• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Herman Miller And Logitech G Enhance The Embody Chair To Meet Needs Of Pro Gamers And Streamers

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Logitech G, a brand of Logitech, and Herman Miller took a first step into the world of seating ergonomics for gamers, streamers, and esports athletes today when they unveiled a series of high performance gaming furniture and accessories, including the Embody Gaming Chair, the industry's first truly ergonomic chair.

Together, the two companies spent nearly two years studying esport pros and players around the globe to understand their needs. "Prior to the in-depth research we did, we knew many gamers loved our current offering as we are constantly rated highly in almost every gamer product review," said Tim Straker, Chief Marketing Officer for Herman Miller. "The main feedback we received was they wanted more variety."

The more research Herman Miller and Logitech did with the gaming community, the more they found that players took a variety of postures in chairs without noticing the negative impact it had on their performance and potential damage to their health over time. "This in-depth research convinced us that we needed to modify a current offering to improve lower back support, increase forward leaning, provide a greater ability to swivel, and better adjustments for tables and monitors," continued Straker. "The Embody Chair set the benchmark for pressure distribution, natural alignment, and support for healthy movement, so it was the perfect choice to be modified to meet these needs." In addition to the Embody Gaming Chair, the two companies are bringing a height adjustable desk and a monitor arm to the gaming market.

While several of Herman Miller's chair designs were tested with gamers, Embody was chosen as the perfect platform to build a gaming chair from. A typical esports athlete and streamer are seated at their desk upwards of three times as long as a typical office worker. In addition, a large number of gamers expressed widespread dissatisfaction with the comfort and ergonomics provided from traditional gaming chairs that typically focus on aesthetics, as there is a significant decline in performance due to the physical challenges that come from repetitive motion injuries.

"Gamers deserve advanced ergonomic solutions in all aspects of play. We partnered with Herman Miller to evolve their award-winning Embody Chair into a solution that meets the specific needs of gamers today," said Peter Kingsley, Chief Marketing Officer at Logitech G. "This is the first step in an ongoing relationship, and we're proud to be working with Herman Miller to find new ways to help all gamers play at their best."

The first gaming chair from Herman Miller and Logitech G addresses all of those needs and more. The Embody Gaming Chair allows gamers' bodies to be properly aligned, balanced, and comfortable. A number of enhancements were made to get there, including cooling foam with copper-infused particles that support the ideal gaming posture and reduce heat buildup caused from sitting on thick cushions for a prolonged period of time, and pixelated support, which distributes weight evenly to reduce pressure and encourages movement. These features are crucial to maintaining healthy circulation and focus.

Additional Gaming Products
In addition to the Embody Gaming Chair, the companies introduced the Herman Miller Motia, Ratio, and Nevi Gaming Desks. The perfect complement to the Embody Gaming Chair in both aesthetics and functionality, these new gaming desks encourage regular movement and allow users to switch between different postures to adjust to gamers' playing styles, increasing energy and efficiency. The enhanced desks feature a matte black anti-smudge and anti-glare finish, which can be found only on the gaming desks.

Both products can be paired with the matching Ollin Gaming Monitor Arm, which supports a range of monitors and laptops of various weights and sizes. The arm has a wide range of motion, allowing gamers to position their screen wherever makes them the most comfortable, encouraging a healthier posture when gaming.

Pricing and Availability
The introduction of these new products reinforces the companies' worldwide leadership in innovation and high-performance solutions for gamers. All products will be available beginning July 22, at HermanMiller.com/gaming. The Embody Gaming Chair will be available for $1,495 USD; the Motia Desk is available for $1,295 USD; and the Ollin Monitor Arm will retail for $295 USD.

To order your gear, or to get the latest information about collaboration solutions from Logitech G and Herman Miller, visit hermanmiller.com/gaming or logitechG.com/hermanmiller.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Yeah, no, that price is just insane. Herman Miller makes lovely chairs, but just no...

VrOtk

I hoped they'd come with a cheaper new design, but it's the same HM chair with blue accents. That's gotta one of the worst targeted products towards "gaming" sector... Simply because people won't be physically able to buy it.

