• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PNY Announces 512GB Elite-X Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
PNY Technologies Announces today the launch and availability of the newest member of its Elite-X Fit family of products. Boasting 512 GB of capacity the new Elite-X Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive is small in size but big in capacity, performance and portability; meeting the requirements of speed and convenience that exist in our world today.

PNY's technology advancements made it possible to double the capacity size of the 256 GB Elite-X Fit without compromising form-factor, functionality or performance. The newly achieved capacity allows for the storage of over 90,000 photos at 20MP. Performance is also noteworthy as the drive delivers a read speed of up to 200 MB/s and a transfer speed that is thirty times faster than the typical USB 2.0 flash drive, allowing for the fast transfer and storage of large files.

The low-profile design of the 512 GB Elite-X Fit allows for the drive to stay connected to the USB port on desktops, laptops and more without interfering with the everyday usage of the device, such as storing the laptop in its case for travel. The micro-sized Elite-X Fit has minimal protrusion from the USB port which makes it ideal for use on laptops and ultrabooks, in-car audio systems, gaming consoles, TVs and anywhere there is a demanding application and the need for functionality and portability.

The Elite-X Fit provides a textured grip to make the plug and unplug experience easier and it includes a protective translucent cap for the USB connector when not in use.

Product Specifications:
  • Capacity: 512 GB
  • Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 1
  • Read Speed: up to 200 MB/s
  • Transfer Speed: 30x faster than USB 2.0
  • Connector: USB-A
  • Size: 0.80" height, 0.31" deep, 0.61" wide
  • Compatibility: PC and Mac with USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
Availability
The 512 GB Elite-X Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive is available starting today June 12th of 2020 via our eTail partner Amazon.com or directly at PNY's online store at a suggested retail price of US $99.99.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

That form factor is amazing. I am currently using a 128GB idrive for my music library in my car. I only have less than 40GB of music so it's more than enough space, but I did want the smaller form factor since it takes up space in the storage space. I'd consider getting one of these or an ELITE-X 128GB for $22 .

My USB2 sticks get ~30MB/s so 30x that is 900MB/s and yet specs says 200MB/s so how on earth is that anywhere 30x typical USB2 speeds. Cough BS cough.