• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA Announces XPG SPECTRIX D50 DDR4 RGB 32GB Memory Module

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ADATA, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules, NAND Flash products, gaming products, and mobile accessories,today announces the launch of the XPG SPECTRIX D50 DDR4 RGB memory module. Reaching performance of up to 4800 MHz, sporting a maximum capacity of 32 GB, and featuring an elegant geometric design, the XPG SPECTRIX D50 offers immense performance and minimalist styling gamers, overclockers, and PC enthusiasts will appreciate.

Made with only the highest quality chips and PCBs, the XPG D50 provides ultimate stability, reliability, and speeds of up to 4800 MHz. What's more, it supports the latest Intel and AMD platforms. To ensure all that amazing performance inside is protected from impact, the XPG D50 sports a robust heatsink with a wall thickness of nearly 2 mm for excellent durability. The D50 support Intel XMP 2.0 for hassle-free and stable overclocking without the need to go into BIOS.

Elegant Geometric Styling with RGB Flair
The XPG D50 features a clean and elegant exterior with simple geometric lines and a triangular RGB panel that fits in perfectly with the modules overall design.With the XPG RGB Sync app or a RGB software from a major motherboard brand, users can switch between three RGB modes - Static, Breathing, and Comet. In addition to the three modes, they can also set it to Music mode to synchronize with their favorite songs.

The 4800 MHz and 4600 MHz as well as all 32 GB variants will be available beginning in May. All other variants will be available beginning in April.Exact availability of the memory modules may vary by region.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Wow! The final madness of DDR4 Memory.But which IC is so powerful like that? Samsung B-die or Micron E-die? In addition,why B-die is still powerful nowadays? This IC is 5 years old but always have the best performance...

It doesn't say that the top speed will be achieved on 32GB modules. I guess that top for 32GB will be DDR4-3600 as most available IC won't make more.
I have a Micron B 2x32GB kit which runs stable at 4133 CL18 and works in benchmarks at 4200 CL18 (looks like IMC problem to stabilize it). It's pretty much what you can expect of better 32GB modules regardless of the brand, Samsung too. Average chips will run at up to 3600 CL18.
I bet that 4000+ kits will be Micron E, Hynix C/D or something from Spectek as ADATA likes to use their IC and you could see that IC in 4000-4800 Corsair kits already. Samsung B is discontinued for a while now and memory vendors like to have some more IC to exchange within a product number so I highly doubt they will decide on Samsung.

System Name Eldritch
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570 Pro Wifi
Cooling Satan's butthole after going to Taco Bell
Memory 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 6*8TB Western Digital Blues in RAID 6, 2*512 GB Samsung 960 Pros
Display(s) Acer CB281HK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Software Debian Bullseye
I expect the timings are somewhere in the high 20s

It doesn't say that the top speed will be achieved on 32GB modules. I guess that top for 32GB will be DDR4-3600 as most available IC won't make more.
I have a Micron B 2x32GB kit which runs stable at 4133 CL18 and works in benchmarks at 4200 CL18 (looks like IMC problem to stabilize it). It's pretty much what you can expect of better 32GB modules regardless of the brand, Samsung too. Average chips will run at up to 3600 CL18.
I bet that 4000+ kits will be Micron E, Hynix C/D or something from Spectek as ADATA likes to use their IC and you could see that IC in 4000-4800 Corsair kits already. Samsung B is discontinued for a while now and memory vendors like to have some more IC to exchange within a product number so I highly doubt they will decide on Samsung.

B-die IC production isn't discontinued yet, Samsung is just no longer selling fully assembled OEM DIMMs with B-die chips.