Honestly the embody is an amazing chair. If you haven't tried it, it's pretty unique in the way it supports you. Herman miller is expensive because of quality and warranty and marketing and all that. Most of their chairs I thought were overpriced for the comfort and not great even though they are built like tanks. However the embody is well worth the extra over any of their other chairs. In my opinion it stands alone as the best chair out there, particularly over most "gaming" chairs that are cheap junk with some branding. This sounds over the top, but I've had mine for nearly five years and as I work from home I use it sometimes up to 20 hours a day when deadlines would come. The level of back or butt pain I would get in other chairs would make that hell but with this chair it's honestly not there. Also it's just as good as day one :) Yes it's not cheap, but these days we have $1500 gpus, $2000 monitors, $4000 cpus, $900 mobos all of which will be out of date in a couple of years. This chair at least will last, yeah maybe don't bother if you only spend a couple of hours in a chair a day. But if you spend any serious time in a chair, then your wallet might hurt, but at least your back won't ;)

I've had an embody for the last 5 years or so. Worth every penny when you sit in it 8+ hours a day.

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
Yeah, no, that price is just insane. Herman Miller makes lovely chairs, but just no...
I've had multiple chairs over the past decade including mid priced copies of Herman Millers that all resulted in the same issue with my hips/back up until I bit the bullet and spent for my Aeron. It definitely was a hard pill to swallow looking at the price tag, but no regrets after about 2 years of use. I would buy one again with no hesitation if something happened to the one I have.

I've had my Embody for at least 10 years now. It's held up extremely well yeah it will creak and pop when moving around but nothings torn or broken over time. I'm not seeing the value add here with the logitech version just looks like a recolor.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
I am stunned people still buy into this shit.

lluvia

This is the least anticipated and confusing partnership. I can't fathom who this chair is for.

At first I assumed they at least put in Bluetooth speakers from Logitech for a more "immersive" gaming experience, whereas its just an existing Embody design with different materials. The only involvement that Logitech seems to have is lending their color scheme and brand. (Being the third largest "gaming" brand behind Razer and Corsair. No, I do not like them or think highly of either.)

So I assume this is Herman Miller trying to get into the "gaming" market. Optimistically high hopes that "gamers" will buy an entire ecosystem, which itself is puzzling as Logitech doesn't seem to have aggressive marketing in that sense. Additionally, Herman Miller doesn't seem to realize how much spending a strong majority of "gamers" have access to and/or willing to use --

Did Herman Miller just brush off the fact that majority who identify as "gamers" have an entire gaming PC setup (system + monitor for 1080p gaming) that costs about the chair itself ($1,495) ? Add in the desk ($1,295) and you have the budget for a 10900k, 2080 Ti system that most "gamers" dream of.

What they should have done was either to make a more "budget" oriented model sitting at $600~$700, which would still sit at the highest price point for a "gaming" chair. Heck, even cutting the $1,000 price point would have been something. (Which I'm sure they are capable of, just keeping prices high for brand power and profits.)

Or, Herman Miller should have provided built-in speakers and/or vibration while maintaining the initial price ($1,495).

I will say that this is a great experiment though -- How much more sales do you get by just slapping on "gaming" for a product that marginally affects gaming performance (with an absurd price to performance gain ratio)?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Looks like the headrest flopped over backwards and is broken, and that cheap arsed looking base with generic wheels, ripped off.
They could have done something there for the price they want to charge.

This is the least anticipated and confusing partnership. I can't fathom who this chair is for.

At first I assumed they at least put in Bluetooth speakers from Logitech for a more "immersive" gaming experience, whereas its just an existing Embody design with different materials. The only involvement that Logitech seems to have is lending their color scheme and brand. (Being the third largest "gaming" brand behind Razer and Corsair. No, I do not like them or think highly of either.)

So I assume this is Herman Miller trying to get into the "gaming" market. Optimistically high hopes that "gamers" will buy an entire ecosystem, which itself is puzzling as Logitech doesn't seem to have aggressive marketing in that sense. Additionally, Herman Miller doesn't seem to realize how much spending a strong majority of "gamers" have access to and/or willing to use --

Did Herman Miller just brush off the fact that majority who identify as "gamers" have an entire gaming PC setup (system + monitor for 1080p gaming) that costs about the chair itself ($1,495) ? Add in the desk ($1,295) and you have the budget for a 10900k, 2080 Ti system that most "gamers" dream of.

What they should have done was either to make a more "budget" oriented model sitting at $600~$700, which would still sit at the highest price point for a "gaming" chair. Heck, even cutting the $1,000 price point would have been something. (Which I'm sure they are capable of, just keeping prices high for brand power and profits.)

Or, Herman Miller should have provided built-in speakers and/or vibration while maintaining the initial price ($1,495).

