• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cant load sound driver from Asus Striker Extreme

cgyacht

I have an Asus Striker extreme mobo, c2d 2.13ghz, bfg 8800gts, 2megs of corsair ddr800, seagate barricuda 320 gig at 7200. I installed all on a new case and everything runs perfect except the sound. The Soundmax adi1988 card that comes with the mobo does not load. the driver install says I need an HD audio bus driver and that it is not found. What is this particular driver and will this prevent me from installing a different card in the future. Can I get one? I tried changing things in the BIOS and running the driver from the Asus website but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

CG

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6600@2.4ghz stock
Motherboard Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cooling Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler-Pro
Memory Corsair DDR2 800mhz 2x1024-6400 XMS2 Pro Platium@4-4-4-12 stock
Video Card(s) Asus ATI Radeon HD 2900XT 512mb
Storage 2X250gb SataII Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0
Display(s) Diamond View CRT 17inch flatscreen
Case Cooler Master Cavalier black
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec 850 Truepower Quattro
Software Windows XP SP2
I have an Asus Striker extreme mobo, c2d 2.13ghz, bfg 8800gts, 2megs of corsair ddr800, seagate barricuda 320 gig at 7200. I installed all on a new case and everything runs perfect except the sound. The Soundmax adi1988 card that comes with the mobo does not load. the driver install says I need an HD audio bus driver and that it is not found. What is this particular driver and will this prevent me from installing a different card in the future. Can I get one? I tried changing things in the BIOS and running the driver from the Asus website but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

CG

I was going to buy the striker extreme too, but i heard that there was a bug with the audio card, and that there was no fix for it...maybe try google it and see if anyone has created a fix for the problem but other than that i think the best option is to disable the onboard and buy a new sound card....perhaps its the only option