• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Announcement Trailer Released

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
A Viking raider named Eivor leads a group of people away from endless war in Norway, only to seek refuge in hostile 8th century England. A clash of civilizations ensues. In Assassin's Creed Valhalla, you lead deadly longship raids against rival Saxon strongholds for resources to build your settlement. "Raids will be more action-packed and brutal than anything Assassin's Creed has seen before, thanks to a visceral new combat system that lets you bash, dismember, and decapitate your foes," say the developers. Of course it wouldn't be an Assassin's Creed game without stealth assassination missions. Catch the world premiere trailer below.

The world premiere trailer follows.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
limited/exclusively available only for XBOX X S?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X570-E
Cooling NOCTUA NH-U12A
Memory G.Skill FlareX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 DUAL
Storage 1 TB WD Black SN850X | 2 TB WD Blue SN570 | 10 TB WD Purple Pro
Display(s) LG 32QP880N 32"
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse Pulsar X2
Keyboard KIRA EXS
limited/exclusively available only for XBOX X S?

Nope, also available for PC. No STEAM though, Epic and Uplay only.

1588301421645.png

A GaaS title again, with loads of DRM. Prolly hidden the agendas since it's a cinematic. But look at the Collectors edition statues, we have a 30cm female viking and a 5cm male viking.

Also will have a hollow big RPG that every single fake game reviewers give top rating, all with a rehashed Odyssey style game. And ofc poor GFX fidelity, the bullshots prove it clearly. At this point Ubisoft is creatively bankrupt and no hope at all, ever since they changed their Logo it's been a downhill. Best AC games are AC, ACII, ACIIB, ACR, ACIII. Rest are just milking the series off, Unity is one gem which looks superb today and decimates Odyssey in looks completely and has a much much better artstyle and immersion, esp the fact that Animus has been completely removed off and the whole rendering the memories, a.k.a the world rendering which we used to see are gone. And AC team also left, the main person who created the franchise also left. And finally the fact that barbaric Vikings have Assassin type gameplay ? It's dead ever since they started the open rpg mega battles etc..

Processor 12900K @5.1all Pcore only, 1.23v
Motherboard MSI Edge
Cooling D15 Chromax Black
Memory 32GB 4000 C15
Video Card(s) 4090 Suprim X
Storage Various Samsung M.2s, 860 evo other
Display(s) Predator X27 / Deck (Nreal air) / LG C3 83
Case FD Torrent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Ananda / AudioEngine A5+
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX 1000W
Mouse Amazon finest (no brand)
Keyboard Amazon finest (no brand)
VR HMD Index
Benchmark Scores I got some numbers.
Looks amazing! Cant wait.

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual
Storage 250GB Crucial MX500 + 2TB Crucial MX500 + 2TB WD Black + 4TB Toshiba + 1TB Samsung F3
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Behringher UMC202HD Audio Interface + Mackie HM-4 + Sennheiser HD 280 Pro + Shure SM58
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Keychron K8 + Kailh BOX Crystal Jade switches + Ducky Good in Blue keycaps
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
A GaaS title again, with loads of DRM. Prolly hidden the agendas since it's a cinematic. But look at the Collectors edition statues, we have a 30cm female viking and a 5cm male viking.

Also will have a hollow big RPG that every single fake game reviewers give top rating, all with a rehashed Odyssey style game. And ofc poor GFX fidelity, the bullshots prove it clearly. At this point Ubisoft is creatively bankrupt and no hope at all, ever since they changed their Logo it's been a downhill. Best AC games are AC, ACII, ACIIB, ACR, ACIII. Rest are just milking the series off, Unity is one gem which looks superb today and decimates Odyssey in looks completely and has a much much better artstyle and immersion, esp the fact that Animus has been completely removed off and the whole rendering the memories, a.k.a the world rendering which we used to see are gone. And AC team also left, the main person who created the franchise also left. And finally the fact that barbaric Vikings have Assassin type gameplay ? It's dead ever since they started the open rpg mega battles etc..