I will say that this is a great experiment though -- How much more sales do you get by just slapping on "gaming" for a product that marginally affects gaming performance (with an absurd price to performance gain ratio)?

Ionno if i was a streamer sponsored by logitech i'd be excited if i could get to sit in a Herman Miller chair vs the weird shoulder bolsters on other "gaming" chairs. But yeah weird partnership, Herman miller makes really great long lasting chairs but they come at a really premium price.

System Name latest-greatest
Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard Z690 Rog Strix-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360
Memory corsair vengeance Ddr5 4800
Video Card(s) 2080ti
Storage 980 pro gen4
Display(s) LG C1 4K 120Mhz
Case fractal meshify2
Audio Device(s) Realtec 4080
Power Supply Corsair rm1000x
"including cooling foam with copper-infused particles that support the ideal gaming posture and reduce heat buildup caused from sitting on thick cushions for a prolonged period of time"

So, it has that 'cooling' memory foam which is anything but cooling. Memory foam traps heat and the cooling ones only add some particulates to the foam in order to make it less dense.

This is a chair with hard plastics, cheap wheels, cheap arm rests and memory foam.

You are definitely paying for the name and not much more.

It is not memory foam. The chair barely has any foam because it doesn't need much due to the unique support structure. I have the cooling material on mine, I think it's more that it has dimples that allow more airfow. I don't get as hot as I have in other chairs with thick cushions (obviously any mesh type chair is the coolest) but I haven't tried the regular material choice to know if its anything more than marketing.

System Name IONE
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B550-A Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Memory 128GB (4x32GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-25600 (3200), CMK128GX4M4E3200C16
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce RTX 3080 12GB
Storage Samsung 980 1TB NVMe (system), WD Black 1TB NVMe (temp), 16x Seagate IronWolf 10TB (RAID6 storage)
Display(s) Dell UP3017
Case Lian-Li PC-777B
Audio Device(s) Blue Sadie headphones
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech M510
Keyboard Keychron Q8, brass plate, Kailh Box Summer switches and PBT Cherry keycaps
Software Xubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores N/A
Will I get a gaming chair if I strap some RGB lights to my Herman Miller Aeron?

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
This is Earth 616 isn't it.

F#@@ I'm leaving the rum and puff alone tonight, I appear to have jumped dimensions into idiot land wtaf do people earn 50k at McDonald's in this universe or something.

I'm having a nap hopefully I wake up and this insanity is over cos I love that chair but my eye's must be f££@##, that price..

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
I currently use the Steelcase Gesture which I spent 1400€ on and man let me tell you that was the worst money spent on a chair ever. I have to use a seat cushion after about 30 minutes. I'm in the currently looking to replace my chair with either the one above or Aeron Gaming Chair. I need to find a store where I can get a 30 day try at home... I damn sure don't want to screwed over like the Steelcase chair.

*At my age, I will sell a kidney for comfort...so don't judge me.

Btw, the site seems to have a bundle package. Sadly I use a three monitor setup...ain't no way I would spend $300 on a single monitor arm. That's just nuts.

System Name IONE
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B550-A Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Memory 128GB (4x32GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-25600 (3200), CMK128GX4M4E3200C16
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce RTX 3080 12GB
Storage Samsung 980 1TB NVMe (system), WD Black 1TB NVMe (temp), 16x Seagate IronWolf 10TB (RAID6 storage)
Display(s) Dell UP3017
Case Lian-Li PC-777B
Audio Device(s) Blue Sadie headphones
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech M510
Keyboard Keychron Q8, brass plate, Kailh Box Summer switches and PBT Cherry keycaps
Software Xubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores N/A
At my age, I will sell a kidney for comfort...so don't judge me.
I have used Herman Miller Aeron chairs at work/home for over 22 years. Best investment ever, especially if you can find a refurbished one for half price. We have two at home now as the missus also have had back issues with all previous chairs.

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
I have used Herman Miller Aeron chairs at work/home for over 22 years. Best investment ever, especially if you can find a refurbished one for half price. We have two at home now as the missus also have had back issues with all previous chairs.
I really really like the Aeron chairs as I had one at one of the bases I was stationed at. My butt was completely comfortable, but I wish the back was higher being over 6' tall. That is why I went with the Steelcase w/headrest (wrong choice) Hopefully the Embody can provide the back support I'm looking for while not destroying the cheeks. If not, it will be the Aeron and get one of those add-on headrests.