• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Matrox Now Shipping D-Series D1480 Graphics Card

D

Deleted member 190774

I also had the Millienium II and the G400. Interestingly, I ordered a MAX version, but the non-max version turned up. When making Matrox aware of the error, they sent me the MAX and told me to keep the non-Max. Happy days!

I can't imagine how awfully these cards must perform...

The last Matrox card I ever had was a Millennium II, and it was amazing... until 3DFX and nVidia came along and simply destroyed Matrox with their first releases. Matrox could only work in a vacuum, and when other, more competent companies started innovating, Matrox simply did not know what to do, as they simply did not know how to make any kind of technology which could compete... I see it's still the same for them today.
Fantasy can be fun, as evidenced by your comment..
I must admit that it would be interesting to see a review of one of these "state of the art" cards from Matrox.
Given what you already stated, it would likely be disappointing to you.

Matrox was always geared at the professional and business sectors as a focus of their business, gaming came as a secondary concern. Not much has changed.

Last edited:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Matrox was always geared at the professional and business sectors as a focus of their business, gaming came as a secondary concern. Not much has changed.
They used to be sought after by the Sim community for multi monitor setups in the early days.