WhiIe think Unity does look stunning, it's a bit of a stretch to say that it decimates Odyssey which looks as superb or slightly better than Origins which already looks better than Unity. Style and location wise does affect the overall look and design so if you prefer the dense and detailed Paris in Unity over the more open fields in Origins and Odyssey, I have nothing to argue. I do think an AC game should be closer to what Unity is than what the Origins or Odyssey too. However, I don't think Origins is hollow (don't know about Odyssey since I haven't played that yet) and all the good rating it received is warranted. I think it's very fun to play if you enjoy action RPG games in general. I realized you called out Odyssey but I think both games are similar in vein.

Still, while I love AC Origins as a game, I don't consider it and Odyssey as Assassin's Creed games, at least not based on the original concept and design. They're all just open-world RPGs, which is sad because I would rather have Ubisoft rebrand Origins, Odyssey and this new one under a new series instead of relying on the AC name.

D

Deleted member 177333

WhiIe think Unity does look stunning, it's a bit of a stretch to say that it decimates Odyssey which looks as superb or slightly better than Origins which already looks better than Unity. Style and location wise does affect the overall look and design so if you prefer the dense and detailed Paris in Unity over the more open fields in Origins and Odyssey, I have nothing to argue. I do think an AC game should be closer to what Unity is than what the Origins or Odyssey too. However, I don't think Origins is hollow (don't know about Odyssey since I haven't played that yet) and all the good rating it received is warranted. I think it's very fun to play if you enjoy action RPG games in general. I realized you called out Odyssey but I think both games are similar in vein.

Still, while I love AC Origins as a game, I don't consider it and Odyssey as Assassin's Creed games, at least not based on the original concept and design. They're all just open-world RPGs, which is sad because I would rather have Ubisoft rebrand Origins, Odyssey and this new one under a new series instead of relying on the AC name.

Ya, Origins & Odyssey are not AC Games, IMO, either. Pretty worlds, but definitely not AC. Glad I didn't pick either one up. Probably will handle Valhalla the same way.

kostaspyrkas

Ya, Origins & Odyssey are not AC Games, IMO, either. Pretty worlds, but definitely not AC. Glad I didn't pick either one up. Probably will handle Valhalla the same way.

Yes they are not...they are much much more that them...complete rpg games with tons of content and much better character progression and fight system

Assassin's creed odyssey is the best AC title.and origins is the 2nd...there is a huge gap between them and the titles before them...ubisoft is not stupid...they evolved their franchise to a much better concept

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
I'll give it a shot because I like the Viking era, though I don't have high hopes based on how boring the series has become lately. Everything after AC2 is basically a copy-paste of the previous one in a different setting.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.

Ooh they will sooner or later, anyways $60 for standard, $100 for gold and $120 they can go to hell. Better just to wait until the DLC's get released for it then wait for a sale.

But yes looking forward to it as i enjoyed Origin's but more tweaked was Odyssey and much better imo.

EDIT:

Yes they are not...they are much much more that them...complete rpg games with tons of content and much better character progression and fight system

Assassin's creed odyssey is the best AC title.and origins is the 2nd...there is a huge gap between them and the titles before them...ubisoft is not stupid...they evolved their franchise to a much better concept

Yes their is much more to them, how ever i think the best AC was the 2nd one. I like the fighting in the newer ones just needs more work and all so wish they add more of the older idea's like the memory fragments and returning back for what ever reason.

Their is a hell load of content with some funny humor to boot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 177333

They are lacking the stealth mechanics that make them AC games. I feel that Ubisoft spent too much time trying to copy Witcher 3 than actually developing a better AC game. To me, these last two are not true AC games. Not saying they don't have some things that I like, but to me they are not AC. As much as I disliked Unity overall, it got the stealth mechanics correct.