damn gaudy though. I hate the magnetic top filters!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Because not everyone leaves their computer running 24/7 and dust can get in that way when the fans are stopped.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64

Fans move air in both directions, so you are always going to get some dust pulled in regardless. Plus there's this little thing called "gravity".

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
A front top intake fan can be helpful for air coolers in some cases.

System Name Main
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard B550 PG Velocita
Cooling Water
Memory Ballistix
Video Card(s) RX 6900XT
Storage T-FORCE CARDEA A440 PRO
Display(s) Samsung UE590
Case QUBE 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply LEADEX V 1KW
Mouse Cooler Master MM710
Keyboard Huntsman Elite
Software 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/damric/
All I know is that when it is installed, I have lots of dust trapped under the filter that would have been ejected had the thing not been there, and not a bit of dust on top of it that would have fallen through. Case is Phanteks P400A with 3x120mm intakes in front, 2x140mm exhausts on top, and 1x120mm exhaust in rear. The only other place that collects dust is the mesh intake filter in the front, and that is obviously doing its job, but not catching everything. The PC is on during the day and off at night.

It stops dusts when the PC is off (gravity and stuff...). That's why it's magnetic and mounted externally - i.e. can be removed when needed, without opening the case.

Also:
No - not everyone uses the top vent as an exhaust. Many don't mount any fans there, so it's a passive vent which may suck dust depending on situation.